Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:32 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1880post #28186 of 453323/14/14 at 3:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28187 of 453323/14/14 at 3:08pm
Moderately heavy. I'd say between a donegal tweed and a shetland tweed. Like all tweeds, they breathe nicely.
Seriously the softness on them is bizarre and wonderful. I almost want to take the cuff and crease off of them and wear them with sneakers this spring. In the meantime, they're great grey-toned trousers.post #28188 of 453323/14/14 at 4:00pmpost #28189 of 453323/14/14 at 5:24pmpost #28190 of 453323/14/14 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
Weird angle. Great pants and shoes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chessboard Tweed Walts (they're incredibly and unexpectedly soft -- almost like dress pajamas)
Carmina x EP GMTO Snuff Suede Chukkas
Great combo. This angle is kind of cracking me up too.Quote:
Excellent - glad to hear that you're so pleased with it! Thanks for picking it up.Quote:
Oh you can absolutely wear the Navy Doyle and indigo jeans. The color on the doyle is a lot lighter, and the texture and finish is totally different. Both of them are equally wearable that way IMO.Quote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
In general, denim on denim looks seem most succesful when it's:
-Serious biker look: raw/heavy all around, w/ boots, and when it's a look you can own, and not look like you're playing dress up (see Self Edge lookbook style pics on their site, for ex.)
-Tonally balanced: lighter/paler/chambray tones up top w/ darker/raw jeans or the opposite--really faded, lighter jeans, w/ a darker/raw shirt or jacket.
-Like the pics above, contrasting. White denim is still denim, but it's sort of apples to oranges. It's not a raw-on-raw issue. The darker trousers on gwhitehead work great, and I'm sure a similar look could be created w/ a navy pant, or even a pattern--Japanese camo Walts w/ the Ashbury would look tight!
Absolutely agree. This is a great breakdown of the ways to wear denim on denim.
I would say that the Asbury could be worn with really any bottom that's not too close in tone. Raylan Givens knows that:
When the denim looks nearly the same - but not identical - on top and bottom then I think it starts to get sloppy. Although there's something to be said for wearing the EXACT same denim on top and bottom. With the right attitude it can look very cool.
For an easier match, the Asbury works great with nearly every Rivet Chino or cotton trouser that we sell. A recent customer bought the Asbury and walked out with it and the Driggs in khaki. It looked boss!
It's also been a recent #menswear thing to use denim jackets as layering pieces. I like how these guys are always walking. Where the f*** are they all running off to?
You see this in Italy quite a bit. It's Italian guys doing their version of American style and then American guys imitating the Italian guys. I dig it, especially with textured and casual sportcoats. Sticking the Hand-distressed Asbury under one of those Fall 13 Harris Tweed jackets (purple or olive) would be dope.post #28191 of 453323/14/14 at 5:49pmpost #28192 of 453323/14/14 at 5:54pmpost #28193 of 453323/14/14 at 6:09pmpost #28194 of 453323/14/14 at 6:21pmpost #28195 of 453323/14/14 at 6:42pm
Excellent! Let us know what you think when it arrivesQuote:
Haha, I'm an FX junkie.
Actually, I feel that most guys with babies end up slavishly watching television series, so I've been re-watching the Shield with a passion. Most of the episodes are like 10 years old.
Well, it was a real trip when Curtis "Lem" Lemansky came into the SM the store last week:
Very nice guy. Since I've been watching so many of his exploits along with Vic Mackie and the rest of "Strike Team," I was probably more star struck than I should have been.post #28196 of 453323/14/14 at 7:21pmpost #28197 of 453323/14/14 at 7:22pm
Just finished placing my second order and having it consolidated and shipped to me all the way in Canada. Excellent customer service -- had to make a few long distance phone calls since email is always slower than direct phoning anywhere you go, so I didn't mind. Flat rate international shipping is awesome.
Ordered the navy Doyle, white pinpoint shirt, navy driggs trousers, and Carmina x Epaulet Ellison medium brown. I'm not sure how the Driggs and Doyle will pair but knowing they're the same material, I don't think I can pull wearing both on at the same time just like wearing denim both on top and bottom... What do you guys think?
Edited by SushiOfTheGods - 3/14/14 at 7:48pmpost #28198 of 453323/14/14 at 7:37pmpost #28199 of 453323/14/14 at 11:11pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › CARPE DIEM 2001 cashmere labcoat 1 minute ago
- › recommend me some places to go to in nyc alone 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Teacher Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Paris restaurants 10 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...