^ what do you do about...like...dress shoes
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1893post #28381 of 432933/20/14 at 12:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28382 of 432933/20/14 at 12:47pmpost #28383 of 432933/20/14 at 12:54pmpost #28384 of 432933/20/14 at 12:56pmpost #28385 of 432933/20/14 at 1:56pm
Just live with it =\
not as bad as the ones I thought you were talking about so I'll just leave it at this:Quote:
Doesn't that just turn into a nasty paste?post #28386 of 432933/20/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
No it won't. The powder is supposed to absorb the moisture and odor. Well, it never turned into a paste for me but I guess it depends how much sweat you have....post #28387 of 432933/20/14 at 2:47pmpost #28388 of 432933/20/14 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
The new Carmina chukkas have a little bit of a Wallabee vibe. Ghostface approves.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Haha, we're huge Ghostface (aka the Wallabee Champ) fans here.
I feel that around 10% of our inter-company skype chats is dedicated to Wu-Tang quotes.Quote:
Just one more for the season, which should be here soon. It's a wool-blend in a soft plaid.Quote:
Yup, it's in work now. Hopefully 2-3 more weeks on that.Quote:
Hmm, I'll have to see what we'll have for Fall/Winter this year. Agreed though, I love that cloth too.Quote:
Those came out SO boss! I'd love to see more photos of them.Quote:
Absolutely, we're going to carry 7 and 7.5 in all three colors. Only 1's and 2's per size, but we'll definitely have them.Quote:
Good call! We'll definitely do something for our anniversary.Quote:Originally Posted by Pelotonia
I would include the two holes Lanvin sneakers have on the inner side of the shoes. It really helps ventilate the damp in the sneakers, while the sport trainers are great, my feet get wet after some 10-5 min cycling to the station or while running between changing trains.
Also, would prefer a single color or very close toned shoes. Anything in white on a shoe is just to hard to maintain for me.
First off, huge thanks to everyone for all of the feedback!
I thought about this, but decided against it ultimately. Our Sport Trainers don't have grommets, and most of the higher-end sneakers on the market do not. Even Lanvin only appears to use them on some of their styles. I think that it's nice, but not really necessary when you have a full-grain quality leather which is going to breathe. This comes more into play when you have a hard-finish corrected grain or a patent leather. For me, the added comfort in the heat isn't worth (1) getting a ton of water on your feet if it rains and (2) allowing freezing cold air in during the late Fall/Winter. But I know that everyone will have different preferences on this.
However, I see your point, so we may put a small trio of perforations on the instep. That won't interrupt the clean lines of the sneaker and will allow some air through them. We're going to finalize the shape.post #28389 of 432933/20/14 at 4:34pmpost #28390 of 432933/20/14 at 4:43pmpost #28391 of 432933/20/14 at 4:43pmFirst big spring drop looks fantastic.
I handled the fabric on that Sammy windowpane SC at a trunk show of theirs about a month ago. The hand on the fabric lives up to the hype of the photo. Assuming it was the same stuff, it has a nice, refined look to it that separates it from all the linens and hopsacks we all may already own. Worth the price, I'd say.post #28392 of 432933/20/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
I throw mine in a drawer in case I need to replace one someday.post #28393 of 432933/20/14 at 5:15pmQuote:
Actually, the extra belt loop is for putting on the center of the rear seam - if you prefer that over having two loops straddling the seam.
I'm not really sure if anyone actually does this. But it's a thing with trouser factories. Walt trousers come with the extra belt loop as well. kwanon's suggestion is a good one. It can't hurt to have a backup in case one of them gets ripped off.Quote:
Not at the moment. I'm looking into doing a camp moc and a casual loafer in Europe as part of our EPLA shoe line. It will depend on the price, but if we can bring in a really high quality items for around $200 to $250, then I think that can prove to be a great value.
Fairfax is in sampling now, hopefully I'll have something to show in a few weeks. New Wilshire delivery is around 7 days out. We've got a few rad new denimz...
1) 12oz Lightweight Kuroki indigo selvedge (good for Spring/Summer)
2) Kaihara warp and weft dyed solid line selvedge (comes up as more of a solid navy color with a strong white selvedge contrast line)
3) A VERY limited run of Galey and Lord Khaki Military Twill with red line selvedge (we'll have about 20-24 units to offer)
4) 36 unit restock of Kaihara Grey 14oz SelvedgeQuote:Originally Posted by FLW
First big spring drop looks fantastic.
I handled the fabric on that Sammy windowpane SC at a trunk show of theirs about a month ago. The hand on the fabric lives up to the hype of the photo. Assuming it was the same stuff, it has a nice, refined look to it that separates it from all the linens and hopsacks we all may already own. Worth the price, I'd say.
That fabric knocked us out when we saw it. It's unreal.
I can tell you guys that our tailored clothing will take three forms in 2014:
Opening Price: EPLA Doyle Jackets and Sportcoats (coming out next month) in washed canvas, twill, and washable wool. $175 - $275. More on the casual side, but we'll make some varieties which can skew more biz-caz depending on your industry.
Mid Range: Southwick for Epaulet: offering great value in off the rack, MTO, and Factory Finds. $500 - $800. The Walt pattern has officially landed at Southwick which means two awesome things. One: a large range of full 2-piece and 3-piece MTO suiting. Two: trouser factory finds!
Top Range: Luigi Bianchi Mantova & Samuelsohn for Epaulet. $800 - $1200. We're taking no prisoners with this and using top-end fabric. Lots of Loro Piana goods. Outside of our in-house fits which we think are very good, both brands offer an excellent value. Both windowpanes that we launched today are full-line Loro Piana goods, and they are really psychotically nice. I don't think that it's possible to find a fully canvassed jacket (Sam) or a fully unstructured piece (LBM) in this level of fabric for this price. That's my goal with our top range - to offer something really luxurious and bring some new alternatives to a very crowded market. Stock is going to be limited here, and we'll generally make about 6 - 10 units per fabric.post #28394 of 432933/20/14 at 5:23pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › GET your lOSt LOve BAcK In Bilaspur Chhattisgarh +91-9001354274 50 seconds ago
- › GET your lOSt LOve BAcK In Malerkotla +91-9001354274 55 seconds ago
- › GET your lOSt LOve BAcK In Kapurthala +91-9001354274 1 minute ago
- › GET your lOSt LOve BAcK In Bhuj Gujarat +91-9001354274 2 minutes ago
- › Wife बादशाह+91-9001354274 VAshIKARAn SpeCIAList In Malerkotla 2 minutes ago
- › GET your lOSt LOve BAcK In Patiala +91-9001354274 2 minutes ago
- › GET your lOSt LOve BAcK In Bhubaneswar Odisha +91-9001354274 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › GET your lOSt LOve BAcK In Bhopal Madhya Pradesh +91-9001354274 ... 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan