Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 7/25/16 at 1:23am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1880post #28186 of 552013/14/14 at 3:01pmpost #28187 of 552013/14/14 at 3:08pm
Moderately heavy. I'd say between a donegal tweed and a shetland tweed. Like all tweeds, they breathe nicely.
Seriously the softness on them is bizarre and wonderful. I almost want to take the cuff and crease off of them and wear them with sneakers this spring. In the meantime, they're great grey-toned trousers.post #28188 of 552013/14/14 at 4:00pmpost #28189 of 552013/14/14 at 5:24pmpost #28190 of 552013/14/14 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
Weird angle. Great pants and shoes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chessboard Tweed Walts (they're incredibly and unexpectedly soft -- almost like dress pajamas)
Carmina x EP GMTO Snuff Suede Chukkas
Great combo. This angle is kind of cracking me up too.Quote:
Excellent - glad to hear that you're so pleased with it! Thanks for picking it up.Quote:
Oh you can absolutely wear the Navy Doyle and indigo jeans. The color on the doyle is a lot lighter, and the texture and finish is totally different. Both of them are equally wearable that way IMO.Quote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
In general, denim on denim looks seem most succesful when it's:
-Serious biker look: raw/heavy all around, w/ boots, and when it's a look you can own, and not look like you're playing dress up (see Self Edge lookbook style pics on their site, for ex.)
-Tonally balanced: lighter/paler/chambray tones up top w/ darker/raw jeans or the opposite--really faded, lighter jeans, w/ a darker/raw shirt or jacket.
-Like the pics above, contrasting. White denim is still denim, but it's sort of apples to oranges. It's not a raw-on-raw issue. The darker trousers on gwhitehead work great, and I'm sure a similar look could be created w/ a navy pant, or even a pattern--Japanese camo Walts w/ the Ashbury would look tight!
Absolutely agree. This is a great breakdown of the ways to wear denim on denim.
I would say that the Asbury could be worn with really any bottom that's not too close in tone. Raylan Givens knows that:
When the denim looks nearly the same - but not identical - on top and bottom then I think it starts to get sloppy. Although there's something to be said for wearing the EXACT same denim on top and bottom. With the right attitude it can look very cool.
For an easier match, the Asbury works great with nearly every Rivet Chino or cotton trouser that we sell. A recent customer bought the Asbury and walked out with it and the Driggs in khaki. It looked boss!
It's also been a recent #menswear thing to use denim jackets as layering pieces. I like how these guys are always walking. Where the f*** are they all running off to?
You see this in Italy quite a bit. It's Italian guys doing their version of American style and then American guys imitating the Italian guys. I dig it, especially with textured and casual sportcoats. Sticking the Hand-distressed Asbury under one of those Fall 13 Harris Tweed jackets (purple or olive) would be dope.post #28191 of 552013/14/14 at 5:49pmpost #28192 of 552013/14/14 at 5:54pmpost #28193 of 552013/14/14 at 6:09pmpost #28194 of 552013/14/14 at 6:21pmpost #28195 of 552013/14/14 at 6:42pm
Excellent! Let us know what you think when it arrivesQuote:
Haha, I'm an FX junkie.
Actually, I feel that most guys with babies end up slavishly watching television series, so I've been re-watching the Shield with a passion. Most of the episodes are like 10 years old.
Well, it was a real trip when Curtis "Lem" Lemansky came into the SM the store last week:
Very nice guy. Since I've been watching so many of his exploits along with Vic Mackie and the rest of "Strike Team," I was probably more star struck than I should have been.post #28196 of 552013/14/14 at 7:21pmpost #28197 of 552013/14/14 at 7:22pm
Just finished placing my second order and having it consolidated and shipped to me all the way in Canada. Excellent customer service -- had to make a few long distance phone calls since email is always slower than direct phoning anywhere you go, so I didn't mind. Flat rate international shipping is awesome.
Ordered the navy Doyle, white pinpoint shirt, navy driggs trousers, and Carmina x Epaulet Ellison medium brown. I'm not sure how the Driggs and Doyle will pair but knowing they're the same material, I don't think I can pull wearing both on at the same time just like wearing denim both on top and bottom... What do you guys think?
Edited by SushiOfTheGods - 3/14/14 at 7:48pmpost #28198 of 552013/14/14 at 7:37pmpost #28199 of 552013/14/14 at 11:11pmpost #28200 of 552013/15/14 at 4:42am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Engineered Garments Black/White Plaid Button Down - Small 1 minute ago
- › Singapore shopping 5 minutes ago
- › C&J X BB Tan Calf Double Monk 7 minutes ago
- › NWT Band New Canali Solid Charcoal Gray Suit 50R / 40R 7 minutes ago
- › BNIB Carmina Dark Brown Suede Loafer, 7.5 UK Rain 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Goodies UK 7.5E 7 minutes ago
- › NWT ETRO Cashmere Blazer M Made in Italy US 38 R 7 minutes ago
- › New Linjer Navy 13" laptop briefcase 7 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Collection Loafer and Meermin Cap Toe 7 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Base S Sport Coat - Silk/Cashmere - Size 40S - Stunning, Recent 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding