^ what do you do about...like...dress shoes
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1893post #28381 of 509913/20/14 at 12:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28382 of 509913/20/14 at 12:47pmpost #28383 of 509913/20/14 at 12:54pmpost #28384 of 509913/20/14 at 12:56pmpost #28385 of 509913/20/14 at 1:56pm
Just live with it =\
not as bad as the ones I thought you were talking about so I'll just leave it at this:Quote:
Doesn't that just turn into a nasty paste?post #28386 of 509913/20/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
No it won't. The powder is supposed to absorb the moisture and odor. Well, it never turned into a paste for me but I guess it depends how much sweat you have....post #28387 of 509913/20/14 at 2:47pmpost #28388 of 509913/20/14 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
The new Carmina chukkas have a little bit of a Wallabee vibe. Ghostface approves.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Haha, we're huge Ghostface (aka the Wallabee Champ) fans here.
I feel that around 10% of our inter-company skype chats is dedicated to Wu-Tang quotes.Quote:
Just one more for the season, which should be here soon. It's a wool-blend in a soft plaid.Quote:
Yup, it's in work now. Hopefully 2-3 more weeks on that.Quote:
Hmm, I'll have to see what we'll have for Fall/Winter this year. Agreed though, I love that cloth too.Quote:
Those came out SO boss! I'd love to see more photos of them.Quote:
Absolutely, we're going to carry 7 and 7.5 in all three colors. Only 1's and 2's per size, but we'll definitely have them.Quote:
Good call! We'll definitely do something for our anniversary.Quote:Originally Posted by Pelotonia
I would include the two holes Lanvin sneakers have on the inner side of the shoes. It really helps ventilate the damp in the sneakers, while the sport trainers are great, my feet get wet after some 10-5 min cycling to the station or while running between changing trains.
Also, would prefer a single color or very close toned shoes. Anything in white on a shoe is just to hard to maintain for me.
First off, huge thanks to everyone for all of the feedback!
I thought about this, but decided against it ultimately. Our Sport Trainers don't have grommets, and most of the higher-end sneakers on the market do not. Even Lanvin only appears to use them on some of their styles. I think that it's nice, but not really necessary when you have a full-grain quality leather which is going to breathe. This comes more into play when you have a hard-finish corrected grain or a patent leather. For me, the added comfort in the heat isn't worth (1) getting a ton of water on your feet if it rains and (2) allowing freezing cold air in during the late Fall/Winter. But I know that everyone will have different preferences on this.
However, I see your point, so we may put a small trio of perforations on the instep. That won't interrupt the clean lines of the sneaker and will allow some air through them. We're going to finalize the shape.post #28389 of 509913/20/14 at 4:34pmpost #28390 of 509913/20/14 at 4:43pmpost #28391 of 509913/20/14 at 4:43pmFirst big spring drop looks fantastic.
I handled the fabric on that Sammy windowpane SC at a trunk show of theirs about a month ago. The hand on the fabric lives up to the hype of the photo. Assuming it was the same stuff, it has a nice, refined look to it that separates it from all the linens and hopsacks we all may already own. Worth the price, I'd say.post #28392 of 509913/20/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
I throw mine in a drawer in case I need to replace one someday.post #28393 of 509913/20/14 at 5:15pmQuote:
Actually, the extra belt loop is for putting on the center of the rear seam - if you prefer that over having two loops straddling the seam.
I'm not really sure if anyone actually does this. But it's a thing with trouser factories. Walt trousers come with the extra belt loop as well. kwanon's suggestion is a good one. It can't hurt to have a backup in case one of them gets ripped off.Quote:
Not at the moment. I'm looking into doing a camp moc and a casual loafer in Europe as part of our EPLA shoe line. It will depend on the price, but if we can bring in a really high quality items for around $200 to $250, then I think that can prove to be a great value.
Fairfax is in sampling now, hopefully I'll have something to show in a few weeks. New Wilshire delivery is around 7 days out. We've got a few rad new denimz...
1) 12oz Lightweight Kuroki indigo selvedge (good for Spring/Summer)
2) Kaihara warp and weft dyed solid line selvedge (comes up as more of a solid navy color with a strong white selvedge contrast line)
3) A VERY limited run of Galey and Lord Khaki Military Twill with red line selvedge (we'll have about 20-24 units to offer)
4) 36 unit restock of Kaihara Grey 14oz SelvedgeQuote:Originally Posted by FLW
First big spring drop looks fantastic.
I handled the fabric on that Sammy windowpane SC at a trunk show of theirs about a month ago. The hand on the fabric lives up to the hype of the photo. Assuming it was the same stuff, it has a nice, refined look to it that separates it from all the linens and hopsacks we all may already own. Worth the price, I'd say.
That fabric knocked us out when we saw it. It's unreal.
I can tell you guys that our tailored clothing will take three forms in 2014:
Opening Price: EPLA Doyle Jackets and Sportcoats (coming out next month) in washed canvas, twill, and washable wool. $175 - $275. More on the casual side, but we'll make some varieties which can skew more biz-caz depending on your industry.
Mid Range: Southwick for Epaulet: offering great value in off the rack, MTO, and Factory Finds. $500 - $800. The Walt pattern has officially landed at Southwick which means two awesome things. One: a large range of full 2-piece and 3-piece MTO suiting. Two: trouser factory finds!
Top Range: Luigi Bianchi Mantova & Samuelsohn for Epaulet. $800 - $1200. We're taking no prisoners with this and using top-end fabric. Lots of Loro Piana goods. Outside of our in-house fits which we think are very good, both brands offer an excellent value. Both windowpanes that we launched today are full-line Loro Piana goods, and they are really psychotically nice. I don't think that it's possible to find a fully canvassed jacket (Sam) or a fully unstructured piece (LBM) in this level of fabric for this price. That's my goal with our top range - to offer something really luxurious and bring some new alternatives to a very crowded market. Stock is going to be limited here, and we'll generally make about 6 - 10 units per fabric.post #28394 of 509913/20/14 at 5:23pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 21 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 40 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 41 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?