Will you guys be restocking the Carmina double monks in the caramel calfskin at any point this year?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1800post #26986 of 361851/28/14 at 12:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26987 of 361851/28/14 at 3:34amJust a note...the fact that Dylan is over 6' and slim has been a tremendous help for many of my orders.
Actually, posting your model heights and weights is awesome all around.
As for the black discussion, I'm curious to see see where it goes. It's a colour I typically go out of my to avoid for shoes and clothes except for the the odd sweater or cardigan...and snorkel parka! Granted my workout gear is almost all black which I realize is mostly irrelevant.post #26988 of 361851/28/14 at 7:07ampost #26989 of 361851/28/14 at 7:24ampost #26990 of 361851/28/14 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
If you have athletic, muscular, or big legs, then I think that flat front is the way to go. The shape is flattering, and you don't want to add any extra bulk to your lower body.
But if you have slim legs, I think that pleats can be an elegant option that gives you some more shape. Guys like Matt can wear pleats really well. I'd keep it an understated single pleat and mostly stick with lighter weight wools and hopsacks. We'll work up a prototype and see what you guys think!
Agreed, and I think this logic extends to unpadded/unstructured jackets as well.post #26991 of 361851/28/14 at 8:13ampost #26992 of 361851/28/14 at 9:12ampost #26993 of 361851/28/14 at 9:48ampost #26994 of 361851/28/14 at 11:37amQuote:
I've got some gray suede shortwings. I like them OK but it's not a color I would probably buy again, at least until I have many more shoes. I also doubt I would like it in calf. Suede seems like a good fit.post #26995 of 361851/28/14 at 11:46am
my take on pleats:
I'm not really a fan of standard pleats, and not really a fan of a single pleat either way; I figure go big or go home.
A double-reverse pleat can look really cool:
or from one of our own members (this guy is in London and had these custom-made, I think by Luxire perhaps?):
This would be interesting enough that it could be done in the Walt fit, I would think, and it wouldn't just look like a pleat was added to accommodate a certain fit need. This would be more of a statement and would look unmistakably deliberant.
Of course, as with a lot of this stuff, I may be in the minority with my thinking here.post #26996 of 361851/28/14 at 11:54ampost #26997 of 361851/28/14 at 12:11pmpost #26998 of 361851/28/14 at 1:22pmpost #26999 of 361851/28/14 at 1:29pmpost #27000 of 361851/28/14 at 1:47pmBlack Snorkel Parka size 34
We had a lot of people email us about this jacket in size 34, but we were totally sold out. The Manhattan store took an exchange today, so we once again have a black snorkel in size 34 available. This will most likely be the last unit ever, so if you've been cruising for it and you take an Epaulet small, it's ready to ship:
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HONOURMARK - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Opinions on these 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ebbets Cap Group Buy?? 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)