Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 10:33 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 2035post #30511 of 508796/12/14 at 10:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30512 of 508796/12/14 at 11:21ampost #30513 of 508796/12/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Got my first Carminas through during the markdowns as well and they arrived yesterday. They are much more sleek than my typical Barrie and Van lasted Alden (and any Tricker's that I own) and I love them - much more than I thought I would. This could become quite the slippery slope.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! How do you find the sizing of those Carmina split toes compared to your Barrie lasted shoes? Did you size it per Epaulet's recommendation (UK size = 0.5 down from Barrie size)?post #30514 of 508796/12/14 at 11:56amQuote:
I did follow Epaulet's advice. I went with a UK7/US8 and my typical Barrie lasted Alden is a 7.5. These fit great.post #30515 of 508796/12/14 at 2:16pmpost #30516 of 508796/12/14 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
I saw that, but two observations:
a) the medallion is way too large; it looks golf ball
B) the antique cognac looks much darker than the same shade looks in product photos over at No Man Walks Alone. I can't wrap my head around what it will look like in person.
Plus, I think I'd need a size 41.5 (US8D).
Well - just picked up the last pair. The pics on NMWA sold me. Lets hope they fit :-Ppost #30517 of 508796/12/14 at 3:33pm
I do have wider feet and generally prefer an E width. These are snug but not uncomfortably so. The normal width on these isn't as narrow as something like Alden's Leydon last which was unwearable in D for me.post #30518 of 508796/12/14 at 3:37pmpost #30519 of 508796/12/14 at 4:15pmpost #30520 of 508796/12/14 at 4:18pmpost #30521 of 508796/12/14 at 5:20pmpost #30522 of 508796/12/14 at 7:27pmpost #30523 of 508796/13/14 at 6:55ampost #30524 of 508796/13/14 at 7:33amQuote:
The answer is yes.
There is no wrong answer.
I prefer the 1911 for myself, but the Doyle is fantastic as well.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1806 Active Users (480 Members and 1326 Guests)
- › Loafers with a suit? 11 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 39 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...