Mike - will all of these new Fall/Winter Walt's be restock items or are there some that are one and done runs?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1623post #24331 of 4359810/18/13 at 11:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24332 of 4359810/18/13 at 12:03pm
Yup, we have some BEAUTIFUL gloves. All hand made in Naples. I ran out of time to get them online last night, but we'll work on them over the weekend.
Absolutely. Fabric should be at the factory early next week.Quote:Originally Posted by FLW
This. That capsule collection is outstanding. I love new product days here in Epaulet-land. The Samuelsohns are like the suave older brother of the existing lineup. I like that the collection has its own feel rather than just being a fully canvassed version of what already exists in the Southwick collection.
Thanks guys, it's been great to see the feedback on our Samuelsohn collection! They make really phenomenal products, and like Carmina/Vass their jackets sit nicely across from Southwick, with both of them offering a ton of value for their respective price points. I'll write more about each piece a little later today.Quote:
We actually can order a matching Rain System trouser for anyone who's interested. I don't have the Walt fit available yet with Samuelsohn, but they do a modern shape which is pretty close to the Rudy and a very slim shape which is the Phineas Cole fit. We'll have the Samuelsohn custom fabric box in about a week and we'll be able to offer a range of MTO options this season.Quote:
Yup, we have them in both NYC stores. They'll be in Santa Monica in about a week.Quote:
Good question! I'll check it out today and geat back to you. The hand is going to be different on them, but I suspect that it could work.Quote:
I looked at the Gable originally and our cut is substantially slimmer and more tapered. I can certainly ask Samuelsohn for a recommendation on what size of our fit would speak best to a 42 Gable. They have a CAD system there, so it should be pretty accurate. Or if you like our fabrics, it's no problem for us to order you a custom MTO Gable in them too. We have access to all of their shapes.
And for the cashmere... that would be one awesome suit! I'd have to advise against it in all good conscience though. You rarely see a 100% cashmere trouser because the fabric is so fine. You'd have to wear the trousers very sparingly. The thighs and seat would wear out really fast. A plush cashmere like that is no problem for a jacket but your legs and hips will put a lot more stress on a garment.Quote:Originally Posted by Irish
I'm deciding between the Nightshade Herringbone, the Navy Donegal, and the Navy Lambswool Flannel -- and I can't decide. Any preferences here, pros/cons?
All three look incredible. I've really liked some of the fit pics I've seen of the Donegal, and it seems like Donegal/Nightshade might pair well with more colors than the flannel. But damn if that lambswool doesn't have 30-degrees-walk-to-work written all over it.
Thanks for any input.
If we've got Nightshade left in your size then you should go with that. It's pretty much as easy to match as a navy trouser - but you have the added bonus that you can wear it with a navy jacket. It's just cool as hell.Quote:Originally Posted by eddiemczee
I'm in a similar boat and am thinking about getting the navy flannel, just becomes it seems like it would be the most versatile. With that said, i'm also trying to debate what other colors I should get and how they will compliment my existing fall wardrobe. I wish the swatches to the FF Sportscoats were still up because I want to see how well some of these trousers would look with the patterns that I ordered.
Really thinking about the Sandy Orange, but I already own Blaze twill Walts and does one need two pairs of orange pants?
Drop us an email with the jackets that you ordered - Matt will be happy to suggest a matching trouser or two for each one. We do that all of the time.
And yes, you can never have enough orange pants. Orange pants are so fresh!Quote:
Either way you'll be covered with Tarrago. It's totally safe to use on suede.Quote:
We ordered the fabric before opening the Santa Monica store and ended up cutting nearly all of it to cover inventory for all three shops. We'll have enough cloth for Rudies in all of these fabrics, but it's doubtful that we'll do another round of Walts in them - especially the more colorful tweeds.Quote:Originally Posted by plato
(x-post from the Epaulet x Carmina MTO thread) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)It's not quite the same sort of made to order as is usually discussed in this thread, but I recently put in a special order from Epaulet for a pair of these:
more info after the (sorry for the backyard, sunwashed, non-pro, phone-)pics...
There's a bit of a story to the process by which I got these. After some disappointing results in the effort to find my size in Alden's shoeware, I eventually learned that I have rather small feet, so, when I wanted to order my first pair of carmina shoes, Epaulet was a great choice, because they allowed me to put in a special order ahead of time for a pair of their hawthorne suede loafers in UK 6.5 (here). By joining my special order to their regular production cycle, an order they were going to submit to carmina anyway, I was able to avoid special order fees, but it did involve a bit of a wait.
The order was taken, with the nice help of Matt (leftofthedial) to dial in my size, in the spring, with an estimated delivery date of june-july. That time rolled around, but I didn't hear anything. When I dropped a line to Epaulet, they responded, both times, in a timely manner with the best info they had about carmina's production and delivery schedule. When one particular delivery came in, and the shoes were expected to arrive, I was notified that Epaulet thought that a whole box of their shoes had disappeared in customs in Spain. As compensation, they offered to let me keep my deposit as a store credit to use it on whatever else with a bit of a discount, which I thought was a stand-up way of dealing with an issue out of the store's control.
A month or more later I was still thinking about what to do with my store credit when, out of the blue, the guys at epaulet dropped me a line to say the shoes were in and would ship as soon as I paid the balance. And here they are.
Don't think I could be more pleased with them. The quality of the materials seems great (though these are my first pair of nice suede shoes, so I'm not an expert), and the level of finishing is superb. I couldn't find a stitch out of place, a loose thread end, or a rough edge anywhere on the pair. The fit seems good too, snug without being tight and no heel slip. I couldn't remember whether Matt originally mentioned it or not (he probably did and I forgot), but it was a great surprise when the loafers arrived with the color of edge trim that they have, instead of the darker trim on the older model pictured on Epaulet's website.
All the way through the process there was great service from the team at Epaulet, and the end product looks great so far. Picked up some nanoprotector from Epaulet too and applied it today. The shoes should be worn out of the house for the first time on sunday. Am really looking forward to it. My thanks to Epaulet.
Thanks so much for posting up this story! We're thrilled that you're so pleased with the shoes!post #24333 of 4359810/18/13 at 12:35pmpost #24334 of 4359810/18/13 at 12:42pmpost #24335 of 4359810/18/13 at 1:31pmpost #24336 of 4359810/18/13 at 4:07pmpost #24337 of 4359810/18/13 at 4:19pmpost #24338 of 4359810/18/13 at 4:24pmpost #24339 of 4359810/18/13 at 5:04pmpost #24340 of 4359810/18/13 at 5:06pmpost #24341 of 4359810/18/13 at 5:38pmpost #24342 of 4359810/18/13 at 5:39pmpost #24343 of 4359810/18/13 at 6:14pm
I actually bought an Ovadia shawl collar sweater jacket, tried it on, but wasnt in love with it (tags still on it haha). I actually contacted the store and they let me know that their version of the sweater is made in the same factory as Ovadia's so they are the same weight. I will definitely be offloading my Ovadia for the Epaulet!!!! Plus...colors!!!!post #24344 of 4359810/18/13 at 6:15pmpost #24345 of 4359810/18/13 at 6:27pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 26 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan