^ No way to adjust collar size it seems.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/17/16 at 7:54am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 9/26/16 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1788post #26807 of 564811/20/14 at 11:38ampost #26808 of 564811/20/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by zinc2162
So I see there is a special order shirt section on the Epaulet site now. I don't think it is completely built out yet but the special order shirt program does provide a lot of options for customization, including the option of Ashland and Epaulet fit. My question is, what's the different between Ashland and Epaulet fit? Epaulet medium fits me well on shoulder and chest but a little roomy on the waist. Based on the measurement, I should size down on Ashland fit but I am wondering if it will give me an overall better fit than the Epaulet fit. Is the Ashland slimmer than Epaulet?
No, Ashland is not slimmer than Epaulet fit. The Ashland fit is slightly roomier in the shoulders and chest. Width at waist is pretty similar, but the Ashlands are a little longer overall in the body (sort of b/w a EP M and L IME).
EDIT: The measurements are listed on the MTO page there, so since you own an Epaulet medium you can compare and see how it relates to your experience of the fit.post #26809 of 564811/20/14 at 12:09pmpost #26810 of 564811/20/14 at 1:31pmpost #26811 of 564811/20/14 at 1:46pmpost #26812 of 564811/20/14 at 2:01pmpost #26813 of 564811/20/14 at 2:09pmpost #26814 of 564811/20/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
EPLA Wilshires and Epaulet calfskin gloves: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Protocol question: when you're wearing a jacket like that (buttons at the collar) for warmth, do you still leave the bottom button open?
I've got this wacky thing by Massif that's a 5-roll-2 if there is such a thing. Once I flip the collar up to stay warm I usually just button them all. It's pretty clear at that point I'm not wearing it as a traditional sport coat. Sleeves are also super long, putting it further into bastard-hybrid territory. Curiously, it has surgeon's cuffs.post #26815 of 564811/20/14 at 2:29pmI wouldn't worry about buttoning that bottom button myself in this case.
I think you are right that no one is going to confuse this coat or the one you have for anything other than a casual, quasi-outerwear piece.
On the other hand, with a heavy tweed sportcoat I likely wouldn't ever button that bottom button. Pretty much assured it would look odd on something that's much more obviously a traditional sportcoat, even if on the heavier side.
Of course, even with my outerwear, I tend to leave bottom buttons undone or open up the bottom of a two way zipper. I find that it makes the coat/jacket easier to wear, makes it easier to get into my pockets, etc. I'd only close it at the bottom if I'm really concerned about being cold.post #26816 of 564811/20/14 at 3:48pmpost #26817 of 564811/20/14 at 3:54pmpost #26818 of 564811/20/14 at 6:54pmpost #26819 of 564811/20/14 at 7:08pmpost #26820 of 564811/20/14 at 7:32pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...