or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 2179

post #32671 of 37449
Please tell me some of the new shirts are coming in XXL. Oh and are those XXL epla oxfords in yet?
post #32672 of 37449
I took a pair of coffee twill Rudy trousers and the POW suit that was recently marked down to an insane price in to my tailor at lunch and he gave his usual comments he makes when I bring in stuff from Epaulet about how nice of a quality they appear to be. He doesn't seem to make the same comments when I bring in most of my other stuff. I'll take that as a nod to the awesome Epaulet quality.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Speaking of the Rudy trousers... I sure hope we get to see more options for them soon.
post #32673 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Speckled chambray sighting on Instagram. Looking mighty fine.
I was just thinking about getting a new chambray shirt. I like the change in the collar stance as well.
post #32674 of 37449

Hello guys, a question from someone who doesn't have as much Epaulet items as he'd like to have. I am a bit concerned with sizing of my Rivet Chinos in size 33 - it would be great to have another pair to compare them, but these are my only Rivets*... so perhaps you could help me out. I do have Walts in size 33 also, and my Rivets size 33 fit a tad looser at the waist. FWIW, I took photos of front waistband with tape measure along it: http://oi60.tinypic.com/20rn1n5.jpg and http://oi62.tinypic.com/am313p.jpg (I've used external image upload to avoid cluttering the thread with aesthetically devoid photos). The pants seem to be almost 87 cm, which is around 34.25 in. It's tough to show it, and obviously there are sooo many factors involved during measurement, but I did not overstretch the waistband and the Rivets seem just a tad wider than my Walts; not smaller, that's for sure. My main concern is whether I should go with size 32 next time – they are pretty loose (much space between waistband and my waist all around) and I can take them off easily without unbuttoning, which I don't know whether is the goal. I definitely could go down one size (not so sure about the 33 Walts). I am wondering, is it that my Rivets are somewhat wider than size 33 usually is? Maybe it is so to account for shrinkage during the first wash?

 

I know it's very difficult to provide reliable advice based on photos only, but still wanted to try my luck. A question to all you Rivet 33 owners out there - do some of your Rivet Chinos measure the same as mine?

 

* - OK, I do have one more pair of Rivets, but they are made from Cone Mills denim and have stretched so much that now they are even wider than those Rust ones :-). But IIRC they were tighter initially.

post #32675 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakawaka View Post
 

Hello guys, a question from someone who doesn't have as much Epaulet items as he'd like to have. I am a bit concerned with sizing of my Rivet Chinos in size 33 - it would be great to have another pair to compare them, but these are my only Rivets*... so perhaps you could help me out. I do have Walts in size 33 also, and my Rivets size 33 fit a tad looser at the waist. FWIW, I took photos of front waistband with tape measure along it: http://oi60.tinypic.com/20rn1n5.jpg and http://oi62.tinypic.com/am313p.jpg (I've used external image upload to avoid cluttering the thread with aesthetically devoid photos). The pants seem to be almost 87 cm, which is around 34.25 in. It's tough to show it, and obviously there are sooo many factors involved during measurement, but I did not overstretch the waistband and the Rivets seem just a tad wider than my Walts; not smaller, that's for sure. My main concern is whether I should go with size 32 next time – they are pretty loose (much space between waistband and my waist all around) and I can take them off easily without unbuttoning, which I don't know whether is the goal. I definitely could go down one size (not so sure about the 33 Walts). I am wondering, is it that my Rivets are somewhat wider than size 33 usually is? Maybe it is so to account for shrinkage during the first wash?

 

I know it's very difficult to provide reliable advice based on photos only, but still wanted to try my luck. A question to all you Rivet 33 owners out there - do some of your Rivet Chinos measure the same as mine?

 

* - OK, I do have one more pair of Rivets, but they are made from Cone Mills denim and have stretched so much that now they are even wider than those Rust ones :-). But IIRC they were tighter initially.

I would wash them.

Then if too loose, have them taken in by a competent tailor. They are made to be taken in or let out easily.

That being said, you may be able to go with a 32, but I would definitely wash first before making that decision.

post #32676 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by section31 View Post

I was just thinking about getting a new chambray shirt. I like the change in the collar stance as well.

Cant wait to see this drop.
post #32677 of 37449

@epaulet is freaking crushing jackets right now. This has a ton of potential 

 

http://instagram.com/p/sAZn0Wxn9c/?modal=true

post #32678 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

@epaulet is freaking crushing jackets right now. This has a ton of potential 

http://instagram.com/p/sAZn0Wxn9c/?modal=true

And you aren't kidding. That looks very very promising. And it has my favorite feature: side pockets so I can slouch around.
post #32679 of 37449

That chambray looks good. Although I have the baby blue flecked FF shirt, so it would probably be overkill (definitely not the thread to be saying this in :D

post #32680 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

Navy Doyle and Coffee G&L MTO Walt's

 

 

 

 

Non-EP (Click to show)
Uniqlo Polo
Alden Cigar Cap Boots
 

 

Very nice! Can you post more photos of the Coffee twill? Looks like a color I need...

post #32681 of 37449
Hey guys!

Sorry for the extended radio silence from my side - I've been in Vegas/LA on a one week binge of meetings and production. It's been really great, and we've locked down all sorts of new items and concepts. I've also managed to eat like a complete glutton while slowly counting the $12 I won at Vegas video blackjack.

We'll be back to our usual programming next week! In the meantime, here's from my side:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPaul View Post

Please tell me some of the new shirts are coming in XXL. Oh and are those XXL epla oxfords in yet?

Yes sir, we'll have XXL's in all new EPLA shirts. I'll have all the colors ready to present on Wed. As shown on Instagram, the speckle chambray is bonkers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

I took a pair of coffee twill Rudy trousers and the POW suit that was recently marked down to an insane price in to my tailor at lunch and he gave his usual comments he makes when I bring in stuff from Epaulet about how nice of a quality they appear to be. He doesn't seem to make the same comments when I bring in most of my other stuff. I'll take that as a nod to the awesome Epaulet quality.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Speaking of the Rudy trousers... I sure hope we get to see more options for them soon.

Excellent - glad that you're so pleased with everything. Rudy/Walt/Driggs MTO swatches will be out next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by section31 View Post

I was just thinking about getting a new chambray shirt. I like the change in the collar stance as well.

Yes the new EPLA shirts have a slightly bigger collar and a single edge stitch. Small tweak from the first batch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

@epaulet is freaking crushing jackets right now. This has a ton of potential 

http://instagram.com/p/sAZn0Wxn9c/?modal=true

Thank you! Can't wait for this one. We sampled it in duck canvas, but will probably go to production with something heavier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I'd also say to wear the Doyle a bit before considering tailoring. I think the body shape is part of the look, but I think it will also settle in a little after the fabric breaks in and settles to your body shape.

Agreed - the Doyle is intended to fit straight down, so it's not sculpted like a sportcoat.

That said, it's pre-washed so don't stress about shrinkage. And taking the body in should be no problem for a tailor. He'd want to do it at the sides or rear seam, rather than use darts.
post #32682 of 37449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Thank you! Can't wait for this one. We sampled it in duck canvas, but will probably go to production with something heavier.

 

Love that it's called the Degraw. The neighborhood street theme is great. I hope you name the most badass jacket you ever make the Kane.

post #32683 of 37449
Hi Mike,

Will the ring-ring wilshire be restocked?

I didn't understand their awesomeness until handling a pair in store! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I really like how their dark, subtle variation complements the 'regular' 14oz kaihara denim.
post #32684 of 37449
X-post from 'No Blues' Friday Challenge…

Not great pics of the trousers, but they are Epaulet Mid-Gray Merino Side-tab Walts…



From Thursday night celebrating my 40th in Vegas!
Fotos courtesy of my lovely wife!

full color: it's yellow! (Click to show)




SF Family:
Jacket: Howard Yount Pale Yellow
Trousers: Epaulet Mid-Grey Merino
Shirt: Proper Cloth - White Royal Oxford
Tie: Sam Hober - B/W Shepherds Check
PS: Kent Wang - White Linen
Links: Kent Wang - Oval MOP
Socks: Howard Yount Grey Linen
Shoes: Alden 907

a piece of the action (Click to show)
close-up (Click to show)
post #32685 of 37449
Looking great and looks like a great time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread