Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1600
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23987 of 4144610/5/13 at 12:08pmpost #23988 of 4144610/5/13 at 12:48pm
Just wanted to check in with you guys before doing something stupid with my blazer.
So I went to my tailor today to dial in the sides for my FF navy blazer. He said it was necessary to take out the lining from the inside to taper the sides. Another way is to taper it from the back and not touch the linings on the inside at all.
He said to do it from the back is also cheaper since he would not have to take out the lining from the side and restitch. Looking for some insights. Thanks.post #23989 of 4144610/5/13 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by applky
JezeC you may be thinking of the tailors across the street, who do hems while you wait. I would use Pablo or Eduardo, though, for getting a jacket taken in, as that's a more complex operation that shouldn't really be done on an "express" basis.
I'd swing by Stanton and ask Pablo what the wait on jacket work is. He does amazing work and his prices can't be beat. If the wait's lengthy, then head over to Allen Tailoring and see Eduardo. I've had jackets taken in by both Pablo and Eduardo with great results.
I've had a jacket taken in and sleeves shortened at the shoulder with great results by Eduardo at Allen Tailoring. I decided to give Pablo at Stanton a try today and took a factory finds jacket to him. He quoted a week turnaround time to take it in and shorten the sleeves. He praised the quality of Epaulet stuff although mentioned that Epaulet customers are very particular about their alteration requests...
Stopped by the store and picked up the single-breasted Veneto and have to echo previous comments: production quality on this thing is top notch and the fabric is absolutely badass. Looking forward to colder weather to try this thing out in the field. Also, I think my favorite new shoe I saw in the store was the burnished Carmina Alt Wien. Seemed like the perfect fall shoe.post #23990 of 4144610/5/13 at 2:17pmIndian Summer, Ragamuffin Parade in Bay Ridge.
Epaulet Bridle Leather Belt on Peter Pan (with Hook and Izzy):
Fight to the...well...laugh
The Tickle Shot:
The Hero is Victorious:
Got asked where I got my Robin Hood costume by a thousand people. No way was I shaving for this, but on the 31st I'll have made myself a bow and arrow to avoid confusion. Did sign an autograph for a three year old though, who knew I was Peter Pan.
Enjoy the weekend lads!post #23991 of 4144610/5/13 at 2:56pmpost #23992 of 4144610/5/13 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by pronxs
Wow, anyone who wears a UK10 better jump on these
Rob - that's the best use of the bridle leather belt I've seen ITT yet
And I got my shipping for the last round of Rivet special orders as well. I got the autumn herringbone, plus I ordered the chocolate duck and moss duck MTO with an extended inseam and flaps on the back pockets - all shipping together! It's my first time trying any of the new options with the Rivet MTO program so I'm excited to see how they turn out.post #23993 of 4144610/5/13 at 3:28pmpost #23994 of 4144610/5/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Yeah man, be happy to.. Check back in a day or so. IIRC, the model name of the last Belstaff coat I posted is "Maple".post #23995 of 4144610/5/13 at 6:34pmpost #23996 of 4144610/5/13 at 7:11pmpost #23997 of 4144610/5/13 at 8:34pmpost #23998 of 4144610/5/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Gloverall Slim Duffle Coats
This thing is basically perfect. Warm heavy wool with a self plaid liner. Made in UK. Razor-sharp slim fit with armholes deep enough to accommodate a sportcoat.
Mike- These are ill! What model is this, if I can ask. A friend just ordered the Monty and the Gloverall website isn't helpful, Vingate, Regular, and Original fits- sound all the same to me! I'd be trying on his to go between a 36/38
Also curious if there are any pea coats in the future to get my classics fix.
EP 4 Life!post #23999 of 4144610/6/13 at 2:25ampost #24000 of 4144610/6/13 at 11:15amDoes anyone have any recommendations for something that's available in 34R and a bit less formal that the Herringbone Hopsack Napoli Sportcoat? I picked that up from the Factory Finds earlier this year but decided to part with it instead of trying to get it adjusted, so I'm on the lookout for something similar, preferably cotton.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Alden George Boot Chukka Shell Cordovan Size 8D 46 seconds ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Visvim Elmendorf A2 replica black XL 25 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 32 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...