or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1629

post #24421 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille View Post

Question for SoCal guys.  I'm ready to purchase my next pair of Walts, and would really like a pair of Wool ones.  Out of the current selection, which would you go with to work with our weather?  

Note that I already own a pair of hopsack-like trousers.  I love Nightshade, but it's sold out in my size, and I'm weary that they might be too warm for my tastes (I tend to sweat easily).

The hopsacks are great for SoCal! Today I'm wearing the dove gray. I'd definetly go for another color. The burgundy is on my list when they're restocked.

It looks like the stock is low, but the gray merino side-tabs are great as well. I wore them well into the summer.

The oxford gray flannel are heavier, like the nightshade. I've worn them both a couple times, but they do get warm. Under 70° is best … but one time it was pushing 75° and I survived wink.gif
post #24422 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post


The hopsacks are great for SoCal! Today I'm wearing the dove gray. I'd definetly go for another color. The burgundy is on my list when they're restocked.

It looks like the stock is low, but the gray merino side-tabs are great as well. I wore them well into the summer.

The oxford gray flannel are heavier, like the nightshade. I've worn them both a couple times, but they do get warm. Under 70° is best … but one time it was pushing 75° and I survived wink.gif

I'll have to check out the Merinos!

 

I'm weary of flannels and tweeds for SoCal for the exact reason of warmth.  But darn it, I love the way the tweeds look!

post #24423 of 31887
I live in so cal and own several of the tweeds and flannels and wear them daily. I figure I work in a business with AC, and I'm not spending much time outside, so it doesn't matter much.
post #24424 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

I live in so cal and own several of the tweeds and flannels and wear them daily. I figure I work in a business with AC, and I'm not spending much time outside, so it doesn't matter much.

 

Yep, me too.

post #24425 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

I live in so cal and own several of the tweeds and flannels and wear them daily. I figure I work in a business with AC, and I'm not spending much time outside, so it doesn't matter much.

 

I do spend some time outside going from location to location, so that's one of my worries.

post #24426 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille View Post

I do spend some time outside going from location to location, so that's one of my worries.

If you're near the ocean like me, breeze will nullify the heat. Otherwise, if you're inland, go for the hopsacks/tropical wool etc. Or just wear a breath-able shirt to try and compensate. (I've done linen/cotton mix shirt to help offset before, weird combo, but it works, and the tweed was worth it!)
post #24427 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmindc View Post

Any chance you have the Alt Wien Scotchgrain Carminas (UK10/US11) and Olive Ripstop Rivet Chinos (33) available to try on in either of your NYC locations?

 

We have the Alt Wien in the Manhattan shop. Unfortunately, the olive Ripstop is in Santa Monica. We have a couple of other colors you could try on for sizing, however.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post
 

Is there material available for special Walt order in either the Olive Tree Herringbone UK Tweed or Mocha Lambswool Flannel? I can't decide which to order. The tweed looks a bit more casual, which is good for me, but the flannel will keep me warmer in the DC winter. Are both of those going to be regularly stocked fabrics, or do I need to jump on one before it's gone forever?

 

They're both about the same weight, so I wouldn't say one will necessarily be warmer than the other. Both of these should get you through a DC winter just fine. The tweed is more coarse and feels a bit more substantial, but mostly to do with the way tweed is woven vs flannel.

 

I would jump on them sooner rather than later. Drop me a PM if you want to put in a special order.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Dude...Mike! Let me know when your camo chinos get in. We need to do a photo opt being matchy matchy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


Carmina Chelsea boots today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Got this bad boy in the mail. This is my 3rd wool layering cardigan from Epaulet. Got a gray and french blue from 2 years ago and still loving those too. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Looks like a new handwriting! I don't recognize this one, haha. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

WHOOOOOOA! You knocked this one straight out of the park. I think the ball is still in the air, actually. 

 

Glad you dig the sweater! And that's Jason Priest...err...Logan's writing. Far more readable than my chicken-scratch.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
 

Epaulet: knowing the customers' steez since 2008.

 

:slayer:

 

:cheers:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
 

Question for SoCal guys.  I'm ready to purchase my next pair of Walts, and would really like a pair of Wool ones.  Out of the current selection, which would you go with to work with our weather?  

 

Note that I already own a pair of hopsack-like trousers.  I love Nightshade, but it's sold out in my size, and I'm weary that they might be too warm for my tastes (I tend to sweat easily).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post


The hopsacks are great for SoCal! Today I'm wearing the dove gray. I'd definetly go for another color. The burgundy is on my list when they're restocked.

It looks like the stock is low, but the gray merino side-tabs are great as well. I wore them well into the summer.

The oxford gray flannel are heavier, like the nightshade. I've worn them both a couple times, but they do get warm. Under 70° is best … but one time it was pushing 75° and I survived wink.gif

 

I would echo the guys' responses so far. The Hopsack, Super 120's and Merino are definitely the best year-round SoCal fabrics.

 

I would say most of the basic flannels (Oxford Grey, Navy, etc) will be pretty comfortable in the 65-70 and below range. They're pretty damn perfect also.

 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymilwaukee View Post

Ok so my Rivets shipped Saturday, or at least I was emailed that they did, but the tracking information has displayed the same message the entire time which is that only the electronic shipping info has been received. No updates since Saturday. It says Priority 2 Day mail. Anybody know if this is just USPS being difficult?

 

Sorry about that! As someone stated, we don't get a pickup on Sunday and we're closed Monday. If the tracking hasn't updated by around the time we close (7:30) this evening, drop me a line and I'll check into it.

post #24428 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


If you're near the ocean like me, breeze will nullify the heat. Otherwise, if you're inland, go for the hopsacks/tropical wool etc. Or just wear a breath-able shirt to try and compensate. (I've done linen/cotton mix shirt to help offset before, weird combo, but it works, and the tweed was worth it!)

 

Cool! Thanks for the tip!

post #24429 of 31887
Is there much in the way of shirting on tap over the next few weeks? More flannels? With MTO shirting on a longer integration I'd love to hear what's new there...
post #24430 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

Is there much in the way of shirting on tap over the next few weeks? More flannels? With MTO shirting on a longer integration I'd love to hear what's new there...

The only new shirting for the season is our EPLA heavyweight denim shirts (western shirt & utility shirt). Those are planned for late November. In terms of flannels and fall styles, the entire season has been delivered. We don't have any restocks on order, so the inventory now is all that we'll have on the seasonal styles.
post #24431 of 31887
Ok, thanks for the update!
post #24432 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Not dumb at all. Yes, you can definitely iron the back of your LBM jacket - it's cotton. I'd use a low setting just to be safe. It's not particularly delicate, but you don't want to risk burning it.

And, definitely consider joining the "Steam Team" sometime in the future. Getting a stand up steamer will change your life. I haven't used an ironing board in 10 years. We keep this in all three of our stores:

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-GS7RXF-Compact-Upright-1600-Watt/dp/B00063QMIA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1381889627&sr=8-5&keywords=conair+steamer

I'm surprised by this. I'd highly recommend you spend some more and get the Made in USA Jiffy. It is a fine piece of engineering, especially the one with the wooden handle.
post #24433 of 31887
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Dude...Mike! Let me know when your camo chinos get in. We need to do a photo opt being matchy matchy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


Carmina Chelsea boots today:


wj4 - sometimes you genuinely puzzle me with your sartorial choices. But other times you TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF! Like this time. Outstanding look all around.
post #24434 of 31887

Hey Mike, 



 



Wanted to ask you whether this issomething the tailor can take care of? I received the pants as is and was wondering if cutting out the seam will release the split waist band. 



 



<br />



 



 



Also, are the flannels usually cut baggier than the lighter fabrics such as the Walt 120s?  My four other pairs of walts in lighter fabric are all similar in size, but my flannel is a tad larger, so I had to bring it to a tailor to get it tapered. Is it better to downsize in the heavier fabric and adjust the waist? Thanks. 


Edited by JezeC - 10/23/13 at 1:59pm
post #24435 of 31887

Matt, meant to ask you when I saw you - are any moleskins coming in this fall?  Also, will there be a restock of the ironwood tweeds?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread