Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 12:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 2035post #30511 of 444166/12/14 at 10:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30512 of 444166/12/14 at 11:21ampost #30513 of 444166/12/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Got my first Carminas through during the markdowns as well and they arrived yesterday. They are much more sleek than my typical Barrie and Van lasted Alden (and any Tricker's that I own) and I love them - much more than I thought I would. This could become quite the slippery slope.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! How do you find the sizing of those Carmina split toes compared to your Barrie lasted shoes? Did you size it per Epaulet's recommendation (UK size = 0.5 down from Barrie size)?post #30514 of 444166/12/14 at 11:56amQuote:
I did follow Epaulet's advice. I went with a UK7/US8 and my typical Barrie lasted Alden is a 7.5. These fit great.post #30515 of 444166/12/14 at 2:16pmpost #30516 of 444166/12/14 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
I saw that, but two observations:
a) the medallion is way too large; it looks golf ball
B) the antique cognac looks much darker than the same shade looks in product photos over at No Man Walks Alone. I can't wrap my head around what it will look like in person.
Plus, I think I'd need a size 41.5 (US8D).
Well - just picked up the last pair. The pics on NMWA sold me. Lets hope they fit :-Ppost #30517 of 444166/12/14 at 3:33pm
I do have wider feet and generally prefer an E width. These are snug but not uncomfortably so. The normal width on these isn't as narrow as something like Alden's Leydon last which was unwearable in D for me.post #30518 of 444166/12/14 at 3:37pmpost #30519 of 444166/12/14 at 4:15pmpost #30520 of 444166/12/14 at 4:18pmpost #30521 of 444166/12/14 at 5:20pmpost #30522 of 444166/12/14 at 7:27pmpost #30523 of 444166/13/14 at 6:55ampost #30524 of 444166/13/14 at 7:33amQuote:
The answer is yes.
There is no wrong answer.
I prefer the 1911 for myself, but the Doyle is fantastic as well.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1466 Active Users (367 Members and 1099 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 23 seconds ago
- › The Grad Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Alden 1494 Sand Suede Sz. 8.5E - READ 51 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...