Looking forward to the OD denim
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:28 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1763
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26432 of 444521/6/14 at 11:03pmQuote:
Yes, that's correct. But the idea is that the new collars will shrink less, so even though they measure a half inch less on the first wear, they'll be only about a quarter inch smaller after the wash. So a pretty subtle difference that most guys won't notice at all.Quote:
Haha, well the "Bond" referred to Bond St here in Brooklyn. I'm not sure why I'm stuck on giving street names to jean models.
And yes, provided the basic indigo is a success and people are into the fit, then we'll roll it out in additional fabrics and washes as well.Quote:
Oh my god, it's going to be so good. I jumped on that as soon as I saw it. Here's some swatches of the Grey & White...Quote:
Oh yes, we're familiar with this in New York right now. Sorry for the wait, we'll get that box on the way to you tomorrow morningQuote:Originally Posted by kwanon
I've been hunting for a shoe that I can wear even in terrible weather. Ideally it would be a blucher wingtip with a commando or dainite sole. In either cordovan #8 or natural CXL. Maybe an olive CXL. This alt wien is the closest thing up right now, but between the cap toe, the color, and the scotch grain I'm not really feeling it. I could probably even live with a cap toe, maybe.
Anything that fits that bill on the schedule for summer or fall? I'm willing to wait a while, particularly if I know I can count on it.
I like the sound of that. We don't have anything like this on order for Spring, but we can float that idea as a Carmina group buy. Carmina's in CXL usually do really well as group MTO's, so I'm sure that we can get that off the ground.Quote:Originally Posted by katabatic
Mike - while I'm sorry you took a bath on these shoes, I'm loving the heck out of my vanilla Solovairs, and getting a lot of wear out of them.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking forward to the new MTO trouser options. These shoes need more loud pants
Haha, no worries on that! I'm glad that so may of you guys were able to pick them up. It's cool to see them pop up in these fit shots.post #26433 of 444521/7/14 at 12:00ampost #26434 of 444521/7/14 at 4:44ampost #26435 of 444521/7/14 at 5:02ampost #26436 of 444521/7/14 at 5:22ampost #26437 of 444521/7/14 at 6:05am
Mike & co, just looking at the additional FF fabrics posted up earlier. Which would you say is lighter and more breathable: the Pastel Summer Plaid, the RWB Madras, or the Gauzy Neutral Buffalo Check? Looking for something to wear in the humid NYC summer (hilarious to think about today).post #26438 of 444521/7/14 at 7:06amQuote:
So close, but I'm specifically looking for shortwings. Longwings have never done it for me.Quote:
Sounds good to me. Do you ever do the same style in different materials? Keep #8 in mind :)
The "Faulkner" from last season would be a pretty good template.post #26439 of 444521/7/14 at 8:40am
Damnit. I've been so busy lately at work that I've missed out on some of these spring shirts.
Has the Lapis Gauzy Plaid sold out already? http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-special-order/products/factory-finds-shirt-buttondown-lapis-gauzy-plaidpost #26440 of 444521/7/14 at 8:47ampost #26441 of 444521/7/14 at 9:29ampost #26442 of 444521/7/14 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by applky
Mike & co, just looking at the additional FF fabrics posted up earlier. Which would you say is lighter and more breathable: the Pastel Summer Plaid, the RWB Madras, or the Gauzy Neutral Buffalo Check? Looking for something to wear in the humid NYC summer (hilarious to think about today).
Gauzy Neutral Buffalo will be the most breathable of those three. The fabric is really light and it has an open weave.Quote:
We're clocking 12 degrees F here in Brooklyn. Good freaking lord. My shop windows here are entirely frozen over. Snorkel parka and cashmere sweater for me today. I'm actually wearing the Harris Tweed Eisenhower in the store, as our heaters are at full blast but not quite keeping up.Quote:
Sure, the Faulkner in Burg shell would be killer. We've run quite a few makeups like that. As popular as shell is, our offerings in hand-burnished scotchgrain and Kudu antelope have actually proved to be more popular. Carmina might also debut some new leather options for the season too.post #26443 of 444521/7/14 at 10:51ampost #26444 of 444521/7/14 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Sure, the Faulkner in Burg shell would be killer. We've run quite a few makeups like that. As popular as shell is, our offerings in hand-burnished scotchgrain and Kudu antelope have actually proved to be more popular. Carmina might also debut some new leather options for the season too.
From what I can see a lot of your customers have the basics in hand and are branching out into wilder options for more flavor. I'm still pretty much starting out and a pair of shell carminas would be my nicest shoes by a huge margin. What I have now is enough to keep me going, but maybe only one pair I really like. And with plain leather soles I don't like wearing them when it's wet out. Here's hoping there's always room on your shelves for the "basics".
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 6 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 32 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "The Rake" magazine 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...