or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1792

post #26866 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I bought this jacket shortly after it came out to wear during my December vacation in South Beach. I paired it with a funky blue shirt and orange linen trousers from Epaulet/pink oxford cloth trousers from J. Crew, and received a lot of compliments. I think it would go great with the Japanese cotton special order trousers from Epaulet as well.

One thing to know is that the jacket has fade marks not unlike the LBM 1911 casentino wool coat. These marks are consistent with the casual vibe of the jacket, but makes it a bad match with a dress shirt, tie, and wool trousers. If you're going to stay casual, the jacket will be very versatile.

Agreed with this. The Chambray jacket is REALLY casual. I think that most LBM's can dress up very nicely, but this one is very soft and is better suited for a knit or a tie-less OCBD underneath it. Wear it with tan chinos, suede loafers, and a white henley and you'd be good to go.

Oh, good thing that we have a white henley coming out next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louys View Post

As a SoCal resident I love to drool over all the heavywieght tweeds and flannels you guys put out in the fall, but I know I'd never get a chance to wear that stuff if I bought it. 

Haha, I hear you! We're working on all sorts of new Cali-friendly Fall goods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Anyone have that chambray LBM jacket and want to comment on it? Very tempted. But also tempted to see what's coming in Samuelsohn for s/s. Fit in the Samuelsohn is really impressive to me.

Oh and @PorterInjax can't argue with you. Definitely a no brainer to pick up a piece like that with pretty much your choice of size.

Samuelsohn Spring is going to be freaking awesome. We've got three OTR jackets coming in and we'll launch the MTO program with them, which will be really comprehensive.
post #26867 of 32641
I absolutely love henleys! Always on the lookout for quality ones. Definitely one of my favorite casual pieces. What colors will you be offering?
post #26868 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Oh, good thing that we have a white henley coming out next month.
 

 

Exactly what I've been looking for!

post #26869 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post

I absolutely love henleys! Always on the lookout for quality ones. Definitely one of my favorite casual pieces. What colors will you be offering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Exactly what I've been looking for!

I'm picking up a bunch of samples tomorrow, so I'll have some development pics to send.

For the henley, we'll probably run a similar range of colors to our t-shirt restock. So they'll be white, black, indigo-dyed, maybe an OD black indigo, olive, maybe a few others. Our initial henley will be short sleeve, same body fit as the tee, with an inset collar and a few buttons down the neck. Good for layering with a casual jacket like LBM or our upcoming French Work Jacket
post #26870 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by malwear View Post

Can anyone comment on the weight of the olive herringbone tweeds? My only pair of tweed pants is the factory find chartreuse ones, and while I really like them, they are heavier, warmer, and a bit more itchy than I want in my next pair.

They aren't super heavy like you'd think of with a Harris Tweed or something, but are still sufficiently warm - I wore a pair yesterday in the sub-zero wind chill NYC weather and was comfortable, but they aren't overly hot in a heated office environment. I also haven't found them to be overly itchy, but the fact that they are lined to the knee would also mitigate that quite a bit.
post #26871 of 32641
SVB, those last two fits are - to use the parlance of our times - bonkers.
post #26872 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

SVB, those last two fits are - to use the parlance of our times - bonkers.

Agreed! I'm kind of digging your directional footwear choice there too
post #26873 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Agreed! I'm kind of digging your directional footwear choice there too

Hey Mike: What's "directional" mean? I think I get it given the contexts you've been using it in, but I'd be interested to hear a little bit more about from you.

Oh and also WHEN ARE THOSE FRENCH WORK SHIRTS COMING. Was I yelling? Sorry.


smile.gif
post #26874 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Hey Mike: What's "directional" mean? I think I get it given the contexts you've been using it in, but I'd be interested to hear a little bit more about from you.

Oh and also WHEN ARE THOSE FRENCH WORK SHIRTS COMING. Was I yelling? Sorry.


smile.gif

Haha, "Directional" is a retail term. Me and the other buyers would toss it around a lot at Saks back in the days. It just means fashionable in a high-fashion way. A means of saying "trendy" without cheapening an item. We would call things like Rick Owens and Raf Simons "directional"

"Edgy." I used to say "edgy" a lot too. I have to bring that one back. I've been calling things "gonzo," "bonkers," "nutzo," and "dope" for a long, long time too.

You know, my favorite term from back in the days was to call a women's item... "hot rod." Like, "Ah man, that skirt is hot rod."

Which didn't mean that it was sexy or good. It was a reference to the iconic "Legs" video by ZZ Top. Which goes like this if you're not familiar with it:
READ THIS IF YOU DIDN'T SPEND TOO MUCH OF YOUR CHILDHOOD WATCHING MUSIC VIDEOS LIKE I DID (Click to show)
After stepping in a mud puddle and bumping into tough-looking, but polite, bikers at a crosswalk, a pretty salesgirl (Wendy Frazier) enters a burger joint. She places a take-out order but suffers harassment by everyone there except a handsome young cook who is also bullied by his co-workers. The salesgirl takes her order, escapes the place and her tormentors, but in her haste leaves her glasses and a food container. The cook retrieves the items and runs after her to the shoe store where she works.
At the shoe store, the store owner and the senior salesman both shove the salesgirl around, while a customer laughs raucously at her misfortune. The cook dashes into the shop and then to the stock room to return the girl's items. She thanks him shyly, but the owner and the salesman burst in, and heave the cook out of the store. The Eliminator pulls up, and the Eliminator girls (Jeana Tomasino, Kymberly Herrin, and Danièle Arnaud) emerge from the car. They help the cook to his feet, dust him off, then slip into the shoe store through the back door. The Eliminator girls find the dejected salesgirl, put her abusers in their place, then present the salesgirl to the ZZ Top band members, who have suddenly appeared to bestow upon her the keys to the Eliminator.
The salesgirl is whisked away for a complete makeover: new hairstyle, makeup, and sexy new wardrobe, including spike heels from her now-doting boss. The Eliminator arrives at the burger joint, where the salesgirl debuts her confident new self. She strides into the restaurant with the Eliminator girls behind her. With the help of the friendly bikers, the salesgirl gets her man as the Eliminator girls keep the more aggressive men at bay. The happy pair leaves the restaurant hand in hand and ride away in a dune buggy, while the burger joint's female owner and the rowdy customers watch them leave, sullen and angry over being put in their place. The Eliminator girls invite some of the friendly bikers to join them and the Eliminator drives away as the ZZ Top band members appear one last time to wave at the camera.

So a woman wearing something "hot rod" needs the Eliminator to roll up and for the 80's women inside to give her a full makeover, so that she can then debut her confident new self and meet a handsome young man.

I'm pretty sure that absolutely no one else in retail has ever used this phrase. But it's a good one! My boss and I had a whole stable of ridiculous phrases and pop culture references to pass the time.

French Work Jackets ETA is about three weeks. Can't wait for those!
post #26875 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Haha, "Directional" is a retail term. Me and the other buyers would toss it around a lot at Saks back in the days. It just means fashionable in a high-fashion way. A means of saying "trendy" without cheapening an item. We would call things like Rick Owens and Raf Simons "directional"

"Edgy." I used to say "edgy" a lot too. I have to bring that one back. I've been calling things "gonzo," "bonkers," "nutzo," and "dope" for a long, long time too.

You know, my favorite term from back in the days was to call a women's item... "hot rod." Like, "Ah man, that skirt is hot rod."

Which didn't mean that it was sexy or good. It was a reference to the iconic "Legs" video by ZZ Top. Which goes like this if you're not familiar with it:
READ THIS IF YOU DIDN'T SPEND TOO MUCH OF YOUR CHILDHOOD WATCHING MUSIC VIDEOS LIKE I DID (Click to show)
After stepping in a mud puddle and bumping into tough-looking, but polite, bikers at a crosswalk, a pretty salesgirl (Wendy Frazier) enters a burger joint. She places a take-out order but suffers harassment by everyone there except a handsome young cook who is also bullied by his co-workers. The salesgirl takes her order, escapes the place and her tormentors, but in her haste leaves her glasses and a food container. The cook retrieves the items and runs after her to the shoe store where she works.
At the shoe store, the store owner and the senior salesman both shove the salesgirl around, while a customer laughs raucously at her misfortune. The cook dashes into the shop and then to the stock room to return the girl's items. She thanks him shyly, but the owner and the salesman burst in, and heave the cook out of the store. The Eliminator pulls up, and the Eliminator girls (Jeana Tomasino, Kymberly Herrin, and Danièle Arnaud) emerge from the car. They help the cook to his feet, dust him off, then slip into the shoe store through the back door. The Eliminator girls find the dejected salesgirl, put her abusers in their place, then present the salesgirl to the ZZ Top band members, who have suddenly appeared to bestow upon her the keys to the Eliminator.
The salesgirl is whisked away for a complete makeover: new hairstyle, makeup, and sexy new wardrobe, including spike heels from her now-doting boss. The Eliminator arrives at the burger joint, where the salesgirl debuts her confident new self. She strides into the restaurant with the Eliminator girls behind her. With the help of the friendly bikers, the salesgirl gets her man as the Eliminator girls keep the more aggressive men at bay. The happy pair leaves the restaurant hand in hand and ride away in a dune buggy, while the burger joint's female owner and the rowdy customers watch them leave, sullen and angry over being put in their place. The Eliminator girls invite some of the friendly bikers to join them and the Eliminator drives away as the ZZ Top band members appear one last time to wave at the camera.

So a woman wearing something "hot rod" needs the Eliminator to roll up and for the 80's women inside to give her a full makeover, so that she can then debut her confident new self and meet a handsome young man.

I'm pretty sure that absolutely no one else in retail has ever used this phrase. But it's a good one! My boss and I had a whole stable of ridiculous phrases and pop culture references to pass the time.

French Work Jackets ETA is about three weeks. Can't wait for those!

Thanks for that answer. Love the lingo. I will also note that instead of going the easy route and posting the Legs video itself (it's always a good time for ZZ Top btw), Mike describes in detail and I'm going to posit from memory the video.

Nutzo.

Edit: Dutifully checking out some ZZ Top videos and I think we can safely apply the word "directional" to those guys.
Edited by FrankCowperwood - 1/22/14 at 7:38pm
post #26876 of 32641
About the SC button/elbow patch request above, are we allowed to request what buttons/etc on any jackets we order, or only done? And is there an MTO cost for this?
post #26877 of 32641
Epaulet shirt, trousers, and jacket. And Carminas from Epaulet too.



post #26878 of 32641
Quote:
Originally Posted by etostano View Post
 

Mike - any chance of an update on outstanding Carmina MTO/pre-orders?  Thanks!

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Sure thing, what style are you looking for in particular? Our next delivery is slated for about 2-3 weeks.
 

 

Chocolate suede/calf jodhpurs?

post #26879 of 32641
Just gross out yesterday so it was officially pronounced Flannel Day in Bay Ridge, I think I may have had the softest flannel:



EP Flannel Shirt
Howlin' Scarf
post #26880 of 32641

Somebody should clear out the caramel Napoli. It went down another $85 since I had ordered one.

The chambray LBM looks bonkers, but I'm out of budget for now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread