Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 11:16 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1698post #25456 of 5868011/30/13 at 11:55ampost #25457 of 5868011/30/13 at 1:24pmpost #25458 of 5868011/30/13 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Looking great, Rob! Don't fall
My third and final entry for the contest (Epaulet suit and Vass shoes):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Excellent! I was wondering when we'd see those Vass austerity brogues too.Quote:Originally Posted by vedarcrew
First Fit: Epaulet Suiting Tartan, Epaulet Belt, Epaulet Rivet Duck Canvas
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is just so good.Quote:Originally Posted by kidnesiac
Burgundy hopsack MTO from May; here are closeups from different times.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And this, this DB is a brilliant idea. Nicely done.
It's a pretty serious set of photos when I'm not even quoting NYI's shots (sorry about that... )
Here's something from today: Bedford cord RCs and ice blue houndstooth scarf.post #25459 of 5868011/30/13 at 2:43pmpost #25460 of 5868011/30/13 at 4:17pmpost #25461 of 5868011/30/13 at 6:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Here's my Thanksgiving WAYWT pic. I'm out in Montauk with my family, and man, the reality of East Coast weather is back. It's nice to layer up though.
Epaulet Veneto Single Breasted Technical Blazer
Stone Island Hoodie
Epaulet Taupe Birdseye Rudy Trousers (from last year)
Vass High Boot Captoe Medallion
Epaulet Bordeaux Driving Gloves
Sorry that I'm kind of scowling. That's what I get for looking straight into the sun for a photo.
BTW, I get quite a lot of emails asking about the driving gloves. They're thicker than the typical driving glove, but not necessarily a winter piece. They're unlined and very supple. Driving gloves are so far out of the norm that most guys don't think about them, and even less own them. But when you do - and you take that first drive with your gloves on - you'll wonder how you ever lived without them. They are so freaking cool.
Everyone nerding out on watches and nobody is left to appreciate the Leica.
Someday I would love to even use, let alone own, one of those. Until then I will "make do" with my 5D2/35L
Is it digital? What's the lens?post #25462 of 5868011/30/13 at 10:06pmI have a question/concern about the barlett leather jacket. Mine came in the mail 2 days back and while im generally very impressed with tit one thing is making my somewhat ocd self a bit uneasy. The snaps for the collar are not symmetrical- the top and bottom snaps on the right side of the jacket are separated by about a centimeter more than the ones on the left, and their orientation relative to each other is a bit different too- closer horizontally on the right than on the left. Looking back at the website pics, the same thing seems to be present on the model pics for the black jacket which is the one I also got. The navy one looks might it might have the same thing but to a lesser degree maybe? (you can tell best by looking at the pics with the snaps undone and the jacket zipped up.
Is this normal for perfecto-type jackets?post #25463 of 5868012/1/13 at 4:08amI have not been able to size the Epaulet leather jackets correctly-- anyone have a medium Wyatt horsehide jacket they want to trade for a small? PM me if interested.
Anyone who has a medium and a solid fit would you mind sending me your stats. I had the same problem with the Mullberry jacket!!! Thankspost #25464 of 5868012/1/13 at 4:58amQuote:
I'm generally very impressed with those too. Unfortunately I can't help with your problem, but I couldn't help myself from pointing out the best Freudian slip ever in this thread.post #25465 of 5868012/1/13 at 7:03ampost #25466 of 5868012/1/13 at 7:56ampost #25467 of 5868012/1/13 at 11:46ampost #25468 of 5868012/1/13 at 12:28pmHey guys, for those interested in the MTO autumn speckle herringbone rivet chinos that sold out I have a size 33 that's new with side tabs that I'm getting rid of. I just don't think I would wear them that much, that's all. PM me if you're interested. (Apologies if it's against etiquette, but I wanted to give the Epaulet followers first dibs.)
I bought one of the last UK donegal ivy marl tweeds on sale and they are some of the best trousers I've ever seen. I already had the ironwood, but I'm considering ordering the navy and salt/pepper versions too along with a navy jacket to make a suit. Does anyone here mix and match the navy donegal jacket with the other donegal trousers for maximum versatility?post #25469 of 5868012/1/13 at 12:54pmFall Fit Contest Gallery
The gauntlet has been thrown! I put together a Flickr Gallery to hold all of the submission images so far:
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE FLICKR GALLERY
If I missed anyone's submission so far, then please let me know and I'll put in in there. I know that a lot of you guys were working hard on photos over Thanksgiving, so we're really jazzed to see what you came up with!
Couple things from my side:
MTO SHIRTS & FACTORY FINDS
I'm thrilled to say that we'll restart both of these programs within the next few weeks! Our new MTO shirt program is a little bit smaller, yet a bit larger than before. You'll have to order our pattern (chest, body length, collar is fixed), but you can specify a sleeve length. And the options for in-stock fabrics, collars, pockets, buttons, and cuffs is radically expanded. And you can do fun stuff like monograms, contrast collars, and french plackets.
Another thing: we've always had a large amount of guys who like the Gitman Vintage / Ashland Fit. By request, we'll be able to offer MTO shirts in those fits as well.
To that end: we'll have a GONZO factory finds round with shirts in about a week or so. I get the final swatches in a few days. They'll be a ton to choose from - with plenty of pricey European fabrics in there - and the pricing will be great.
You guys have some great watches out there! The one from my fit pic is a Rolex "coke" GMT - it's from the mid 90's. This is definitely my go-to watch, and the one that I wear more frequently than anything else. It's a great size, you can wear it dressed up or dressed down, it's tough, it's waterproof, etc. The case is thinner and smaller than the Submariner, and I have a smaller wrist, so it works better for me. If anyone out there is considering the jump into a Swiss watch, then I'd heartily recommend getting a used GMT. They hold their value exceptionally well - especially if you buy it with papers - so they're easy to resell if you decide that you want something different in the future.
Ever since we stopped carrying MKII watches, I get pretty regular emails asking where to find an affordable entry-level automatic watch. I always recommend three places for this:
1. Seiko 5 watches. These are the cheapest option, and you can often find them on ebay for under $100. This was my first automatic watch, and they're a great value. Most of the designs are pretty fugly, but they have a good amount of minimal, pared-down ones.
2. The Seiko Spirit. You can typically buy it from Seiya Japan. Looks like the dude closed his site until 12/5, but check it out when it comes back up. This watch costs about $350 and it's beautiful in person. I don't think that this value can be matched.
3. For a European product that's getting into the $1K price, check out Junghans, Nomos, or Stowa. All of these brands have great looking, quality pieces. Entry-level Sinn watches are around $1K too. Resell on them is pretty good too, so if you want to trade up to something Swiss down the road, you'll get a good portion back of what you paid for it.
The camera is a Leica M240 with a Summilux 50/1.4. I waited nearly a year on the preorder and just got it a few weeks ago. It's been pretty great, and it's really a joy to use. I've shot film Leica's for years, and there's something to be said for the intimacy of composing images on a rangefinder.
That said, had I known that Sony was going to put out the A7, then I would have surely gotten that over the Leica M. The A7 is a new compact full-frame digital that can take really nice Sony Zeiss glass AND Leica lenses. So much of your final image quality depends upon the sensor and the in-camera processing, and Sony's going to have a pretty serious edge on Leica in that department. Mounting a Leica lens on a Sony full-frame body will give you some of the best digital images possible.post #25470 of 5868012/1/13 at 1:12pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1529 Active Users (294 Members and 1235 Guests)
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 1 second ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 4 minutes ago
- › 'Signature Bespoke' - Mo Adousa -Savile Row/Liverpool? 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Wonderful collection of 10.5D US 9.5E UK, Suede & Leather shoes... 16 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...