^ No way to adjust collar size it seems.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1788
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26807 of 508301/20/14 at 11:38ampost #26808 of 508301/20/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by zinc2162
So I see there is a special order shirt section on the Epaulet site now. I don't think it is completely built out yet but the special order shirt program does provide a lot of options for customization, including the option of Ashland and Epaulet fit. My question is, what's the different between Ashland and Epaulet fit? Epaulet medium fits me well on shoulder and chest but a little roomy on the waist. Based on the measurement, I should size down on Ashland fit but I am wondering if it will give me an overall better fit than the Epaulet fit. Is the Ashland slimmer than Epaulet?
No, Ashland is not slimmer than Epaulet fit. The Ashland fit is slightly roomier in the shoulders and chest. Width at waist is pretty similar, but the Ashlands are a little longer overall in the body (sort of b/w a EP M and L IME).
EDIT: The measurements are listed on the MTO page there, so since you own an Epaulet medium you can compare and see how it relates to your experience of the fit.post #26809 of 508301/20/14 at 12:09pmpost #26810 of 508301/20/14 at 1:31pmpost #26811 of 508301/20/14 at 1:46pmpost #26812 of 508301/20/14 at 2:01pmpost #26813 of 508301/20/14 at 2:09pmpost #26814 of 508301/20/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
EPLA Wilshires and Epaulet calfskin gloves: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Protocol question: when you're wearing a jacket like that (buttons at the collar) for warmth, do you still leave the bottom button open?
I've got this wacky thing by Massif that's a 5-roll-2 if there is such a thing. Once I flip the collar up to stay warm I usually just button them all. It's pretty clear at that point I'm not wearing it as a traditional sport coat. Sleeves are also super long, putting it further into bastard-hybrid territory. Curiously, it has surgeon's cuffs.post #26815 of 508301/20/14 at 2:29pmI wouldn't worry about buttoning that bottom button myself in this case.
I think you are right that no one is going to confuse this coat or the one you have for anything other than a casual, quasi-outerwear piece.
On the other hand, with a heavy tweed sportcoat I likely wouldn't ever button that bottom button. Pretty much assured it would look odd on something that's much more obviously a traditional sportcoat, even if on the heavier side.
Of course, even with my outerwear, I tend to leave bottom buttons undone or open up the bottom of a two way zipper. I find that it makes the coat/jacket easier to wear, makes it easier to get into my pockets, etc. I'd only close it at the bottom if I'm really concerned about being cold.post #26816 of 508301/20/14 at 3:48pmpost #26817 of 508301/20/14 at 3:54pmpost #26818 of 508301/20/14 at 6:54pmpost #26819 of 508301/20/14 at 7:08pmpost #26820 of 508301/20/14 at 7:32pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 17 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 39 seconds ago
- › The Madras Shirt thread 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › DROP: Zegna Red Cashmere Full Zip Minimalist Jacket - $2895+ - L /... 3 minutes ago
- › Freemans Sporting Club Isle of Man Jacket Medium Black NWT 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Freemans Sporting Goods Isle of Man Jacket Size Medium Black NWT 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...