I'm actually about ready for some cooler weather... Will regret saying that around Jan. or so. 😀
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:09 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1615post #24211 of 4519610/14/13 at 3:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24212 of 4519610/14/13 at 4:09pmpost #24213 of 4519610/14/13 at 4:13pmpost #24214 of 4519610/14/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
My flannels from the past are heavier weight than the oxfords by a bit...not crazy heavy by weight but flannel will always be a little warmer due its finish I think.
Can't speak to the most current releases though, but I'm sure someone here can.post #24215 of 4519610/14/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
Ah, the Southeast. I'll be in the second city in January, so I'll share that regret.Quote:
They are, but not insanely so. I've handled all of the current flannel shirts, and they're a good medium weight. If you remember the cream or multi check shirts from last fall, which were a very heavy flannel, the current shirts are a shade lighter. They're substantial, but I never feel overheated in them (whereas sometimes I do overheat in my cream flannel shirt with a sweater indoors). Hope that helps. That baby blue, btw, is nutso. A gorgeous fabric.post #24216 of 4519610/14/13 at 6:12pmpost #24217 of 4519610/14/13 at 7:58pmpost #24218 of 4519610/14/13 at 10:55pmpost #24219 of 4519610/14/13 at 11:23pmpost #24220 of 4519610/15/13 at 1:33am
Agreed, that looks great!Quote:
No, they have the same sleeves as all of the other jackets, and pretty much share that overall proportion with all of Southwick's coats. I know what you're saying though, nearly any jacket will look like the cuff is a bit flared when your arms are in certain positions.Quote:
Yes sir! Got half coming tomorrow, the other half on Wednesday. We'll have the full line up for sale by Friday - along with all of the Rudy preorders.Quote:
Yup, about one week out. A Harris Tweed overcoat from Southwick. We'll also have a down leather puffer jacket from Schott, a perfecto-style leather motorcycle jacket, a snuff suede blazer, and the melton wool CPO jacket.
Man. I have no idea where the hell we're going to put all of this. I need to remember to rent bigger stores the next time around.Quote:Originally Posted by thecool85
I finally got a chance to stop by the Santa Monica store on Friday evening and had the pleasure of meeting Mike and Adele for the first time. It's not like I needed any further convincing to cement my status as a lifetime Epaulet customer, but if I did, they would have managed to do so and then some. It was awesome to finally meet the faces behind my favorite clothing brand and to be able to talk clothing and style with people whose knowledge of the industry vastly exceeds my own. I got a chance to check out some swatches of the MTO fabrics (that wool corduroy is freaking awesome) and Mike was kind enough to give me a sneak peak at some of the upcoming pieces of the Epaulet LA line. If your tastes at all align with my own, prepare to have your mind blown. There were some awesome pieces there. I'm really looking forward to the new Epaulet t-shirt.
As much fun as it was drooling over all the amazing product, the highlight of the evening for me was drinking Bulleit Rye with Mike and talking about things totally unrelated to clothing. The same qualities and personality traits that make he and Adele amazing retailers, makes them all around amazing people as well. It was a true pleasure getting to meet them. Also, between Clarence Carter's "Strokin" and R Kelly's "Real Talk", there was no shortage of class or elegance for the evening.
Thanks so much - it was great meeting you too! Hanging out with our West Coast customers has been one of the best things about expanding the business here. It's very inspirational to meet you guys!
And, my god, R.Kelly's "Real Talk" is the gift that keeps on giving. Dylan and I were just talking about it today. It's from 2007. It's been consistently hilarious for over six years. I can't imagine a time when I am ever sick of watching it.
And "Strokin" is Dylan and Matt's sworn Karaoke jam. They both proudly sang it in a college-age disco in Florence during our Summertime Pitti trip. Is was then that I realized that all of the #menswear guys were having a much more sophisticated time there than we were. That song is hilarious.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
^EP, it's a lifestyle. 😄
Surreptitious airport shot with Marcello guncheck and cobalt blue linen FF Walts.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Color combo of the pants are jacket are super boss here!Quote:
Yup, all of our flannels are. The $150 flannels are the thickest of the bunch, especially the "Nighthawk" and the three Buffalo check ones. The $195 flannels are a much finer cloth and a bit lighter, but still very much a Fall/Winter piece.Quote:
No, unfortunately we're totally tapped out of that. But we'll have about 10 more fabrics to show you in a few days and they'll be enough to reorder any of them.Quote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
From EP's FB page:
Epaulet Wilshire Selvedge Jean final fit trial
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for posting that! I actually have a bunch of sample images and thoughts to share with you guys about the new Epaulet Los Angeles (think that we're going to call it EPLA for short) line is going to be. We're looking at a launch around November everything. There's some really exciting things in work! Me, Matt, and Adele have all been working together to make it happen.post #24221 of 4519610/15/13 at 3:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks for posting that! I actually have a bunch of sample images and thoughts to share with you guys about the new Epaulet Los Angeles (think that we're going to call it EPLA for short) line is going to be. We're looking at a launch around November everything. There's some really exciting things in work! Me, Matt, and Adele have all been working together to make it happen.post #24222 of 4519610/15/13 at 5:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks for posting that! I actually have a bunch of sample images and thoughts to share with you guys about the new Epaulet Los Angeles (think that we're going to call it EPLA for short) line is going to be. We're looking at a launch around November everything. There's some really exciting things in work! Me, Matt, and Adele have all been working together to make it happen.
Mike--you are burning the midnight oil again...will there be a Rudy fit equivalent of the jeans for us large thigh guys?post #24223 of 4519610/15/13 at 6:39amQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Who took the picture, Frank?
Caramel ducks: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Timer shot with iPhone propped up against a water bottle on counter. I'm pretty shy about taking obvious photos of myself in public. Thus the unusual angle and odd cropping. It's not of wj4/SVB/NYI quality, but it gives you the idea. 😊post #24224 of 4519610/15/13 at 7:00am
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Sole Peeling on John Lobb Hutton's? 2 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 18 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 30 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Help me find this jacket 36 minutes ago
- › New Fashion Wholesalers or Dropshippers? 37 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...