I kopped the last of the champagne hopsacks. I couldn't afford them the first time on EFF; I'm really glad to see them make another round!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3237post #48541 of 5940011/19/15 at 6:09pmpost #48542 of 5940011/19/15 at 6:58pmpost #48543 of 5940011/19/15 at 7:17pmpost #48544 of 5940011/19/15 at 7:59pmpost #48545 of 5940011/19/15 at 9:40pmpost #48546 of 5940011/19/15 at 9:41pmpost #48547 of 5940011/20/15 at 2:36ampost #48548 of 5940011/20/15 at 2:51ampost #48549 of 5940011/20/15 at 3:54ampost #48550 of 5940011/20/15 at 4:18ampost #48551 of 5940011/20/15 at 4:50ampost #48552 of 5940011/20/15 at 5:27ampost #48553 of 5940011/20/15 at 5:35ampost #48554 of 5940011/20/15 at 5:45ampost #48555 of 5940011/20/15 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by scrolls
@Epaulet please do vests in long sizes at some point in the future!
@scrolls we can actually do this at any time with the Southwick MTO program. You can get any size - short, regular, or long. Choose from a vest with lapels or without. Price is around $250 - $350, depending on the fabric.Quote:
@rob129 Sure, send me an email on that - and it would have to be an individual MTO, not the Ends For Friends promo. But please note that the only thing that will change is the waistband, you'll still have the overall seat fit of the 35.Quote:Originally Posted by Don L
@EP Sam Will you be posting a link here when the Walt samples go up?
@Don L I'll see if I can build these out today. We also have two other fits to offer:
Garda: fits like the Walt but with a slightly bigger leg
Como: fits like the Rudy but with a slightly bigger legQuote:Originally Posted by Don L
Some killer fits guys....
Channeling Tricky with the EP Moleskin Vest ans Walt's
@Don L this is awesome! Love those Aldens.Quote:Originally Posted by dalevy
@EP Sam Do you have any more pics of the Stony Beach Donegal? I ordered the Saffron, but the pic above makes it look more yellowish that I might prefer. I might prefer something that is a more neutral brown. Recommendations? Is it possible to change my fabricif I want?
edit: paging @Epaulet as well.
@dalevy the Saffron definitely has a golden and yellow cast, hence the name. If you're worried about that than Sandy Beach is a safe choice - it's a straight up tan.
Take your time, just email me by Sunday if you want to change.Quote:
@peppercorn78 pale grape is actually one of the easiest colors to wear that we've offered. The purple tone is really subtle, so it's almost as versatile as a basic oxford grey flannel. With the extra bonus of working with grey jackets and not being too matched up.Quote:Originally Posted by applky
Wondering this exact thing about that fabric and the Stony Beach Donegal.
Also @Epaulet are the Peat's Sake, Lyle Lovat, and Honey Nut heavy fabrics flannels or tweeds? The picture says one thing and the dropdown says another.
@applky they're all tweedsQuote:
@duff406 we're bringing in just Derby and Navy for stock. Should be here early next week, along with the pre-order sweaters.Quote:
@malwear they're pretty different - the champagne is a lot lighter in tone. The fabric is freaking brilliant, so I don't think you'll be upset at your wardrobe for having too many REDA hopsacksQuote:
@mdubs we bit off more than we could chew at the factory. I thought that we could run both events concurrently, but we hit a bottleneck. Brooklyn has pretty lousy internet service, and each picture was taking ages to upload. Just wasn't realistic to do all of that in real time.Quote:Originally Posted by CanadaCal
Dusty Saffron Donegal. I have the Ironwood Donegal already, is the saffron much brighter/lighter? Easy to add a pair?
Also interested in:
Loden Windowpane, Grape and the Teal/Cream Check.
I find myself dressing down more than up, which makes me think donegal over flannel. (button down, boots, even chuck taylors often)
Saffron is definitely lighter and more colorful, I wouldn't say that there's too much duplication there.
Loden Windowpane is the dressiest and oldest school of the three. Teal/Cream is rad, but that pant is BOLD. Pale Grape is going to be very easy to wear and probably the best match to a range of different footwear. I'd wear it with sneakers in a heartbeat. Same for Dusty Saffron.Quote:
@Todd V Kale and Khaki is rad. Although I'd say that both are equally wearable, just different shades of green. Most of these more colorful fabrics were sourced for Paul Stuart, so they're all in the dressy spectrum.Quote:Originally Posted by evilWagon
One last question before I pull the trigger I'm in Canada so after shipping, taxes and exchange this is an expensive mistake if they don't fit, and the Rudys can't be returned.
Through both genetics and mountain biking, hiking and skating I've been gifted/cursed with what my tailor calls a 'powerful behind' it sounds less insulting when said with an Italian accent. Basically I have a muscular butt and thighs and I'm 6'7" -250lbs, and it turns some dress pants into obscene crotch huggers.
So my question for the Rudys specifically, is the distance from the top middle of the waistband down to the seam in the crotch much different from the distance from the seam to the middle back? I'm assuming that the widest part of the seat is several inches wider than the waist?
Lastly is there anyone out there with 39 or 40" Rudys that could confirm the actual dimensions? The chart only goes to 36 and a guesswork extrapolation isn't nearly as good as the real thing, thanks for any help.
@evilWagon we're going to put @EP Sam in touch with you. Quick answer is: I think that we can get you a better fit than the Rudy. At your height, you really need something that can be done in a Long fitting. I can't guarantee that the first try will be perfect, but we can definitely get you a pant that will be very wearable - and probably even more refined with a bit of tailoring. We'll need a set of measurements for pants that fit you well now.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden x Brooks Brothers #8 Shell PTB - 11.5D fits Brannock 12 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 5 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 6 minutes ago
- › Cheaney's unique new shop 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...