Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:03 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1600
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23987 of 3744310/5/13 at 12:08pmpost #23988 of 3744310/5/13 at 12:48pm
Just wanted to check in with you guys before doing something stupid with my blazer.
So I went to my tailor today to dial in the sides for my FF navy blazer. He said it was necessary to take out the lining from the inside to taper the sides. Another way is to taper it from the back and not touch the linings on the inside at all.
He said to do it from the back is also cheaper since he would not have to take out the lining from the side and restitch. Looking for some insights. Thanks.post #23989 of 3744310/5/13 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
JezeC you may be thinking of the tailors across the street, who do hems while you wait. I would use Pablo or Eduardo, though, for getting a jacket taken in, as that's a more complex operation that shouldn't really be done on an "express" basis.
I'd swing by Stanton and ask Pablo what the wait on jacket work is. He does amazing work and his prices can't be beat. If the wait's lengthy, then head over to Allen Tailoring and see Eduardo. I've had jackets taken in by both Pablo and Eduardo with great results.
I've had a jacket taken in and sleeves shortened at the shoulder with great results by Eduardo at Allen Tailoring. I decided to give Pablo at Stanton a try today and took a factory finds jacket to him. He quoted a week turnaround time to take it in and shorten the sleeves. He praised the quality of Epaulet stuff although mentioned that Epaulet customers are very particular about their alteration requests...
Stopped by the store and picked up the single-breasted Veneto and have to echo previous comments: production quality on this thing is top notch and the fabric is absolutely badass. Looking forward to colder weather to try this thing out in the field. Also, I think my favorite new shoe I saw in the store was the burnished Carmina Alt Wien. Seemed like the perfect fall shoe.post #23990 of 3744310/5/13 at 2:17pmIndian Summer, Ragamuffin Parade in Bay Ridge.
Epaulet Bridle Leather Belt on Peter Pan (with Hook and Izzy):
Fight to the...well...laugh
The Tickle Shot:
The Hero is Victorious:
Got asked where I got my Robin Hood costume by a thousand people. No way was I shaving for this, but on the 31st I'll have made myself a bow and arrow to avoid confusion. Did sign an autograph for a three year old though, who knew I was Peter Pan.
Enjoy the weekend lads!post #23991 of 3744310/5/13 at 2:56pmpost #23992 of 3744310/5/13 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by pronxs
Wow, anyone who wears a UK10 better jump on these
Rob - that's the best use of the bridle leather belt I've seen ITT yet
And I got my shipping for the last round of Rivet special orders as well. I got the autumn herringbone, plus I ordered the chocolate duck and moss duck MTO with an extended inseam and flaps on the back pockets - all shipping together! It's my first time trying any of the new options with the Rivet MTO program so I'm excited to see how they turn out.post #23993 of 3744310/5/13 at 3:28pmpost #23994 of 3744310/5/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Yeah man, be happy to.. Check back in a day or so. IIRC, the model name of the last Belstaff coat I posted is "Maple".post #23995 of 3744310/5/13 at 6:34pmpost #23996 of 3744310/5/13 at 7:11pmpost #23997 of 3744310/5/13 at 8:34pmpost #23998 of 3744310/5/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Gloverall Slim Duffle Coats
This thing is basically perfect. Warm heavy wool with a self plaid liner. Made in UK. Razor-sharp slim fit with armholes deep enough to accommodate a sportcoat.
Mike- These are ill! What model is this, if I can ask. A friend just ordered the Monty and the Gloverall website isn't helpful, Vingate, Regular, and Original fits- sound all the same to me! I'd be trying on his to go between a 36/38
Also curious if there are any pea coats in the future to get my classics fix.
EP 4 Life!post #23999 of 3744310/6/13 at 2:25ampost #24000 of 3744310/6/13 at 11:15amDoes anyone have any recommendations for something that's available in 34R and a bit less formal that the Herringbone Hopsack Napoli Sportcoat? I picked that up from the Factory Finds earlier this year but decided to part with it instead of trying to get it adjusted, so I'm on the lookout for something similar, preferably cotton.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 2 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 41 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 41 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Friday Challenge 19th December 2014 - The Novelty Tie Challenge 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...