Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 2035post #30511 of 335786/12/14 at 10:58am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #30512 of 335786/12/14 at 11:21ampost #30513 of 335786/12/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Got my first Carminas through during the markdowns as well and they arrived yesterday. They are much more sleek than my typical Barrie and Van lasted Alden (and any Tricker's that I own) and I love them - much more than I thought I would. This could become quite the slippery slope.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! How do you find the sizing of those Carmina split toes compared to your Barrie lasted shoes? Did you size it per Epaulet's recommendation (UK size = 0.5 down from Barrie size)?post #30514 of 335786/12/14 at 11:56amQuote:
I did follow Epaulet's advice. I went with a UK7/US8 and my typical Barrie lasted Alden is a 7.5. These fit great.post #30515 of 335786/12/14 at 2:16pmpost #30516 of 335786/12/14 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
I saw that, but two observations:
a) the medallion is way too large; it looks golf ball
B) the antique cognac looks much darker than the same shade looks in product photos over at No Man Walks Alone. I can't wrap my head around what it will look like in person.
Plus, I think I'd need a size 41.5 (US8D).
Well - just picked up the last pair. The pics on NMWA sold me. Lets hope they fit :-Ppost #30517 of 335786/12/14 at 3:33pm
I do have wider feet and generally prefer an E width. These are snug but not uncomfortably so. The normal width on these isn't as narrow as something like Alden's Leydon last which was unwearable in D for me.post #30518 of 335786/12/14 at 3:37pmpost #30519 of 335786/12/14 at 4:15pmpost #30520 of 335786/12/14 at 4:18pmpost #30521 of 335786/12/14 at 5:20pmpost #30522 of 335786/12/14 at 7:27pmpost #30523 of 335786/13/14 at 6:55ampost #30524 of 335786/13/14 at 7:33amQuote:
The answer is yes.
There is no wrong answer.
I prefer the 1911 for myself, but the Doyle is fantastic as well.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1687 Active Users (347 Members and 1340 Guests)
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 57 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › Cigars 11 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 15 minutes ago
- › J.LINDEBERG SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN - 100% ALPACA - BLK/GRY 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)