Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:48 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1880post #28186 of 510123/14/14 at 3:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28187 of 510123/14/14 at 3:08pm
Moderately heavy. I'd say between a donegal tweed and a shetland tweed. Like all tweeds, they breathe nicely.
Seriously the softness on them is bizarre and wonderful. I almost want to take the cuff and crease off of them and wear them with sneakers this spring. In the meantime, they're great grey-toned trousers.post #28188 of 510123/14/14 at 4:00pmpost #28189 of 510123/14/14 at 5:24pmpost #28190 of 510123/14/14 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
Weird angle. Great pants and shoes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chessboard Tweed Walts (they're incredibly and unexpectedly soft -- almost like dress pajamas)
Carmina x EP GMTO Snuff Suede Chukkas
Great combo. This angle is kind of cracking me up too.Quote:
Excellent - glad to hear that you're so pleased with it! Thanks for picking it up.Quote:
Oh you can absolutely wear the Navy Doyle and indigo jeans. The color on the doyle is a lot lighter, and the texture and finish is totally different. Both of them are equally wearable that way IMO.Quote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
In general, denim on denim looks seem most succesful when it's:
-Serious biker look: raw/heavy all around, w/ boots, and when it's a look you can own, and not look like you're playing dress up (see Self Edge lookbook style pics on their site, for ex.)
-Tonally balanced: lighter/paler/chambray tones up top w/ darker/raw jeans or the opposite--really faded, lighter jeans, w/ a darker/raw shirt or jacket.
-Like the pics above, contrasting. White denim is still denim, but it's sort of apples to oranges. It's not a raw-on-raw issue. The darker trousers on gwhitehead work great, and I'm sure a similar look could be created w/ a navy pant, or even a pattern--Japanese camo Walts w/ the Ashbury would look tight!
Absolutely agree. This is a great breakdown of the ways to wear denim on denim.
I would say that the Asbury could be worn with really any bottom that's not too close in tone. Raylan Givens knows that:
When the denim looks nearly the same - but not identical - on top and bottom then I think it starts to get sloppy. Although there's something to be said for wearing the EXACT same denim on top and bottom. With the right attitude it can look very cool.
For an easier match, the Asbury works great with nearly every Rivet Chino or cotton trouser that we sell. A recent customer bought the Asbury and walked out with it and the Driggs in khaki. It looked boss!
It's also been a recent #menswear thing to use denim jackets as layering pieces. I like how these guys are always walking. Where the f*** are they all running off to?
You see this in Italy quite a bit. It's Italian guys doing their version of American style and then American guys imitating the Italian guys. I dig it, especially with textured and casual sportcoats. Sticking the Hand-distressed Asbury under one of those Fall 13 Harris Tweed jackets (purple or olive) would be dope.post #28191 of 510123/14/14 at 5:49pmpost #28192 of 510123/14/14 at 5:54pmpost #28193 of 510123/14/14 at 6:09pmpost #28194 of 510123/14/14 at 6:21pmpost #28195 of 510123/14/14 at 6:42pm
Excellent! Let us know what you think when it arrivesQuote:
Haha, I'm an FX junkie.
Actually, I feel that most guys with babies end up slavishly watching television series, so I've been re-watching the Shield with a passion. Most of the episodes are like 10 years old.
Well, it was a real trip when Curtis "Lem" Lemansky came into the SM the store last week:
Very nice guy. Since I've been watching so many of his exploits along with Vic Mackie and the rest of "Strike Team," I was probably more star struck than I should have been.post #28196 of 510123/14/14 at 7:21pmpost #28197 of 510123/14/14 at 7:22pm
Just finished placing my second order and having it consolidated and shipped to me all the way in Canada. Excellent customer service -- had to make a few long distance phone calls since email is always slower than direct phoning anywhere you go, so I didn't mind. Flat rate international shipping is awesome.
Ordered the navy Doyle, white pinpoint shirt, navy driggs trousers, and Carmina x Epaulet Ellison medium brown. I'm not sure how the Driggs and Doyle will pair but knowing they're the same material, I don't think I can pull wearing both on at the same time just like wearing denim both on top and bottom... What do you guys think?
Edited by SushiOfTheGods - 3/14/14 at 7:48pmpost #28198 of 510123/14/14 at 7:37pmpost #28199 of 510123/14/14 at 11:11pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 46 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb 2007 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.