^ No way to adjust collar size it seems.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:00 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1788
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26807 of 433191/20/14 at 11:38ampost #26808 of 433191/20/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by zinc2162
So I see there is a special order shirt section on the Epaulet site now. I don't think it is completely built out yet but the special order shirt program does provide a lot of options for customization, including the option of Ashland and Epaulet fit. My question is, what's the different between Ashland and Epaulet fit? Epaulet medium fits me well on shoulder and chest but a little roomy on the waist. Based on the measurement, I should size down on Ashland fit but I am wondering if it will give me an overall better fit than the Epaulet fit. Is the Ashland slimmer than Epaulet?
No, Ashland is not slimmer than Epaulet fit. The Ashland fit is slightly roomier in the shoulders and chest. Width at waist is pretty similar, but the Ashlands are a little longer overall in the body (sort of b/w a EP M and L IME).
EDIT: The measurements are listed on the MTO page there, so since you own an Epaulet medium you can compare and see how it relates to your experience of the fit.post #26809 of 433191/20/14 at 12:09pmpost #26810 of 433191/20/14 at 1:31pmpost #26811 of 433191/20/14 at 1:46pmpost #26812 of 433191/20/14 at 2:01pmpost #26813 of 433191/20/14 at 2:09pmpost #26814 of 433191/20/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
EPLA Wilshires and Epaulet calfskin gloves: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Protocol question: when you're wearing a jacket like that (buttons at the collar) for warmth, do you still leave the bottom button open?
I've got this wacky thing by Massif that's a 5-roll-2 if there is such a thing. Once I flip the collar up to stay warm I usually just button them all. It's pretty clear at that point I'm not wearing it as a traditional sport coat. Sleeves are also super long, putting it further into bastard-hybrid territory. Curiously, it has surgeon's cuffs.post #26815 of 433191/20/14 at 2:29pmI wouldn't worry about buttoning that bottom button myself in this case.
I think you are right that no one is going to confuse this coat or the one you have for anything other than a casual, quasi-outerwear piece.
On the other hand, with a heavy tweed sportcoat I likely wouldn't ever button that bottom button. Pretty much assured it would look odd on something that's much more obviously a traditional sportcoat, even if on the heavier side.
Of course, even with my outerwear, I tend to leave bottom buttons undone or open up the bottom of a two way zipper. I find that it makes the coat/jacket easier to wear, makes it easier to get into my pockets, etc. I'd only close it at the bottom if I'm really concerned about being cold.post #26816 of 433191/20/14 at 3:48pmpost #26817 of 433191/20/14 at 3:54pmpost #26818 of 433191/20/14 at 6:54pmpost #26819 of 433191/20/14 at 7:08pmpost #26820 of 433191/20/14 at 7:32pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 20 seconds ago
- › Boris Bidjan Saberi P11 (object dyed black / M) 1 minute ago
- › Undercover FW14 Mohair Knit Cardigan (size 2) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan