^ No way to adjust collar size it seems.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Today
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1788
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26807 of 413161/20/14 at 11:38ampost #26808 of 413161/20/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by zinc2162
So I see there is a special order shirt section on the Epaulet site now. I don't think it is completely built out yet but the special order shirt program does provide a lot of options for customization, including the option of Ashland and Epaulet fit. My question is, what's the different between Ashland and Epaulet fit? Epaulet medium fits me well on shoulder and chest but a little roomy on the waist. Based on the measurement, I should size down on Ashland fit but I am wondering if it will give me an overall better fit than the Epaulet fit. Is the Ashland slimmer than Epaulet?
No, Ashland is not slimmer than Epaulet fit. The Ashland fit is slightly roomier in the shoulders and chest. Width at waist is pretty similar, but the Ashlands are a little longer overall in the body (sort of b/w a EP M and L IME).
EDIT: The measurements are listed on the MTO page there, so since you own an Epaulet medium you can compare and see how it relates to your experience of the fit.post #26809 of 413161/20/14 at 12:09pmpost #26810 of 413161/20/14 at 1:31pmpost #26811 of 413161/20/14 at 1:46pmpost #26812 of 413161/20/14 at 2:01pmpost #26813 of 413161/20/14 at 2:09pmpost #26814 of 413161/20/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
EPLA Wilshires and Epaulet calfskin gloves: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Protocol question: when you're wearing a jacket like that (buttons at the collar) for warmth, do you still leave the bottom button open?
I've got this wacky thing by Massif that's a 5-roll-2 if there is such a thing. Once I flip the collar up to stay warm I usually just button them all. It's pretty clear at that point I'm not wearing it as a traditional sport coat. Sleeves are also super long, putting it further into bastard-hybrid territory. Curiously, it has surgeon's cuffs.post #26815 of 413161/20/14 at 2:29pmI wouldn't worry about buttoning that bottom button myself in this case.
I think you are right that no one is going to confuse this coat or the one you have for anything other than a casual, quasi-outerwear piece.
On the other hand, with a heavy tweed sportcoat I likely wouldn't ever button that bottom button. Pretty much assured it would look odd on something that's much more obviously a traditional sportcoat, even if on the heavier side.
Of course, even with my outerwear, I tend to leave bottom buttons undone or open up the bottom of a two way zipper. I find that it makes the coat/jacket easier to wear, makes it easier to get into my pockets, etc. I'd only close it at the bottom if I'm really concerned about being cold.post #26816 of 413161/20/14 at 3:48pmpost #26817 of 413161/20/14 at 3:54pmpost #26818 of 413161/20/14 at 6:54pmpost #26819 of 413161/20/14 at 7:08pmpost #26820 of 413161/20/14 at 7:32pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Alden Indy 405 - 7.5 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 14 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 19 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 26 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 31 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...