or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1871

post #28051 of 36433
Mike, I would definitely be in for a waxed cotton Doyle run. Sounds sweet.
post #28052 of 36433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

The Rudy Fit jean is very interesting. I have a pair of LVC 501 (I wanna say they're '54 or '55) that fit a lot like the one pair of Rudy's I own. Most guys like their denim slim, but there is a sweet spot that the market is missing in terms of a nice looking, wider jean for guys who aren't toothpicks. I believe if anyone can bring a jean like this to the market...its EP.

Haha, my personal motivation is helping here too. I haven't had a decent fitting jean in years. I made a sample called the Bond about two years ago which was 90% there. We're going to tweak that and marry it with some details from the Wilshire for the ULTIMATE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Mike, I would definitely be in for a waxed cotton Doyle run. Sounds sweet.

Cool, I'll definitely look into that. It may be pretty involved, as you definitely need a sturdier machine and you probably need a cotton liner, but if we could pull it off for a good price then it may work. In my mind, I'd want to cap the retail at $250 for such an item.
post #28053 of 36433
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

So i have work I should be doing, but instead I'm here to see what the collective thinks about waxing a Doyle. I've got bunch of these Otter Wax bars from buying in bulk when refinishing a Filson jacket.

The notion has passed through my mind when there were duck Napolis on sale, and I've even thought about waxing a pair of Rivets. Never followed through.

Crazy idea?

Good news for Epaulet is that I am not going to do this to the blue version that's in the mail to me now. Would almost certainly entail buying a brown one to try it out on, though I have to say blue waxed canvas would be different... So maybe a second blue one...?

I like it! Go for it.

Another pic with the Doyle, though looks like I was walking around with my shirt collar smooshed down a bit. Oops. Sorry @applky, forgot the pipe. I'm digging the jacket. And it's nice to have something light that I can put my keys and phone in so they arent in my pockets.

post #28054 of 36433
I think I need an Olive Doyle...damn you Epaulet!! 😉
post #28055 of 36433
I was wondering about how waxing and the washed canvas would work together. I like the idea of getting a unwashed version from the next run to try this on.
post #28056 of 36433
Love the Doyle. I was wondering if we could just get this using the Orange dwr canvas? This keeps it light but adds protection (and a pop of color!)
post #28057 of 36433
Weather was warm enough for lightweight chinos today.
post #28058 of 36433
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


Mike, I received my British Khaki Driggs yesterday. The fabric is fabulous, but I'm not sure if the fit works for me. I was expecting about the same fit in the top block as the Walt, and thought the rise and leg opening might be potential issues. It turned out that I'm fine with the rise and leg opening, but the top block seems to be significantly wider than the Walt, to the point that the pants almost look like clown pants on me. On me, the Driggs looks very much like how it looked on Logan on the initial website pictures, except the hips look even wider. I tried measuring the thigh width and got 13" on my size 33, which is quite a bit more than the indicated measurement on the website (It could be that I measured wrong though, but I measured a size 33 Walt the same way and the Driggs is definitely wider).

I will deliberate some more on whether the Driggs fit works for me, but right now I'm leaning toward sending them back. It's a bit surprising since the Walt, RC, and Wilshire are all some of the best fitting pants I've ever worn. It's too bad because I love the fabric. I will definitely be down for a pair in that fabric if/when the fabric becomes available for the Walt or RC MTO in the future.

Had the same problem with my Driggs.  Not sure why they flare out so far at the top as opposed to the Walts?  Bummed I have to return them.  First world problems.

 

I did score a couple of really great shirts, though.

post #28059 of 36433

Maybe I missed this but are the Wilshires in the NY stores? I wanted to see the Grey in person and narrow down the fit if there's both a 29 and 30 in indigo to try on.

post #28060 of 36433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 
Anyway, outside of that rant - definitely try to swing by Santa Monica when you visit. If the Valley means the Valley that I'm thinking of, then it's a quick trip to get here. Or you can take a 45min flight from SF to LA. Hit the beach! Just not in June, it's usually cold and lousy here then.

 

Ha, I'm used to calling it the valley, but apparently it's not the only valley in the area. I'm talking Silicon Valley. I was thinking of using one of the weekends for a LA getaway. It would be awesome to be able to meet you guys there. In fact, it would be easier to do than arranging the flights so that I have enough time in NYC. So stoked.

post #28061 of 36433

New shirts are looking good (as is the Doyle  - you'll have to make something now to match though named Bodie for the UK-based Epaulet customers -  at least the ones of my generation....). Quick question though about the new shirts. You mentioned before a collar tweak - does that also apply to these shirts (and restocks) - or just for the new MTO fabrics?

 

Since I am posting I'll upload a picture of my FF fire-red cords (with the CXL Brixton boots) from last year. Not too happy about the cuff  - I gave them to my usual tailor and asked for a 2" cuff as usual, but when I got them back I had a bit of Spinal Tap Stonehenge moment ... Still look great mind you - and an excellent antidote to the dusty gray Beijing winter - but annoying as Mike arranged for these to be delivered extra long to ensure enough material for a good size cuff.

 

In totally unrelated news, counting myself lucky today as I flew back to Beijing at the end of last month on MH370 - the flight that almost certainly went down last night on the way from Kuala Lumpur. Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of anyone on that flight.

 

 

 

post #28062 of 36433
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupedd View Post

Maybe I missed this but are the Wilshires in the NY stores? I wanted to see the Grey in person and narrow down the fit if there's both a 29 and 30 in indigo to try on.

We don't have any grey in NYC, but I believe we have both sizes of the indigo in the Manhattan shop. Swing by!
post #28063 of 36433
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupedd View Post

Maybe I missed this but are the Wilshires in the NY stores? I wanted to see the Grey in person and narrow down the fit if there's both a 29 and 30 in indigo to try on.

We're so tight on Grey jean stock that I wasn't able to send any inventory to NYC. However we should have indigo there to try on, and both jeans really fit identically as they're the same denim. I have yet to have someone try on the grey jean and not buy it, so if you think you'd like it, then you probably will smile.gif. We'll restock all sizes in about 4-5 weeks. The White Kuroki is limited to what we have left on hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Ha, I'm used to calling it the valley, but apparently it's not the only valley in the area. I'm talking Silicon Valley. I was thinking of using one of the weekends for a LA getaway. It would be awesome to be able to meet you guys there. In fact, it would be easier to do than arranging the flights so that I have enough time in NYC. So stoked.

Oh great! Yeah, that's really easy, I know people who even take SF to LA day trips. Makes for a beautiful drive if you have a few days too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingman View Post

New shirts are looking good (as is the Doyle  - you'll have to make something now to match though named Bodie for the UK-based Epaulet customers -  at least the ones of my generation....). Quick question though about the new shirts. You mentioned before a collar tweak - does that also apply to these shirts (and restocks) - or just for the new MTO fabrics?

Since I am posting I'll upload a picture of my FF fire-red cords (with the CXL Brixton boots) from last year. Not too happy about the cuff  - I gave them to my usual tailor and asked for a 2" cuff as usual, but when I got them back I had a bit of Spinal Tap Stonehenge moment ... Still look great mind you - and an excellent antidote to the dusty gray Beijing winter - but annoying as Mike arranged for these to be delivered extra long to ensure enough material for a good size cuff.

In totally unrelated news, counting myself lucky today as I flew back to Beijing at the end of last month on MH370 - the flight that almost certainly went down last night on the way from Kuala Lumpur. Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of anyone on that flight.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Wow, the cords look great! That's a bummer about the cuff, but it still looks fantastic IMO.

The collar tweak is to make the sizing a half-inch smaller. That will apply to all MTO shirts and stock shirts that are released this season. But as the new collar fusible shinks less than the old, the ultimate post-wash difference will be more like a quarter of an inch. If you're happy with your current Epaulet collar sizing, then I expect that this will work for you just fine - I don't think that most guys will even notice the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by altmana View Post

Love the Doyle. I was wondering if we could just get this using the Orange dwr canvas? This keeps it light but adds protection (and a pop of color!)

That's a great call! I could certainly run the Doyle in that, although we couldn't enzyme wash it like the current piece. That process is really extensive, and I imagine that it would wear out the coating. But running an unwashed DWR piece is totally realistic.
post #28064 of 36433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

That's a great call! I could certainly run the Doyle in that, although we couldn't enzyme wash it like the current piece. That process is really extensive, and I imagine that it would wear out the coating. But running an unwashed DWR piece is totally realistic.
Glad you liked my suggestion! I completely understand that it would not be enzyme washed, and don't care. I just want the DWR coating since I live in the ever moist land known as Seattle!
post #28065 of 36433
Whiskey hunting in Connecticut today...

Wearing my Western Shirt back in BK.

IMG_0503_zpsead0e17d.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread