Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3235post #48512 of 5984111/19/15 at 9:10amQuote:
Can't remember if it includes brown, but I think Mike is bringing in some Heirloom Cardigans as stock.post #48513 of 5984111/19/15 at 9:10amQuote:
Wondering this exact thing about that fabric and the Stony Beach Donegal.
Also @Epaulet are the Peat's Sake, Lyle Lovat, and Honey Nut heavy fabrics flannels or tweeds? The picture says one thing and the dropdown says another.post #48514 of 5984111/19/15 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Goodman
Before we get off the topic completely. In the market for something on the dressier side of things in the light brownish family. Perhaps something to pair with a nice navy cashmere sweaters/sports coats. Trying to narrow it down between Stony Beach Donegal, Chex Mix flannel and the Abe Moon Mocha and Toasty tweeds. I'm open for suggestions.
From a color perspective, any of those fabrics would be a brilliant match with anything navy up top - I would recommend making your choice based on texture. If you're looking for something a little more formal I'd steer you towards one of the Abraham Moon tweeds. They still have plenty of surface interest but they are a little less busy if you look at them up close.
That said, I don't think you can go wrong either way and stony beach and chex mix are still plenty formal for all but the most conservative of environments - they definitely read as solids from a distance.Quote:Originally Posted by Wooderson
@Epaulet any update on this round of heirloom sweaters? Any chance they still come in before Thanksgiving? Thanks
Mike will correct me if I'm wrong here but they should still be on track for delivery before thanksgiving.Quote:
The cottons and heavy wools tend to make up a bit bigger, with lightweight wools making up the slimmest.Quote:Originally Posted by Salad
Too many EFF choices! I'm in the SF/Bay but was thinking about the Heavy Marl Flannels. My fear is there going to be too heavy.
Does anyone know the weight of the Abraham Moon tweeds?
Champagne Hop is calling too. I can wear hopsack year round here. Ugh. Decisions, decisions.
The heavy marl flannels are a pretty good weight - not necessarily unwearable in the SF/Bay area but you would probably get a bit more wear out of the Moon tweeds.Quote:
If the Wilshire fits you in a 34, you'd most likely be a 34 in the Walt as well. That said, bear in mind that Denim is going to stretch in the waist band whereas wool, and even cotton in the walt fit will not stretch nearly as much (due to the construction of the waist band on the walt and the properties of those fabrics vs denim).Quote:
Killer fits here dude, as usual! Refreshing to actually see someone using the trainers for training tooQuote:
This is a really unique fabric - I've never seen anything quite like it and it was a bit of a head scratcher for us when it came to naming! Super soft hand on this one and it's kind of like a birdseye pattern. For a green toned pant I'd say it's also equal parts grey and very wearable - it doesn't exactly scream green.Quote:Originally Posted by CanadaCal
Dusty Saffron Donegal. I have the Ironwood Donegal already, is the saffron much brighter/lighter? Easy to add a pair?
Also interested in:
Loden Windowpane, Grape and the Teal/Cream Check.
I find myself dressing down more than up, which makes me think donegal over flannel. (button down, boots, even chuck taylors often)
The saffron is significantly lighter and I'd say it's definitely easy to pair. It reads a bit like a darker khaki shade, and it would be a good match to anything you would wear khaki toned pants with.
The teal/cream check is absolutely unbelievable - I definitely don't need any more pants but I'm having a pair of driggs made up in it with side tabs The Loden windowpane is the most wearable windowpane I've ever seen - it's very subdued and a wonderful shade of green. And the grape is a classic - many here have sung its praises but it is very easy to pair and not the least bit loud like most purple pants out there. All great choices, you've got a tough decision to make!
This is a BOSS fit - so good!Quote:
It turns out that we bit off a little more than we could chew yesterday they will be going up soon! There are some really killer makeups there too including a few pairs with cargo pocketsQuote:
Generally speaking, the color representation in our photos is very accurate. Occasionally, we do see some variation in color in different batches of fabric, even if they are from the same mill and, technically, the same item - I'm guessing that is what happened here.Quote:
Dat shirt! Dat hat! And dem crisp new LWBs! Nicely done
Now I might be a bit biased...
...but the field jackets came out SO GOOD
Edited by EP Sam - 11/19/15 at 9:55ampost #48515 of 5984111/19/15 at 9:34ampost #48516 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:00ampost #48517 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:10ampost #48518 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:19ampost #48519 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:31am
@EP Sam Do you have any more pics of the Stony Beach Donegal? I ordered the Saffron, but the pic above makes it look more yellowish that I might prefer. I might prefer something that is a more neutral brown. Recommendations? Is it possible to change my fabricif I want?
edit: paging @Epaulet as well.
Edited by dalevy - 11/19/15 at 2:03pmpost #48520 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:35amQuote:Originally Posted by EP Sam
This is a really unique fabric - I've never seen anything quite like it and it was a bit of a head scratcher for us when it came to naming! Super soft hand on this one and it's kind of like a birdseye pattern. For a green toned pant I'd say it's also equal parts grey and very wearable - it doesn't exactly scream green.
Looks almost identical to the Emerald City in the last round, no?post #48521 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:41ampost #48522 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:44ampost #48523 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:46amWhile the weather is perfect in Ann Arbor this afternoon, there's a Quiet Storm brewing.
I'll try and get a picture of the full suit later this afternoon but let's just say I'm glad I took the plunge and got the trousers to go along with the tweed MTO jacket. I feel bulletproof in this get up.post #48524 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:54ampost #48525 of 5984111/19/15 at 10:56am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...