Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 12:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1880post #28186 of 374223/14/14 at 3:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28187 of 374223/14/14 at 3:08pm
Moderately heavy. I'd say between a donegal tweed and a shetland tweed. Like all tweeds, they breathe nicely.
Seriously the softness on them is bizarre and wonderful. I almost want to take the cuff and crease off of them and wear them with sneakers this spring. In the meantime, they're great grey-toned trousers.post #28188 of 374223/14/14 at 4:00pmpost #28189 of 374223/14/14 at 5:24pmpost #28190 of 374223/14/14 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
Weird angle. Great pants and shoes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chessboard Tweed Walts (they're incredibly and unexpectedly soft -- almost like dress pajamas)
Carmina x EP GMTO Snuff Suede Chukkas
Great combo. This angle is kind of cracking me up too.Quote:
Excellent - glad to hear that you're so pleased with it! Thanks for picking it up.Quote:
Oh you can absolutely wear the Navy Doyle and indigo jeans. The color on the doyle is a lot lighter, and the texture and finish is totally different. Both of them are equally wearable that way IMO.Quote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
In general, denim on denim looks seem most succesful when it's:
-Serious biker look: raw/heavy all around, w/ boots, and when it's a look you can own, and not look like you're playing dress up (see Self Edge lookbook style pics on their site, for ex.)
-Tonally balanced: lighter/paler/chambray tones up top w/ darker/raw jeans or the opposite--really faded, lighter jeans, w/ a darker/raw shirt or jacket.
-Like the pics above, contrasting. White denim is still denim, but it's sort of apples to oranges. It's not a raw-on-raw issue. The darker trousers on gwhitehead work great, and I'm sure a similar look could be created w/ a navy pant, or even a pattern--Japanese camo Walts w/ the Ashbury would look tight!
Absolutely agree. This is a great breakdown of the ways to wear denim on denim.
I would say that the Asbury could be worn with really any bottom that's not too close in tone. Raylan Givens knows that:
When the denim looks nearly the same - but not identical - on top and bottom then I think it starts to get sloppy. Although there's something to be said for wearing the EXACT same denim on top and bottom. With the right attitude it can look very cool.
For an easier match, the Asbury works great with nearly every Rivet Chino or cotton trouser that we sell. A recent customer bought the Asbury and walked out with it and the Driggs in khaki. It looked boss!
It's also been a recent #menswear thing to use denim jackets as layering pieces. I like how these guys are always walking. Where the f*** are they all running off to?
You see this in Italy quite a bit. It's Italian guys doing their version of American style and then American guys imitating the Italian guys. I dig it, especially with textured and casual sportcoats. Sticking the Hand-distressed Asbury under one of those Fall 13 Harris Tweed jackets (purple or olive) would be dope.post #28191 of 374223/14/14 at 5:49pmpost #28192 of 374223/14/14 at 5:54pmpost #28193 of 374223/14/14 at 6:09pmpost #28194 of 374223/14/14 at 6:21pmpost #28195 of 374223/14/14 at 6:42pm
Excellent! Let us know what you think when it arrivesQuote:
Haha, I'm an FX junkie.
Actually, I feel that most guys with babies end up slavishly watching television series, so I've been re-watching the Shield with a passion. Most of the episodes are like 10 years old.
Well, it was a real trip when Curtis "Lem" Lemansky came into the SM the store last week:
Very nice guy. Since I've been watching so many of his exploits along with Vic Mackie and the rest of "Strike Team," I was probably more star struck than I should have been.post #28196 of 374223/14/14 at 7:21pmpost #28197 of 374223/14/14 at 7:22pm
Just finished placing my second order and having it consolidated and shipped to me all the way in Canada. Excellent customer service -- had to make a few long distance phone calls since email is always slower than direct phoning anywhere you go, so I didn't mind. Flat rate international shipping is awesome.
Ordered the navy Doyle, white pinpoint shirt, navy driggs trousers, and Carmina x Epaulet Ellison medium brown. I'm not sure how the Driggs and Doyle will pair but knowing they're the same material, I don't think I can pull wearing both on at the same time just like wearing denim both on top and bottom... What do you guys think?
Edited by SushiOfTheGods - 3/14/14 at 7:48pmpost #28198 of 374223/14/14 at 7:37pmpost #28199 of 374223/14/14 at 11:11pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 seconds ago
- › Inis Meain knitwear 37 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet x Carmina MTO Hatch-Grain Chukka Boots - 8.5UK - Soller Last 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Two horrible experiences with Mr. Porter 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...