or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 2183

post #32731 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Samuelsohn and Walts. Sorry there's no detail of the Sammy. It is the flecked tweed.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Thumbs up FC

post #32732 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

Got my FF Rivet chinos today—sanded canvas Indig, steeped twill in Rust and Golden—all three are excellent colors and fit. I thought Mike said the Rivet cut was going away? That would be sad; I finally found a fit I like.

 

So the rec is to wash these in warm water with Retayne before taking it to the tailor? I may try to replace buttons with metal hardware.

 

Eager to check out the new cut whose name escapes me. Had the hollywood waist band. (couldn't find it in search for some reason)

 

Yeah, there's been feedback that the steep twill rust and golden (maybe others) seem to fade faster than usual.  Mike had recommended to use a dye fixative.  I just got my rust and golden a few days ago and went through the Retayne soaking process.  Unfortunately, the directions for Retayne stated that you couldn't use a He (high efficiency) washing machine.  So I soaked them manually in hot water for 20 minutes.  Seemed to do the trick as I washed them twice after that to get the shrinkage out before taking them to the tailor.

 

I also really liked the steep twill fabric and the rust and golden colors especially.

 

And yes, to my knowledge, the Rivet cut is not going away.

post #32733 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

I think it is illegal to buy people. 

:rimshot:

However, I bet they could hire one. 


Whoops, you know you spend too long at work when you don't see a problem with that phrasing until someone else points it out :).

 

But it could be cool to buy the stand alone business and then on top of that have the deals on Epaulet products. If they could get a hold of a highly skilled tailor it would make the product offerings unbeatable.

post #32734 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Garaad I believe? I don't think the rivet cut is going away, I don't remember seeing that

Oh no, the Rivet is here to stay - we're rolling out new fabrics for the Fall as we speak
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

+1 to this. Having bought a few casual jackets from Italy recently, the sleeve length is a big risk as they seem to all come with functional sleeve buttons, even the jackets that sell for only €100-200. If you're close to a normal size, you can take a gamble, but it still seems a little crazy given how simple -- and moreover, common -- an alteration it is without the working buttonholes. It makes much more sense to let people pay a tailor to make them functional if that's what they really want, and it would seem like it would make it easier to sell quite a few more jackets as well, so I really don't understand the practice beyond it being a gimmick that everyone thinks they want when they don't know any better.

It's just a trend thing over there. Young Italian bros want to have the buttons open for that bespoke look. That's more important than proper sleeve length to them.
post #32735 of 33576

If anyone's interested in the charcoal houndstooth Walts in a 36, message me. I got them in the Instagram sale in hopes that sizing up from my typical Rudy size would work, but they just don't quite work. Figured I'd give anyone here a shot before putting them up on the marketplace.

 

*** Sold. Wow, that was fast ***


Edited by Duke Silver - 8/26/14 at 12:01pm
post #32736 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Oh no, the Rivet is here to stay - we're rolling out new fabrics for the Fall as we speak
It's just a trend thing over there. Young Italian bros want to have the buttons open for that bespoke look. That's more important than proper sleeve length to them.

Rolling out this week??

And is that awesome speckle chambray shirt dropping this week too?

post #32737 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

It's just a trend thing over there. Young Italian bros want to have the buttons open for that bespoke look. That's more important than proper sleeve length to them.

Reminds me of this recent comment from NMWA, "Working buttonholes worn open: Like contrasting threads, working buttonholes can be put on almost any ready-to-wear jacket. They also aren't put on every bespoke jacket. The Duke of Windsor himself did not have working buttonholes on his jacket sleeves. But if you do have them, keep them closed. Open cuff buttons are like wearing a T-shirt that says, “Ask me about my custom-made jacket!”
post #32738 of 33576
@Epaulet

Any updates on the 18 oz denim?
post #32739 of 33576

Hey Mike, I'm really waiting on a PM there :embar:

post #32740 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcw View Post

Reminds me of this recent comment from NMWA, "Working buttonholes worn open: Like contrasting threads, working buttonholes can be put on almost any ready-to-wear jacket. They also aren't put on every bespoke jacket. The Duke of Windsor himself did not have working buttonholes on his jacket sleeves. But if you do have them, keep them closed. Open cuff buttons are like wearing a T-shirt that says, “Ask me about my custom-made jacket!”

I get the gist of the comment, but I open mine for function when wearing French cuff and my suit jacket sleeve is on the slimmer side. They can serve a purpose even when not performing surgery.
post #32741 of 33576
Right, like what if you have to deliver a calf and you don't want to take your jacket off? We've all been there.
post #32742 of 33576
"the stain pattern really brought new life to the garment"

i feel a DIY Thread post comin' on...
post #32743 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Right, like what if you have to deliver a calf and you don't want to take your jacket off? We've all been there.

:rotflmao:

post #32744 of 33576

How's the weight on the Sammy, Frank?  More fall/winter or suitable for warmer days, too?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Samuelsohn and Walts. Sorry there's no detail of the Sammy. It is the flecked tweed.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #32745 of 33576
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post

Rolling out this week??
And is that awesome speckle chambray shirt dropping this week too?

Yes sir to both!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@Epaulet

Any updates on the 18 oz denim?

Going through the factory as we speak - along with the distressed Cone selvedge
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Hey Mike, I'm really waiting on a PM there shog%5B1%5D.gif

Got you back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

I get the gist of the comment, but I open mine for function when wearing French cuff and my suit jacket sleeve is on the slimmer side. They can serve a purpose even when not performing surgery.

Haha, I like to wear the last button open for no reason at all - I just think it looks cool. With the right cuff and the right watch, it adds an extra bit of... nod[1].gif

I like working cuffs, and I generally suggest to to anyone ordering MTO jackets or suits who is pretty confident in their sleeve length. I just recognize the utility of keeping them non-functional on OTR pieces.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread