Would definitely be in for a brown pebble grain short or longwing with a rubber sole. Perfect all weather shoe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 7:14 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3187post #47791 of 5775411/3/15 at 3:52ampost #47792 of 5775411/3/15 at 5:48am
Man, so much good shit coming down the line.
Alden Alt Wein Toe Cap > Vass
Suede PTB, Wings, & Alts - Would love to see some unique colours. Everyone makes Snuff & Tan. Although both of those are great too.
Murdered out Calgary boot is still high priority on my list... Hopefully it winds up like I'm picturing it in my head...
When the Chelseas get off the ground a suede version would be much appreciated. And these heavy rivets on the horizon sound very tempting also. Any idea on colours for those?post #47793 of 5775411/3/15 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Suede makeups sound very promising.
What about a horsehide preorder for these PTBs @Epaulet? Of course, I have yet to confirm my assumption that the EP/Comipel horsehide sneakers will be awesome... But we're thinking ahead here.
@FrankCowperwood good call - horsehide PTB's are pretty unstoppableQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
+1 on something suede.
@frankcowperwood is always on point. I would probably prepay for an Ep horsehide shoe. My vote would be for a perforated captoe / alt wien design with maybe a double leather or dainite sole. Something of a daily workhorse to beat the heck out of.
Can't wait. My horsehide trainers are scheduled to arrive today. Thanks for shipping them despite the chaotic weekend I'm sure you had!
@docalden2013 good to hear from another Alt Wien aficionado! When we're talking about a makeup in this line & price, the sole units are always going to be different. My guys can't work with Dainite, and leather is a little bit problematic.
Blake stitching uses one large stitch to fix the upper to the sole. There's a channel at the bottom of the sole that holds the stitch. Once the channel wears through, the stitch hits the pavement and the shoe comes apart. Any leather soled shoes from blake manufacturers like Quoddy, Rancourt, and a ton of Italian brands will have this issue. We came across it when we made our own handsewns in Maine. This is the nature of blake stitching, and it is an issue for longevity.
When we started work on the PTB & Combat boot, I was a real pain in the ass. I insisted up and down to the factory that we needed a sole that was low profile and potentially biz-caz, but also long wearing. We ended up with the leather-rubber combo used on the PTB. The sole is stacked leather - and can be nicely edge-trimmed, and the bottom has rubber grip panels from St. Moritz. The rubber gives you nice traction and provides a lot of durability for the sole - way more than an all-leather unit could ever have. And truthfully, this is the only sole that I really have to use - at least right now. It's not a pure traditional dress shoe, but I think that the price and the comfort puts it into another realm. I love the idea of knocking out a Longwing or Alt Wien pattern and delivering a rad suede European-made shoe for $255.post #47794 of 5775411/3/15 at 5:53amHas anybody received one of the tweed overshirts yet? I'm interested in the sizing. I always have a difficult time with Epaulet's shirts - A medium is usually great in the neck and the midsection, but uncomfortably tight across the shoulders and chest. A large is usually way too big across the shoulders (as well as everywhere else). I really want to pick up one of the overshirts and am leaning towards a large, since I probably won't mind the baggier fit so much since it is such a casual piece. FWIW, I have a 40 in the heirloom sweaters that fits great and most of my MTO sportcoats from Epaulet are a 41.post #47795 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Has anybody received one of the tweed overshirts yet? I'm interested in the sizing. I always have a difficult time with Epaulet's shirts - A medium is usually great in the neck and the midsection, but uncomfortably tight across the shoulders and chest. A large is usually way too big across the shoulders (as well as everywhere else). I really want to pick up one of the overshirts and am leaning towards a large, since I probably won't mind the baggier fit so much since it is such a casual piece. FWIW, I have a 40 in the heirloom sweaters that fits great and most of my MTO sportcoats from Epaulet are a 41.
@Michigan Planner Go for the Large, I think that's going to be the best fit for you. You can expect it to fit you like the one in Dylan's pics fit him. I think that it lends itself nicely to being worn a bit larger. That way you can also layer a flannel underneath. I'd take a large and also wear a 40 Heirloom and 41 Sportcoat.
Also, drop me an email if you ever want to set up a custom Individualized profile. We can easily do that for you - I suspect that your sizing will be similar to what I order.post #47796 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:16ampost #47797 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:18ampost #47798 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:21ampost #47799 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:23ampost #47800 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
@Epaulet - Thank you for the very quick response. The order has been placed!
@Michigan Planner thank you sir! Great choice on those Sport Trainers too - the Saddle CC is just gorgeous.
Also, I'll apologize in advance for the image above - I'm on kind of gif bender these days.post #47801 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:34amQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Picked up the ring rings and some garands. Sad to see garands go, not many options like them outside of RRL officer chinos
Also don't think I ever posted this pic, if you are on fence the new Indys are the nicest version I've ever seen. Leather feel is really nice as well
Love this version of indy!
Mike, can you please include this indy in next round of Alden pre-order?!post #47802 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:35ampost #47803 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:43amQuote:
@kwanon the shirt is killer on you
On that note, a huge thanks to you for working with me to adjust the fit. Taking out the pleats, adding darts, and slimming the sleeves took the fit to a whole other level. Combined with the sleeve and body length alterations this is now as good to me as a MTM shirt. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more Individualized offerings. Really looking forward to that strawberry cream flannel, which I'm convinced is going to be the winner of that last EFF round.post #47804 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:45ampost #47805 of 5775411/3/15 at 6:48am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Shannon balmoral boots, Dark Oak, 82 last UK9E with... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...