This is our second little one. We have a son who is a little over two at home. Let the madness begin!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1784
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26747 of 388961/16/14 at 5:05pmCongrats to rydenfan!
And best wishes from everyone here at Epaulet!Quote:
Oh we can do that anytime. I'll comb through some colors next week and post up some things for you guys to consider.Quote:Originally Posted by tigerpac
Burgundy Hopsack Wool Walts with Acorn Trickers.... think it works pretty well. Sorry for the crappy picture.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Agreed, those look great together!Quote:Originally Posted by slugworth
Firstly, apologies for the close up crotch shot.
A question regarding sizing of these Rivets. I'm concerned about the pulling in the fly area where the back layer is visible. Does this indicate that they are sized too small?
They fit perfect all over except for the pulling. And really, the waist doesn't fell overly tight and i can wear them a bit higher. Would moving the button across a bit be a simple fix?Quote:
It might work, but from that pic that you sent is looks like the waist is tight all the way around. I think that you'd either want to exchange them for a size up or let them out. Getting you into a size that's one inch bigger should solve that.post #26748 of 388961/16/14 at 5:09pmpost #26749 of 388961/16/14 at 5:17pmQuote:
Yep - I definitely had a little room to spare in my case.post #26750 of 388961/16/14 at 6:30pmpost #26751 of 388961/16/14 at 7:13pmSample Show!
Our EPLA Denim jacket development is nearing completion. We're at the final fit trial and we've determined all of the post-wash shrinkage.
I think that you guys will really dig this! The fit is perfectly in line with our other pieces and it has both side slash pockets and functional internal pockets. We're aiming for end Feb for the launch, and we'll look to roll it out in one-wash denim, distressed denim (the sample) and OD Black. We're using Cone Mills 1969 Selvedge for the fabric.post #26752 of 388961/16/14 at 7:13pmpost #26753 of 388961/16/14 at 7:18pm
Haha, thanks! We're all irrationally excited for this.
It's crazy - there must be a thousand denim jackets out there on the market. But it's so difficult to find one with the right fit, good denim, and solid details without spending a fortune or spinning your wheels. The fit on this is really fantastic and it will run totally in line with our shirts (get a medium denim jacket if you take a medium shirt). We're nailing down the pricing, but it will be very competitive too.post #26754 of 388961/16/14 at 7:24pmpost #26755 of 388961/16/14 at 7:28pmMike, I noticed in the fit pics for your EPLA line that you're using a lot of the urban-LA sort of feel (graffiti, etc), and I'm intrigued by the possibility of a gi coming out - very culturally-tinged product there. Any inclinations to go a bit "latino" in product composition? I don't have a direct example, but I remember seeing an upstart #menswear brand on PTO that angled that way. Thoughts?post #26756 of 388961/16/14 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Haha, thanks! We're all irrationally excited for this.
It's crazy - there must be a thousand denim jackets out there on the market. But it's so difficult to find one with the right fit, good denim, and solid details without spending a fortune or spinning your wheels. The fit on this is really fantastic and it will run totally in line with our shirts (get a medium denim jacket if you take a medium shirt). We're nailing down the pricing, but it will be very competitive too.
Yes, that pic looks great! Ok, Mike, help me out here. I've never been a denim jacket guy because I didn't know what I'd wear it with. I'm guessing I can wear the dark or the distressed with the rivet chinos depending on the color of the chinos. But when I wear denim, it's usually a very dark denim, so wouldn't I be better off with the distressed jacket?post #26757 of 388961/16/14 at 7:41pmpost #26758 of 388961/16/14 at 7:43pmpost #26759 of 388961/16/14 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
Yes, that pic looks great! Ok, Mike, help me out here. I've never been a denim jacket guy because I didn't know what I'd wear it with. I'm guessing I can wear the dark or the distressed with the rivet chinos depending on the color of the chinos. But when I wear denim, it's usually a very dark denim, so wouldn't I be better off with the distressed jacket?
You know, I'll get Matt to chime in here. But from my side, I pretty much exclusively wear my denim jacket with chinos. All of them jive brilliantly with a whole range of shades in chinos. I love a distressed jacket like this with tan chinos, white sneakers, white OCBD. It's a really clean look.
It takes a confident dude to pull off the double denim look. I think that some guys do it well, but you have to really own it. Out of our launch jacket options, I'd probably match the OD black to a dark grey jean. Or wear the indigo with a white jean. The Wilshire fit is really great, so we're going to roll that out in neutral colored denim (light olive, cream, etc) and hopefully a thick 12oz cotton twill so that they'll be more options in this range.Quote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Mike, I noticed in the fit pics for your EPLA line that you're using a lot of the urban-LA sort of feel (graffiti, etc), and I'm intrigued by the possibility of a gi coming out - very culturally-tinged product there. Any inclinations to go a bit "latino" in product composition? I don't have a direct example, but I remember seeing an upstart #menswear brand on PTO that angled that way. Thoughts?
Haha, well that background was sort of the product of necessity. I only had an afternoon to shoot the samples, and that fence happened to be one block away from our factory in East LA. But I love how it looked!
I'm often driving back when high school lets out, and I'll say that the Latino teens dress cool as hell. It's kind of this mashup of SoCal Cholo style with a bit of 80's skate rock. They'll wear really slim black jeans, Pendleton flannel, Suicidal Tendencies hat, Vans Old Skool. It's a sharp look.
At the moment, we're building out a selection of fantastic basics for EPLA - with tees, polos, henleys, jeans, this denim jacket, etc. Quality will be excellent, price fair, cut perfect. I want us to be a go-to resource for these casual pieces, like we are for chinos.
But alongside that will be more directional items as seen through our lens. The Noragi will be one, where it's a hardcore fashion piece that we adjust for a slim fit and add functional details too. I'm working on a casual washed-to-hell chino with a ribbed cuff at the bottom. A military-styled APC jacket. Hopefully a corresponding line of private label footwear. I'll update with samples here and on Reddit to get feedback, as we'd love to build this line out in concert with you guys.
But yes, for a long-winded answer, I'd love to do some things that channel that Latino vibe. Maybe patterns in shirts, maybe embracing a bit of that skate-rock Venice look. I really love LA, and there's a lot of inspiration to take from here.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures 3 minutes ago
- › Wilson & Dean for Wilkes Bashford Gravati Loafers 8 M Black VG 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Clarks Navy Leather Casual Broques Size 8 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays