Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 11:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 12:03 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1600post #23987 of 5982910/5/13 at 12:08pmpost #23988 of 5982910/5/13 at 12:48pm
Just wanted to check in with you guys before doing something stupid with my blazer.
So I went to my tailor today to dial in the sides for my FF navy blazer. He said it was necessary to take out the lining from the inside to taper the sides. Another way is to taper it from the back and not touch the linings on the inside at all.
He said to do it from the back is also cheaper since he would not have to take out the lining from the side and restitch. Looking for some insights. Thanks.post #23989 of 5982910/5/13 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
JezeC you may be thinking of the tailors across the street, who do hems while you wait. I would use Pablo or Eduardo, though, for getting a jacket taken in, as that's a more complex operation that shouldn't really be done on an "express" basis.
I'd swing by Stanton and ask Pablo what the wait on jacket work is. He does amazing work and his prices can't be beat. If the wait's lengthy, then head over to Allen Tailoring and see Eduardo. I've had jackets taken in by both Pablo and Eduardo with great results.
I've had a jacket taken in and sleeves shortened at the shoulder with great results by Eduardo at Allen Tailoring. I decided to give Pablo at Stanton a try today and took a factory finds jacket to him. He quoted a week turnaround time to take it in and shorten the sleeves. He praised the quality of Epaulet stuff although mentioned that Epaulet customers are very particular about their alteration requests...
Stopped by the store and picked up the single-breasted Veneto and have to echo previous comments: production quality on this thing is top notch and the fabric is absolutely badass. Looking forward to colder weather to try this thing out in the field. Also, I think my favorite new shoe I saw in the store was the burnished Carmina Alt Wien. Seemed like the perfect fall shoe.post #23990 of 5982910/5/13 at 2:17pmIndian Summer, Ragamuffin Parade in Bay Ridge.
Epaulet Bridle Leather Belt on Peter Pan (with Hook and Izzy):
Fight to the...well...laugh
The Tickle Shot:
The Hero is Victorious:
Got asked where I got my Robin Hood costume by a thousand people. No way was I shaving for this, but on the 31st I'll have made myself a bow and arrow to avoid confusion. Did sign an autograph for a three year old though, who knew I was Peter Pan.
Enjoy the weekend lads!post #23991 of 5982910/5/13 at 2:56pmpost #23992 of 5982910/5/13 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by pronxs
Wow, anyone who wears a UK10 better jump on these
Rob - that's the best use of the bridle leather belt I've seen ITT yet
And I got my shipping for the last round of Rivet special orders as well. I got the autumn herringbone, plus I ordered the chocolate duck and moss duck MTO with an extended inseam and flaps on the back pockets - all shipping together! It's my first time trying any of the new options with the Rivet MTO program so I'm excited to see how they turn out.post #23993 of 5982910/5/13 at 3:28pmpost #23994 of 5982910/5/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Yeah man, be happy to.. Check back in a day or so. IIRC, the model name of the last Belstaff coat I posted is "Maple".post #23995 of 5982910/5/13 at 6:34pmpost #23996 of 5982910/5/13 at 7:11pmpost #23997 of 5982910/5/13 at 8:34pmpost #23998 of 5982910/5/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Gloverall Slim Duffle Coats
This thing is basically perfect. Warm heavy wool with a self plaid liner. Made in UK. Razor-sharp slim fit with armholes deep enough to accommodate a sportcoat.
Mike- These are ill! What model is this, if I can ask. A friend just ordered the Monty and the Gloverall website isn't helpful, Vingate, Regular, and Original fits- sound all the same to me! I'd be trying on his to go between a 36/38
Also curious if there are any pea coats in the future to get my classics fix.
EP 4 Life!post #23999 of 5982910/6/13 at 2:25ampost #24000 of 5982910/6/13 at 11:15amDoes anyone have any recommendations for something that's available in 34R and a bit less formal that the Herringbone Hopsack Napoli Sportcoat? I picked that up from the Factory Finds earlier this year but decided to part with it instead of trying to get it adjusted, so I'm on the lookout for something similar, preferably cotton.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 44 seconds ago
- › Anthony Cleverley Churchill 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › BNIB Louis Vuitton Monte Carlo Loafers in Crocodile Leather Size 11 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Rota Pant Blowout Sale 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 16 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 18 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...