Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:38 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1698post #25456 of 3294111/30/13 at 11:55am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #25457 of 3294111/30/13 at 1:24pmpost #25458 of 3294111/30/13 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Looking great, Rob! Don't fall
My third and final entry for the contest (Epaulet suit and Vass shoes):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Excellent! I was wondering when we'd see those Vass austerity brogues too.Quote:Originally Posted by vedarcrew
First Fit: Epaulet Suiting Tartan, Epaulet Belt, Epaulet Rivet Duck Canvas
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is just so good.Quote:Originally Posted by kidnesiac
Burgundy hopsack MTO from May; here are closeups from different times.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And this, this DB is a brilliant idea. Nicely done.
It's a pretty serious set of photos when I'm not even quoting NYI's shots (sorry about that... )
Here's something from today: Bedford cord RCs and ice blue houndstooth scarf.post #25459 of 3294111/30/13 at 2:43pmpost #25460 of 3294111/30/13 at 4:17pmpost #25461 of 3294111/30/13 at 6:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Here's my Thanksgiving WAYWT pic. I'm out in Montauk with my family, and man, the reality of East Coast weather is back. It's nice to layer up though.
Epaulet Veneto Single Breasted Technical Blazer
Stone Island Hoodie
Epaulet Taupe Birdseye Rudy Trousers (from last year)
Vass High Boot Captoe Medallion
Epaulet Bordeaux Driving Gloves
Sorry that I'm kind of scowling. That's what I get for looking straight into the sun for a photo.
BTW, I get quite a lot of emails asking about the driving gloves. They're thicker than the typical driving glove, but not necessarily a winter piece. They're unlined and very supple. Driving gloves are so far out of the norm that most guys don't think about them, and even less own them. But when you do - and you take that first drive with your gloves on - you'll wonder how you ever lived without them. They are so freaking cool.
Everyone nerding out on watches and nobody is left to appreciate the Leica.
Someday I would love to even use, let alone own, one of those. Until then I will "make do" with my 5D2/35L
Is it digital? What's the lens?post #25462 of 3294111/30/13 at 10:06pmI have a question/concern about the barlett leather jacket. Mine came in the mail 2 days back and while im generally very impressed with tit one thing is making my somewhat ocd self a bit uneasy. The snaps for the collar are not symmetrical- the top and bottom snaps on the right side of the jacket are separated by about a centimeter more than the ones on the left, and their orientation relative to each other is a bit different too- closer horizontally on the right than on the left. Looking back at the website pics, the same thing seems to be present on the model pics for the black jacket which is the one I also got. The navy one looks might it might have the same thing but to a lesser degree maybe? (you can tell best by looking at the pics with the snaps undone and the jacket zipped up.
Is this normal for perfecto-type jackets?post #25463 of 3294112/1/13 at 4:08amI have not been able to size the Epaulet leather jackets correctly-- anyone have a medium Wyatt horsehide jacket they want to trade for a small? PM me if interested.
Anyone who has a medium and a solid fit would you mind sending me your stats. I had the same problem with the Mullberry jacket!!! Thankspost #25464 of 3294112/1/13 at 4:58amQuote:
I'm generally very impressed with those too. Unfortunately I can't help with your problem, but I couldn't help myself from pointing out the best Freudian slip ever in this thread.post #25465 of 3294112/1/13 at 7:03ampost #25466 of 3294112/1/13 at 7:56ampost #25467 of 3294112/1/13 at 11:46ampost #25468 of 3294112/1/13 at 12:28pmHey guys, for those interested in the MTO autumn speckle herringbone rivet chinos that sold out I have a size 33 that's new with side tabs that I'm getting rid of. I just don't think I would wear them that much, that's all. PM me if you're interested. (Apologies if it's against etiquette, but I wanted to give the Epaulet followers first dibs.)
I bought one of the last UK donegal ivy marl tweeds on sale and they are some of the best trousers I've ever seen. I already had the ironwood, but I'm considering ordering the navy and salt/pepper versions too along with a navy jacket to make a suit. Does anyone here mix and match the navy donegal jacket with the other donegal trousers for maximum versatility?post #25469 of 3294112/1/13 at 12:54pmFall Fit Contest Gallery
The gauntlet has been thrown! I put together a Flickr Gallery to hold all of the submission images so far:
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE FLICKR GALLERY
If I missed anyone's submission so far, then please let me know and I'll put in in there. I know that a lot of you guys were working hard on photos over Thanksgiving, so we're really jazzed to see what you came up with!
Couple things from my side:
MTO SHIRTS & FACTORY FINDS
I'm thrilled to say that we'll restart both of these programs within the next few weeks! Our new MTO shirt program is a little bit smaller, yet a bit larger than before. You'll have to order our pattern (chest, body length, collar is fixed), but you can specify a sleeve length. And the options for in-stock fabrics, collars, pockets, buttons, and cuffs is radically expanded. And you can do fun stuff like monograms, contrast collars, and french plackets.
Another thing: we've always had a large amount of guys who like the Gitman Vintage / Ashland Fit. By request, we'll be able to offer MTO shirts in those fits as well.
To that end: we'll have a GONZO factory finds round with shirts in about a week or so. I get the final swatches in a few days. They'll be a ton to choose from - with plenty of pricey European fabrics in there - and the pricing will be great.
You guys have some great watches out there! The one from my fit pic is a Rolex "coke" GMT - it's from the mid 90's. This is definitely my go-to watch, and the one that I wear more frequently than anything else. It's a great size, you can wear it dressed up or dressed down, it's tough, it's waterproof, etc. The case is thinner and smaller than the Submariner, and I have a smaller wrist, so it works better for me. If anyone out there is considering the jump into a Swiss watch, then I'd heartily recommend getting a used GMT. They hold their value exceptionally well - especially if you buy it with papers - so they're easy to resell if you decide that you want something different in the future.
Ever since we stopped carrying MKII watches, I get pretty regular emails asking where to find an affordable entry-level automatic watch. I always recommend three places for this:
1. Seiko 5 watches. These are the cheapest option, and you can often find them on ebay for under $100. This was my first automatic watch, and they're a great value. Most of the designs are pretty fugly, but they have a good amount of minimal, pared-down ones.
2. The Seiko Spirit. You can typically buy it from Seiya Japan. Looks like the dude closed his site until 12/5, but check it out when it comes back up. This watch costs about $350 and it's beautiful in person. I don't think that this value can be matched.
3. For a European product that's getting into the $1K price, check out Junghans, Nomos, or Stowa. All of these brands have great looking, quality pieces. Entry-level Sinn watches are around $1K too. Resell on them is pretty good too, so if you want to trade up to something Swiss down the road, you'll get a good portion back of what you paid for it.
The camera is a Leica M240 with a Summilux 50/1.4. I waited nearly a year on the preorder and just got it a few weeks ago. It's been pretty great, and it's really a joy to use. I've shot film Leica's for years, and there's something to be said for the intimacy of composing images on a rangefinder.
That said, had I known that Sony was going to put out the A7, then I would have surely gotten that over the Leica M. The A7 is a new compact full-frame digital that can take really nice Sony Zeiss glass AND Leica lenses. So much of your final image quality depends upon the sensor and the in-camera processing, and Sony's going to have a pretty serious edge on Leica in that department. Mounting a Leica lens on a Sony full-frame body will give you some of the best digital images possible.post #25470 of 3294112/1/13 at 1:12pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1927 Active Users (406 Members and 1521 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 34 seconds ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 59 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Where to buy a suit in Washington, DC? 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)