This is our second little one. We have a son who is a little over two at home. Let the madness begin!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/17/16 at 7:54am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 9/26/16 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1784post #26747 of 564821/16/14 at 5:05pmCongrats to rydenfan!
And best wishes from everyone here at Epaulet!Quote:
Oh we can do that anytime. I'll comb through some colors next week and post up some things for you guys to consider.Quote:Originally Posted by tigerpac
Burgundy Hopsack Wool Walts with Acorn Trickers.... think it works pretty well. Sorry for the crappy picture.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Agreed, those look great together!Quote:Originally Posted by slugworth
Firstly, apologies for the close up crotch shot.
A question regarding sizing of these Rivets. I'm concerned about the pulling in the fly area where the back layer is visible. Does this indicate that they are sized too small?
They fit perfect all over except for the pulling. And really, the waist doesn't fell overly tight and i can wear them a bit higher. Would moving the button across a bit be a simple fix?Quote:
It might work, but from that pic that you sent is looks like the waist is tight all the way around. I think that you'd either want to exchange them for a size up or let them out. Getting you into a size that's one inch bigger should solve that.post #26748 of 564821/16/14 at 5:09pmpost #26749 of 564821/16/14 at 5:17pmQuote:
Yep - I definitely had a little room to spare in my case.post #26750 of 564821/16/14 at 6:30pmpost #26751 of 564821/16/14 at 7:13pmSample Show!
Our EPLA Denim jacket development is nearing completion. We're at the final fit trial and we've determined all of the post-wash shrinkage.
I think that you guys will really dig this! The fit is perfectly in line with our other pieces and it has both side slash pockets and functional internal pockets. We're aiming for end Feb for the launch, and we'll look to roll it out in one-wash denim, distressed denim (the sample) and OD Black. We're using Cone Mills 1969 Selvedge for the fabric.post #26752 of 564821/16/14 at 7:13pmpost #26753 of 564821/16/14 at 7:18pm
Haha, thanks! We're all irrationally excited for this.
It's crazy - there must be a thousand denim jackets out there on the market. But it's so difficult to find one with the right fit, good denim, and solid details without spending a fortune or spinning your wheels. The fit on this is really fantastic and it will run totally in line with our shirts (get a medium denim jacket if you take a medium shirt). We're nailing down the pricing, but it will be very competitive too.post #26754 of 564821/16/14 at 7:24pmpost #26755 of 564821/16/14 at 7:28pmMike, I noticed in the fit pics for your EPLA line that you're using a lot of the urban-LA sort of feel (graffiti, etc), and I'm intrigued by the possibility of a gi coming out - very culturally-tinged product there. Any inclinations to go a bit "latino" in product composition? I don't have a direct example, but I remember seeing an upstart #menswear brand on PTO that angled that way. Thoughts?post #26756 of 564821/16/14 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Haha, thanks! We're all irrationally excited for this.
It's crazy - there must be a thousand denim jackets out there on the market. But it's so difficult to find one with the right fit, good denim, and solid details without spending a fortune or spinning your wheels. The fit on this is really fantastic and it will run totally in line with our shirts (get a medium denim jacket if you take a medium shirt). We're nailing down the pricing, but it will be very competitive too.
Yes, that pic looks great! Ok, Mike, help me out here. I've never been a denim jacket guy because I didn't know what I'd wear it with. I'm guessing I can wear the dark or the distressed with the rivet chinos depending on the color of the chinos. But when I wear denim, it's usually a very dark denim, so wouldn't I be better off with the distressed jacket?post #26757 of 564821/16/14 at 7:41pmpost #26758 of 564821/16/14 at 7:43pmpost #26759 of 564821/16/14 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
Yes, that pic looks great! Ok, Mike, help me out here. I've never been a denim jacket guy because I didn't know what I'd wear it with. I'm guessing I can wear the dark or the distressed with the rivet chinos depending on the color of the chinos. But when I wear denim, it's usually a very dark denim, so wouldn't I be better off with the distressed jacket?
You know, I'll get Matt to chime in here. But from my side, I pretty much exclusively wear my denim jacket with chinos. All of them jive brilliantly with a whole range of shades in chinos. I love a distressed jacket like this with tan chinos, white sneakers, white OCBD. It's a really clean look.
It takes a confident dude to pull off the double denim look. I think that some guys do it well, but you have to really own it. Out of our launch jacket options, I'd probably match the OD black to a dark grey jean. Or wear the indigo with a white jean. The Wilshire fit is really great, so we're going to roll that out in neutral colored denim (light olive, cream, etc) and hopefully a thick 12oz cotton twill so that they'll be more options in this range.Quote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Mike, I noticed in the fit pics for your EPLA line that you're using a lot of the urban-LA sort of feel (graffiti, etc), and I'm intrigued by the possibility of a gi coming out - very culturally-tinged product there. Any inclinations to go a bit "latino" in product composition? I don't have a direct example, but I remember seeing an upstart #menswear brand on PTO that angled that way. Thoughts?
Haha, well that background was sort of the product of necessity. I only had an afternoon to shoot the samples, and that fence happened to be one block away from our factory in East LA. But I love how it looked!
I'm often driving back when high school lets out, and I'll say that the Latino teens dress cool as hell. It's kind of this mashup of SoCal Cholo style with a bit of 80's skate rock. They'll wear really slim black jeans, Pendleton flannel, Suicidal Tendencies hat, Vans Old Skool. It's a sharp look.
At the moment, we're building out a selection of fantastic basics for EPLA - with tees, polos, henleys, jeans, this denim jacket, etc. Quality will be excellent, price fair, cut perfect. I want us to be a go-to resource for these casual pieces, like we are for chinos.
But alongside that will be more directional items as seen through our lens. The Noragi will be one, where it's a hardcore fashion piece that we adjust for a slim fit and add functional details too. I'm working on a casual washed-to-hell chino with a ribbed cuff at the bottom. A military-styled APC jacket. Hopefully a corresponding line of private label footwear. I'll update with samples here and on Reddit to get feedback, as we'd love to build this line out in concert with you guys.
But yes, for a long-winded answer, I'd love to do some things that channel that Latino vibe. Maybe patterns in shirts, maybe embracing a bit of that skate-rock Venice look. I really love LA, and there's a lot of inspiration to take from here.post #26760 of 564821/16/14 at 7:57pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 11 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...