or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 214

post #3196 of 57860
^Exchange them. I'm a true 29 and the 29s were a little big on me in the waist and thigh. 28s fit like a dream. They're hang drying at my moms right now so I can get em tailored tomorrow morning
post #3197 of 57860
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhatom View Post
mike,

are your chunky light blue oxfords going to go on the site soon?

Oh man, yes.. I dropped the ball on those. Going online this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post
for those of you who own the new rivet chinos when you washed and dryed them did any of the measurements shrink at all? i'm asking because the my true waist is a little over 28 but i didn't want super skinny fit on the lower half i mean all my denim the hems are 7.25 smallest.

i bought the size 29 and i was wondering if the waist would shrink any at all? the rest of the fit is good though. i could probably have handled size 28's easily if i had too. wondering if i should keep these or exchange for 28's?

No, there's not really any shrinkage. But no worries, we can easily switch those out for a 28.
post #3198 of 57860
yea i just e-mailed since it says i need authorization but hoping to have them mailed back for exchange for 28's on monday. i looked at olive drab rivet chinos its too bad the size 28's have the 29's waist measurements because i was hoping to buy those next.

anyhow any chance for restock on the gunmetal rivet chinos?
post #3199 of 57860
Hey guys, If you didn't already see these in our e-mail newsletter, then allow me to present our Fall '10 lineup of Moleskin & Wide Wale Cord Trousers! Both are done with in gorgeous 100% cotton from the UK and are fully machine washable (but hang-dry only please). They're only done in the Walt fit - but since the thicker fabric makes up a bit larger - they'll work for most Rudy customers too. Moleskin was our best-selling Fall trouser last year. It's a great material for the Fall/Winter, and I'm pretty sure that these will be the most comfortable cotton trouser that you've ever worn in your life. Seriously. Three colors to choose from: Walt Tan Moleskin: $165 Walt Olive Moleskin: $165 Walt Navy Moleskin: $165 Wide Wale Cords are a new thing for us. Thicker, more luxurious, and a bit more formal then the usual corduroy pant, these things add a pretty heavy dose of old-school style. With a thick cardigan or tweed sportcoat, they're especially dope. Wide Wale Cord Wheat: $165 Wide Wale Cord Chocolate: $165
post #3200 of 57860
Just grabbed the charcoal flannel.
post #3201 of 57860
post #3202 of 57860
Were the Epaulet / Staple collab trousers a one-night only deal or will they ever be available online?
post #3203 of 57860
Mike, in my experience your opinions are always spot-on. Maybe you can help me out with something.

I lucked out and picked up one of the BBBF suits at Housing Works this weekend before they got gobbled up. I'm a little at a loss as to what to do next. I know you recommend Stanton Tailors for alterations-- do you think I'd have good luck bringing my stuff there to have sleeves adjusted, hems cut, buttonholes made, maybe taken in a nip at the chest?

I ask largely because I'd like to have a place that I know and trust when I take Epaulet suit separates (aka "Christmas gift for myself") to get made just-right, and at the moment when I need work done I explain what I want very carefully to the nice old lady around the corner from my apartment and cross my fingers.
post #3204 of 57860
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post
Just grabbed the charcoal flannel.

Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Oh, I know - they're the Whiskey Longwings. He got them somewhere else though - I know that we were out of his size when he was cruising for them.

I ended up shooting a similar pic with our new Natural Chromexcel ones:



Quote:
Originally Posted by acularw View Post
Were the Epaulet / Staple collab trousers a one-night only deal or will they ever be available online?

Oh yes, we'll have them both available tomorrow afternoon. We've got good stock in all sizes, and I'll post everything up here once it's live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarsmydestination View Post
Mike, in my experience your opinions are always spot-on. Maybe you can help me out with something.

I lucked out and picked up one of the BBBF suits at Housing Works this weekend before they got gobbled up. I'm a little at a loss as to what to do next. I know you recommend Stanton Tailors for alterations-- do you think I'd have good luck bringing my stuff there to have sleeves adjusted, hems cut, buttonholes made, maybe taken in a nip at the chest?

I ask largely because I'd like to have a place that I know and trust when I take Epaulet suit separates (aka "Christmas gift for myself") to get made just-right, and at the moment when I need work done I explain what I want very carefully to the nice old lady around the corner from my apartment and cross my fingers.

Wow, that's a great find!

I've had jackets resized at Stanton, and they did a phenomenal job. I always recommend them for anything more complicated than a trouser hem or bringing up a sleeve. I'm confident that they'll do a good job on any Epaulet suit alterations that you might need.

As long as the BBBF suit pretty much fits you, they should be able to fix it right up. I believe that Southwick makes those - so it will have proper construction and decent seam allowances. I would definitely recommend taking it there. Let me know how it turns out!
post #3205 of 57860
Sent you a PM, can you please respond so I know how to proceed Epaulet.
post #3206 of 57860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
Got a little preview pic. This is me wearing our nearly-production "Desmond" sportcoat with our in-production Rudy trouser. This suit sample was made up in black virgin wool. Paired with an Epaulet tie and Pink/Blue Tattersall French Cuff.


See full size


So I'm wondering if there's any update on this "little" project; I'm guessing this was pushed back a bit due to how busy it sounds like you guys have been. Will all the jackets be this 3-button model? I like the UK influence I'm seeing with this model at least.

And I know you were kicking around a couple different fabric ideas. Ever settle on what they're gonna be?

Also, I think, IIRC, you said these would match up to the shirts. But I have to ask if the sizing will go down far enough for there to be a match to your XS shirts.

Yeah I know... a lotta questions.
post #3207 of 57860
Would you guys be having an online sale this coming holiday season?
post #3208 of 57860
Hi I have a couple questions.
I ordered the black watch corduroy shirt in a size medium. I am usually a size small in almost all brands but I was informed to go a size up. Was this a correct assumption?
Also If I am a size 9 in every shoe I wear will an 8.5d be a good shoe size for the alden indy 403?
Also I am visiting New York during NYE and will be in town from the 30 - 3rd. Are you gonna be open on the 30th and Jan 2nd?

Thanks.
post #3209 of 57860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingBot View Post
Hi I have a couple questions. I ordered the black watch corduroy shirt in a size medium. I am usually a size small in almost all brands but I was informed to go a size up. Was this a correct assumption? Also If I am a size 9 in every shoe I wear will an 8.5d be a good shoe size for the alden indy 403? Also I am visiting New York during NYE and will be in town from the 30 - 3rd. Are you gonna be open on the 30th and Jan 2nd? Thanks.
I can't answer any of your questions besides sizing. What brands do you wear a small in? I can say that if you are used to wearing most American brands like J.Crew (non-slim), Gap, anything bought at most department stores (except Barney's) etc., you should go a size up. (This is because most brands in the USA run large, unless they are high end or tailored/slim fit) But - if you are used to wearing brands like Gitman Vintage, Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, etc., etc., buy true to size. (with the exception of BoO) I wear a Gitman Vintage small and Epaulet Small. I wear an X-Small J.Crew normal fit and a small J.Crew slim fit, I wear a medium BoO, small Wings + Horns. Epaulet does fit slim, and is maybe slightly slimmer than Gitman Vintage but not by much. Do not machine dry Epaulet shirts to be on the safe side. If you are a size small in most brands you probably are a size small Epaulet, unless you are not used to wearing tailored shirts.
post #3210 of 57860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingBot View Post
Hi I have a couple questions.
I ordered the black watch corduroy shirt in a size medium. I am usually a size small in almost all brands but I was informed to go a size up. Was this a correct assumption?
Also If I am a size 9 in every shoe I wear will an 8.5d be a good shoe size for the alden indy 403?
Also I am visiting New York during NYE and will be in town from the 30 - 3rd. Are you gonna be open on the 30th and Jan 2nd?

Thanks.

i think size small would have been better for you. its ok since mike and adele will promptly exchange it if it doesnt work.

just take your best fitting shirt and measure it. compare those measurements to what is listed on the site. that will let you know.

as for shoes, when you say all of your shoes are 9, is that sneakers or dress shoes? cuz i wear a 9 in dress shoes and a 9.5/10 in sneakers depending on brand. but you want to go down a half size from dress shoe size. so the 8.5 in barrie last of the indy would work for you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread