Anyone want to talk me off of this potential sartorial disaster? Am I being cray cray here?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:01 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1667
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24992 of 4127711/13/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
Just ordered a few items and couldn't help but tack on these.post #24993 of 4127711/13/13 at 5:23pmQuote:
Yeah I had the same experience with the tweeds. I have four pairs of 32" Walt trousers. Fit has not been consistent.
Hopsack Walts - Fit beautifully from day 1. What a sweet pair of pants.
Nori Walts - Ran small. Had to have the tailor let out a full inch.
Nightshade Walts - A little bigger than the Hopsacks, but decent.
Herringbone UK Tweed Walt - Baggy. Made a stupid mistake and had them hemmed anyway because I was in a rush. What can I say.post #24994 of 4127711/13/13 at 6:31pmpost #24995 of 4127711/13/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
You said you wear 32 right?
Letting out the waist is pretty inexpensive. I think it's about 15 bucks.
To taper the sides can be more pricey.post #24996 of 4127711/13/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
I'm a 31/32 depending on the situation. These pants are roomy so going down 1" may not result in a perfectly slim fit. I will report back.post #24997 of 4127711/13/13 at 7:33pmpost #24998 of 4127711/14/13 at 3:21amQuote:
Def not cray cray man. These, in fact, may be the perfect shoe to experiment with like that. The rubber sole on them would make them bad ass even if the dye job got messed up and the white suede is a great "blank" canvas. Go for it, and post the results here!
Wearing my orange tweed today...those pants are so dope.post #24999 of 4127711/14/13 at 6:35amQuote:This picture is fantastic. I makes me long for cold days to finally arrive around here. It also makes me want a hat like that, if for no other reason than to console myself for the fact that I will never have a beard like that.Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Speaking of cold weather, 26 this morning...feels like 18, so:
Howlin' Scarf from EP
Fisherman Sweater (same Medium as my shirt size) THIS THING RULES! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #25000 of 4127711/14/13 at 7:23ampost #25001 of 4127711/14/13 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by wj4Quote:Dude, I work in West Hills, 10 mins from Topanga Mall. When are we meeting up for pics?!Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Ok, two things:
1. 50 degrees F is COLD. I break out the Stark or a jacket or something when it dips below 70.
2. It's 90 degrees F in Woodland Hills today (where my office is). I would kill for some "weather" right about now. Jealous of you guys that are able to wear more interesting clothing...
I'll see your "Topanga Mall" and raise you "karaoke night"post #25002 of 4127711/14/13 at 8:55amQuote:
I went with the Alden-based advice Epaulet gives:Quote:
"For our Alden customers, Solvair sizing approximately works with their lasts as such:
I wear a 12 in Barrie (and Wolverine 1K, which fits a lot like Barrie or Trubalance), so I got the 11, and it's just right for me.post #25003 of 4127711/14/13 at 9:33ampost #25004 of 4127711/14/13 at 11:15amQuote:
I have the older version of the shirt jacket in Medium. I am 5'8 and I thought the length of the jacket is good.
Yes, I think so.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Cars We Drive! 22 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Straight Tip Boot and Handsewn Moccasin 10E 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...