Anyone want to talk me off of this potential sartorial disaster? Am I being cray cray here?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 12:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1667post #24992 of 5981411/13/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
Just ordered a few items and couldn't help but tack on these.post #24993 of 5981411/13/13 at 5:23pmQuote:
Yeah I had the same experience with the tweeds. I have four pairs of 32" Walt trousers. Fit has not been consistent.
Hopsack Walts - Fit beautifully from day 1. What a sweet pair of pants.
Nori Walts - Ran small. Had to have the tailor let out a full inch.
Nightshade Walts - A little bigger than the Hopsacks, but decent.
Herringbone UK Tweed Walt - Baggy. Made a stupid mistake and had them hemmed anyway because I was in a rush. What can I say.post #24994 of 5981411/13/13 at 6:31pmpost #24995 of 5981411/13/13 at 6:55pmQuote:
You said you wear 32 right?
Letting out the waist is pretty inexpensive. I think it's about 15 bucks.
To taper the sides can be more pricey.post #24996 of 5981411/13/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
I'm a 31/32 depending on the situation. These pants are roomy so going down 1" may not result in a perfectly slim fit. I will report back.post #24997 of 5981411/13/13 at 7:33pmpost #24998 of 5981411/14/13 at 3:21amQuote:
Def not cray cray man. These, in fact, may be the perfect shoe to experiment with like that. The rubber sole on them would make them bad ass even if the dye job got messed up and the white suede is a great "blank" canvas. Go for it, and post the results here!
Wearing my orange tweed today...those pants are so dope.post #24999 of 5981411/14/13 at 6:35amQuote:This picture is fantastic. I makes me long for cold days to finally arrive around here. It also makes me want a hat like that, if for no other reason than to console myself for the fact that I will never have a beard like that.Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Speaking of cold weather, 26 this morning...feels like 18, so:
Howlin' Scarf from EP
Fisherman Sweater (same Medium as my shirt size) THIS THING RULES! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #25000 of 5981411/14/13 at 7:23ampost #25001 of 5981411/14/13 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by wj4Quote:Dude, I work in West Hills, 10 mins from Topanga Mall. When are we meeting up for pics?!Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Ok, two things:
1. 50 degrees F is COLD. I break out the Stark or a jacket or something when it dips below 70.
2. It's 90 degrees F in Woodland Hills today (where my office is). I would kill for some "weather" right about now. Jealous of you guys that are able to wear more interesting clothing...
I'll see your "Topanga Mall" and raise you "karaoke night"post #25002 of 5981411/14/13 at 8:55amQuote:
I went with the Alden-based advice Epaulet gives:Quote:
"For our Alden customers, Solvair sizing approximately works with their lasts as such:
I wear a 12 in Barrie (and Wolverine 1K, which fits a lot like Barrie or Trubalance), so I got the 11, and it's just right for me.post #25003 of 5981411/14/13 at 9:33ampost #25004 of 5981411/14/13 at 11:15amQuote:
I have the older version of the shirt jacket in Medium. I am 5'8 and I thought the length of the jacket is good.
Yes, I think so.post #25005 of 5981411/14/13 at 11:54am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 50 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 52 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 18 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › E.G. Alderley Rosewood Country Calf BNIB 23 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 25 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...