or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1864

post #27946 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

White Wilshires and Geelong cardigan:


These things are bright white.

I went with a 33 and while I do think I agree that they makeup a little slimmer than the indigo, I believe they will work nicely for me.


Hi Franck, that's a great fit! May I ask what is your size for Rivet and Walt?
post #27947 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksh View Post

Hi Franck, that's a great fit! May I ask what is your size for Rivet and Walt?

Thanks.

I wear a 34 in Walts and 35 in RIvets. I also went with a 34 in the Driggs and that seems as if it will work for me.

I've tried a few pairs of RIvets on in 34 and they felt too snug in the top block and the thighs, in fabrics and in a construction that isn't going to give the way the Wilshires will. I tried 34 Wilshires and the fit is good, but ends up being a little big in the waist, so I decided 33 ought to work.

33 fit is pretty much just like Mike described it: snug, but no uncomfortable standing or sitting. I anticipate that they'll stretch to fit nicely.
post #27948 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Thanks.

I wear a 34 in Walts and 35 in RIvets. I also went with a 34 in the Driggs and that seems as if it will work for me.

I've tried a few pairs of RIvets on in 34 and they felt too snug in the top block and the thighs, in fabrics and in a construction that isn't going to give the way the Wilshires will. I tried 34 Wilshires and the fit is good, but ends up being a little big in the waist, so I decided 33 ought to work.

33 fit is pretty much just like Mike described it: snug, but no uncomfortable standing or sitting. I anticipate that they'll stretch to fit nicely.
Thanks Frank, that really helped!nod[1].gif
post #27949 of 32936

Just curious, does anyone else find the 8oz canvas Rivet chinos significantly tighter up top than the duck canvas ones?  Does the waist on both kinds of fabric stretch out to be about the same size when they break in?

 

Thanks!

post #27950 of 32936
I have a couple of pairs of each and haven't noticed any difference in the fit between them.

The oldest pair I have is duck canvas, they have been worn fairly heavily and I wouldn't say there's any change in the fit compared to when they were new.
post #27951 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Excellent! Glad to hear that you like the jeans.

For everyone else who ordered - I shipped a massive amount of boxes on Friday & Saturday from the SM store, so most of you should have your jeans in the next few days. Keen to hear your feedback on them!

Hey Mike, I more or less ordered right away when the grey Wilshires went up on the site that morning, but they do not appear to have shipped yet. You still have some more to ship out right? I'm in no hurry to receive them, but just checking to see if my order slipped through the cracks since it kind of sounds like you've shipped all the initial orders. Thanks.
post #27952 of 32936
Which of the NYC stores has the largest selection of shoes? I am looking at a couple of the Alden and Carmina models and will be coming to NYC in two weeks.
post #27953 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post
 

Just curious, does anyone else find the 8oz canvas Rivet chinos significantly tighter up top than the duck canvas ones?  Does the waist on both kinds of fabric stretch out to be about the same size when they break in?

 

Thanks!

 

My 8 oz canvas chinos do fit slimmer in the thighs and top block.  It must have to do with shrinkage, because they fit pretty similar at the start but now my 8 oz canvas chinos are tighter and slimmer than my duck canvas.

post #27954 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post
 

Just curious, does anyone else find the 8oz canvas Rivet chinos significantly tighter up top than the duck canvas ones?  Does the waist on both kinds of fabric stretch out to be about the same size when they break in?

 

Thanks!

 

I measured two new pairs of size 33 chinos, (one 8oz and one duck) each have been washed cold and hung dry once, but the ducks have been worn a couple times and the 8oz were worn just long enough to decide they were too small.  The 8oz measure a full inch smaller in waist circumference and 1/4" difference in rise (so a total of 1/2" less fabric from the front to rear waistbands).  

 

Just something to be aware of if the duck chinos fit you really well cause it makes a huge difference in the amount of room you have for your gear.  I will definitely size up in the future.

 

Also, for what it's worth, the 8oz seemed slightly tighter than the ducks before wash, but not to the point where I expected to need alterations.  The last time I sized up to 34 on the 8oz I had to get them taken in by an inch.  My current pair should be OK after being let out, just worried about the stitch lines showing up in the seat.

post #27955 of 32936

Epaulet medium grey 120s suit

 


 

DETAILS (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #27956 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCarraway View Post

Which of the NYC stores has the largest selection of shoes? I am looking at a couple of the Alden and Carmina models and will be coming to NYC in two weeks.

Manhattan store definitely has the most shoe stock. But the good thing is that our NYC stores are only a 10min subway ride from each other, so if something is available at one or the other, it's really easy to get to the alternate location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

Hey Mike, I more or less ordered right away when the grey Wilshires went up on the site that morning, but they do not appear to have shipped yet. You still have some more to ship out right? I'm in no hurry to receive them, but just checking to see if my order slipped through the cracks since it kind of sounds like you've shipped all the initial orders. Thanks.

Thanks for your order GDogg, and sorry for the delay! We only received the Grey 33's and 34's on Saturday - the box was initially "misplaced" by UPS and I had to wait two days for them to find it and then redeliver. We're going to work and ship all of those out today.
post #27957 of 32936

Quick pic from today of my recent MTO shirt and the cutaway collar I favor. Terrific fabric and turnaround time. I recommend the MTO process to everyone -- especially if you need something that Epaulet likely wouldn't stock, like a very CBD-ish cutaway collar bengal stripe shirt.

 

 

Gitman x Epaulet MTO Navy Bengal Stripe Ashland Shirt (fabric 310-41)

Southwick x Michael Kuhle Wool-Cashmere Slate Blue POW Daltrey

Charred Forest Wool Flannel Walts (unseen)

Carmina x Epaulet MTO Dark Brown Scotchgrain/Natur Calf two-tone jumper boots (unseen)

Non-EP (Click to show)
Vanda Brown-Black Crepe MTO tie
post #27958 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post
 

Quick pic from today of my recent MTO shirt and the cutaway collar I favor. Terrific fabric and turnaround time. I recommend the MTO process to everyone -- especially if you need something that Epaulet likely wouldn't stock, like a very CBD-ish cutaway collar bengal stripe shirt.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Gitman x Epaulet MTO Navy Bengal Stripe Ashland Shirt (fabric 310-41)

Southwick x Michael Kuhle Wool-Cashmere Slate Blue POW Daltrey

Charred Forest Wool Flannel Walts (unseen)

Carmina x Epaulet MTO Dark Brown Scotchgrain/Natur Calf two-tone jumper boots (unseen)

Non-EP (Click to show)
Vanda Brown-Black Crepe MTO tie

Dig that POW jacket!

post #27959 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

Quick pic from today of my recent MTO shirt and the cutaway collar I favor. Terrific fabric and turnaround time. I recommend the MTO process to everyone -- especially if you need something that Epaulet likely wouldn't stock, like a very CBD-ish cutaway collar bengal stripe shirt. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Gitman x Epaulet MTO Navy Bengal Stripe Ashland Shirt (fabric 310-41)
Southwick x Michael Kuhle Wool-Cashmere Slate Blue POW Daltrey
Charred Forest Wool Flannel Walts (unseen)
Carmina x Epaulet MTO Dark Brown Scotchgrain/Natur Calf two-tone jumper boots (unseen) Non-EP (Click to show)
Vanda Brown-Black Crepe MTO tie

Really nice mix of pattern/texture here. Dig it.
post #27960 of 32936
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

Quick pic from today of my recent MTO shirt and the cutaway collar I favor. Terrific fabric and turnaround time. I recommend the MTO process to everyone -- especially if you need something that Epaulet likely wouldn't stock, like a very CBD-ish cutaway collar bengal stripe shirt.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Gitman x Epaulet MTO Navy Bengal Stripe Ashland Shirt (fabric 310-41)
Southwick x Michael Kuhle Wool-Cashmere Slate Blue POW Daltrey
Charred Forest Wool Flannel Walts (unseen)
Carmina x Epaulet MTO Dark Brown Scotchgrain/Natur Calf two-tone jumper boots (unseen) Non-EP (Click to show)
Vanda Brown-Black Crepe MTO tie

Sharp! Great match with that jacket
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread