Will you guys be restocking the Carmina double monks in the caramel calfskin at any point this year?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 2:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1800post #26986 of 508271/28/14 at 12:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26987 of 508271/28/14 at 3:34amJust a note...the fact that Dylan is over 6' and slim has been a tremendous help for many of my orders.
Actually, posting your model heights and weights is awesome all around.
As for the black discussion, I'm curious to see see where it goes. It's a colour I typically go out of my to avoid for shoes and clothes except for the the odd sweater or cardigan...and snorkel parka! Granted my workout gear is almost all black which I realize is mostly irrelevant.post #26988 of 508271/28/14 at 7:07ampost #26989 of 508271/28/14 at 7:24ampost #26990 of 508271/28/14 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
If you have athletic, muscular, or big legs, then I think that flat front is the way to go. The shape is flattering, and you don't want to add any extra bulk to your lower body.
But if you have slim legs, I think that pleats can be an elegant option that gives you some more shape. Guys like Matt can wear pleats really well. I'd keep it an understated single pleat and mostly stick with lighter weight wools and hopsacks. We'll work up a prototype and see what you guys think!
Agreed, and I think this logic extends to unpadded/unstructured jackets as well.post #26991 of 508271/28/14 at 8:13ampost #26992 of 508271/28/14 at 9:12ampost #26993 of 508271/28/14 at 9:48ampost #26994 of 508271/28/14 at 11:37amQuote:
I've got some gray suede shortwings. I like them OK but it's not a color I would probably buy again, at least until I have many more shoes. I also doubt I would like it in calf. Suede seems like a good fit.post #26995 of 508271/28/14 at 11:46am
my take on pleats:
I'm not really a fan of standard pleats, and not really a fan of a single pleat either way; I figure go big or go home.
A double-reverse pleat can look really cool:
or from one of our own members (this guy is in London and had these custom-made, I think by Luxire perhaps?):
This would be interesting enough that it could be done in the Walt fit, I would think, and it wouldn't just look like a pleat was added to accommodate a certain fit need. This would be more of a statement and would look unmistakably deliberant.
Of course, as with a lot of this stuff, I may be in the minority with my thinking here.post #26996 of 508271/28/14 at 11:54ampost #26997 of 508271/28/14 at 12:11pmpost #26998 of 508271/28/14 at 1:22pmpost #26999 of 508271/28/14 at 1:29pmpost #27000 of 508271/28/14 at 1:47pmBlack Snorkel Parka size 34
We had a lot of people email us about this jacket in size 34, but we were totally sold out. The Manhattan store took an exchange today, so we once again have a black snorkel in size 34 available. This will most likely be the last unit ever, so if you've been cruising for it and you take an Epaulet small, it's ready to ship:
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 55 seconds ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 3 minutes ago
- › Ankle opening? 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...