or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3184

post #47746 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I exp cited those over shirts to be $325-$350. Under $300 is a strong price point for those. Very versatile and heavy duty piece

Yeah, I suppose it is fair. I'm not saying EP is overcharging or anything. Suppose I thought it would come in around $200. But I'm sure the wool is substantial and I'm sure it's rad. Like I said, just can't justify something that's probably pretty duplicative of stuff I already have.

post #47747 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post
 

Yeah, I suppose it is fair. I'm not saying EP is overcharging or anything. Suppose I thought it would come in around $200. But I'm sure the wool is substantial and I'm sure it's rad. Like I said, just can't justify something that's probably pretty duplicative of stuff I already have.

Also love how Ryden and Tricky are always up early commenting - a sure sign of small humans running around the house pre-sunrise. My hairless monkey is 2 and a half.

post #47748 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

Also love how Ryden and Tricky are always up early commenting - a sure sign of small humans running around the house pre-sunrise. My hairless monkey is 2 and a half.
Especially when 5:30 AM has become the new 6:30 AM. Just ordered my ring ring backup and all this donegal talk translated to an impulse pickup of the salt/pepper Walts.
post #47749 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

Also love how Ryden and Tricky are always up early commenting - a sure sign of small humans running around the house pre-sunrise. My hairless monkey is 2 and a half.

Haha very true - 4 and 6 here.

But I catch the 7 am train every morning so I'm up just after 5 regardless. Yawn...
post #47750 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Especially when 5:30 AM has become the new 6:30 AM. Just ordered my ring ring backup and all this donegal talk translated to an impulse pickup of the salt/pepper Walts.

Really looknig hard at those Ring Rings. Any sense for how close to spec your initial purchaser came in? The cuff measurement is cutting it close for me and if it was under spec it probably wouldn't work - that's the only thing that's holding me back. 

post #47751 of 57688

I hear ya, 2 monsters for me.  Still doing the 3-4:00 wakeup thing with the little fella. (7mos & 2.5yrs).

 

 

Morning kop.   Loden & Black Bombers.

post #47752 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

Really looknig hard at those Ring Rings. Any sense for how close to spec your initial purchaser came in? The cuff measurement is cutting it close for me and if it was under spec it probably wouldn't work - that's the only thing that's holding me back. 
I didn't measure them but I am not one who goes for very narrow leg openings - all I can say is that they work for me while something like the Driggs does not.
post #47753 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


I didn't measure them but I am not one who goes for very narrow leg openings - all I can say is that they work for me while something like the Driggs does not.

Ok cool - this is helpful 

I could never do the driggs - much more a walt/rudy guy 

Thanks 

post #47754 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

Anyone else feel like the donegal overshirt is just too pricey? I was pretty excited about getting one, but that price is more in the full-blown jacket or shoe range. Just hard to justify when I'm not exactly in need of fall gear anyway. Mike, hopefully this is seen as helpful feedback and not complaining. It's a great looking piece, but I'd rather keep the powder dry for a field jacket or runners.

I think Mike had mentioned the ballpark price for the overshirt sometime in the past, so it's not much of a shock to me. I agree that it seems pricey at first glance, but given that it is a wool shirt/jacket made by New England Shirt Co, I think the price is where it should be. I grabbed a beige one since I've been eyeing that fabric/color, but I sized down from my typical size L EP shirts based on the measurements and how it looked on Dylan. Seems kind of off on him. Hopefully sizing down from the recommended size works out for me. I think it will since I've sized down on a lot of EP outerwear compared to my EP shirt size based on online measurements with good success.
post #47755 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


I think Mike had mentioned the ballpark price for the overshirt sometime in the past, so it's not much of a shock to me. I agree that it seems pricey at first glance, but given that it is a wool shirt/jacket made by New England Shirt Co, I think the price is where it should be. I grabbed a beige one since I've been eyeing that fabric/color, but I sized down from my typical size L EP shirts based on the measurements and how it looked on Dylan. Seems kind of off on him. Hopefully sizing down from the recommended size works out for me. I think it will since I've sized down on a lot of EP outerwear compared to my EP shirt size based on online measurements with good success.


I agree about the fit where I'd likely size down for a slimmer fit.  I was pumped for the wheat overshirt, but I realized I have a lot of fall jackets that I'd use for the same type of outfits, and probably better for me to put those funds towards a winter jacket.

 

Price point seems right considering MTO/stock shirts run $175-$200.  +1 to the suggestion of the donegal doyle though, that would be a killer makeup

post #47756 of 57688

All EP Fit today as well

Navy Duck Doyle

Champagne Reeda Hopsack Walt's

post #47757 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I exp cited those over shirts to be $325-$350. Under $300 is a strong price point for those. Very versatile and heavy duty piece

I place these in the heirloom sweater or lighter weight jacket class and think the price point is in the range I expected.

post #47758 of 57688

Agreed with you @rydenfan, @MacktasticGDogg, and @Don L that it's a completely fair price considering the premium fabric and NE Shirt Co single-needle tailoring.

 

I picked mine up in the same size as my EP shirt size. For reference, I'm a Small in EP shirting which fits slim on me, though I do take a Medium in most outerwear/sweaters, so I tried the Small and Medium. The overshirt Medium looked fine as a looser fit, but I wound up going for the overshirt Small, which looked slim and sharp. In all, I'm glad I took the same as my EP shirt size. It's a great piece.

post #47759 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Not EP, but inspiration Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Nice Eidos.  Just sent the burgundy back as the value proposition wasn't there for me, but if Mike can deliver similar for half the price... :worship:

 

You all with just two rugrats got it easy.  The fun begins with three.  Life is just a big carpool.  This past weekend was soccer practice, game, water polo tournament, musical performance, and then 3x halloween activities.  My only respite was an 45 min at the gym, which meant I vegged out on the elliptical while watching my Cowboys lose again.

post #47760 of 57688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

I place these in the heirloom sweater or lighter weight jacket class and think the price point is in the range I expected.

So let me double back to my original thought. While there's surely a ton of handwork that goes into this from NE, and while the fabric itself is probably not cheap, I picked up an Heirloom precisely because that thing is knitted by hand. Without the handwork, not only is there no garment, there's no material to even make a garment. Maybe Mike is just getting a screaming deal on the Heirlooms, but it just seems weird to me a shirt (even a shirt "jacket") would cost more than a handknit wool sweater. And now I'm really done on this subject (I swear).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread