Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:53 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1594post #23896 of 3352110/2/13 at 11:38am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #23897 of 3352110/2/13 at 11:41am
I hope so. I just entered the Epaulet world a few months ago, so I am clueless when it comes to last year's offerings and what may be restocks for this year. I Google'd it though, and man I love that grey coat for the winter!post #23898 of 3352110/2/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Walt Trouser Main Delivery Swatches
Thanks for bearing with me: here are the swatches, descriptions, and prices for the main Walt delivery that we're anticipating. We should have most of them this week and the balance next week. They'll be some surprises and limited-run fabrics after this, but this lineup is going to be the bulk of our Fall offering.
At the moment, this is all that I've got to show, but if something captures your eye and you want a Rudy trouser, then just drop us an email and we'll put it into work for you. When the Walt trousers come in we'll have full photos of each fabric to really give you a sense of it.
My opinion: the UK tweeds are some of the best tweeds that we've ever been able to offer, and they're really well priced. Sandy Orange, Steel Mist, and Olive/Brown Herringbone are all freaking amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on an orange pair.
Got an update for this. The fabric came in later than anticipated, so we're not going to have these Walts for approx 7-10 more days. We've got a big restock delivery coming in tomorrow with some greatest hits of earlier runs (including the very last pieces of Nightshade), but the new stuff is going to take a bit longer.
In order for Rudy guys to get timely delivery, I'm going to build out these swatches into the Rudy preorder item. As of tomorrow, you'll be able to buy them, and with the 4-5 week delivery, you'll get them pretty soon after the Walts arrive. Fabric inventory is pretty tight on most of these, so Rudy's will be made first-come first served. The same would apply for Walt's smaller than 30 or larger than 36.Quote:
Oh yeah! Navy Lambswool Flannel, Steel Mist, and Sandy Orange would all be boss. The Grey Birdseye would be nice too. And Nightshade flannel from the last delivery would work nicely too.Quote:Originally Posted by edubs01
Thx for swatches. Some solid choices here.
I had purchased the Purple Shetland Tweeds last Fall and ultimately had to sell them b/c they were too itchy for me.
I own the Grey Donegal Tweeds you ran last Fall and I was fine with those.
How itchy would you say these new fabrics? Any I should stay away from?
Ah, sorry to hear that. A coarse hand is part of the deal with Shetland wools. You won't have to worry about that with any of these though. The flannels are VERY soft (hence the higher price than usual). And the tweeds are done in the same yarn as the Donegals, so you can expect a very similar feel in hand and weight. It's just a different color and weave.Quote:Originally Posted by Shanil
Question(s) - what last is the new Vass double monk on? How would you compare their construction and calf to say the Carminas you offer? For some reason I've always been stuck on shell cordovan so I've never owned a good pair of calf, do they have the same longevity/wonderful aging in a rotation? (also when are these dropping? )
Vass DM is on the F last. Our Fall Vass delivery is scheduled to leave Hungary this week, so we should have everything next week if there aren't any FedEx snags.
Both Vass and Carmina have excellent construction. The quality of their calfskin is quite similar too. The key differences are (1) Vass shoes are totally handmade, which is great for overall craftsmanship and a generally faster break-in, (2) Vass uses higher end sole units and materials, (3) Vass does a brilliant job at Austro-Hungarian styles. Carmina is an excellent value for the price and offers a much larger diversity in styles, lasts, and leathers that they can work with - especially in boots.
You can't go wrong with either. Both are amazing brands, and both deliver a fantastic product for their respective price point.
In terms of calf vs. shell, that's an interesting question. If you speak to a shoemaker, you'll find that the VAST majority of shell customers are in the United States. IMO that's largely due to the fact that very good calfskin is difficult to find here. It's expensive to import - especially with duties - so domestic manufacturers do not use top-shelf leathers. And many mid-range brands like Ferragamo, Prada, Bruno Magli, etc are also using somewhat mediocre leather. Shell looks brilliant compared to these calfskins, so guys (including me) flock to it.
That said, the calfskin used by Carmina, Vass, Edward Green, John Lobb, Gaizano, St. Crispins, etc is on an entirely different level. It's beautiful. It's durable. It won't gain the unique patina of shell cordovan, but it costs less, it breathes better, it creases less, and it's often much easier to break in. Nothing ages quite like shell, but proper calf ages beautifully in its own way and can also deliver years and years of wear. Aldens are overwhelmingly demanded in shell and casual leathers. But I find that the majority of our Carmina customers prefer calf shoes over shell ones (and we stock and offer a LOT of shell). I imagine that Vass will be the same.Quote:
Yup, absolutely - we have a thick cotton in both Aubergine and Maroon. Scheduled for late October. The same will go for the Rust Steep Twill restock, Olive Moleskin restock, and the first Chocolate Duck Canvas delivery.Quote:Originally Posted by Pastor
Just received the navy hopsack Barrett double breasted jacket and matching rudy trousers yesterday. The fit on that jacket is perfect. First time anything has ever fit that good with no alterations. In fact, when I went to the alterations shop today the tailor there said that there was nothing he could do to improve the fit. I did leave the jacket there to get the buttons changed out as i'm not a fan of the MOP buttons that came with it. Can't wait to get it back!
Ah that's great news - thanks so much for picking it up! I love the Barrett shape. We've had about a dozen guys order it from the Fall MTO swatches - so we can always do a custom piece for you in them. One guy bought the Italian windowpane trousers with a matching Barrett for the jacket. Can't wait to see how those make up.
You know it! I imagine that we'll get it in the next few weeks.post #23899 of 3352110/2/13 at 2:41pmQuote:
Do you have swatches of the Aubergine & Maroon? Could you build these (and the Chocolate duck) into the Rudy pre-order options also?post #23900 of 3352110/2/13 at 3:32pmpost #23901 of 3352110/2/13 at 3:33pmThis past week:
Monday, Nori Walts and after a conversation with Matt, a turn to black accessories (shoes and belt) probably not how he'd wear it, but we chatted about the simplicity of it and it forced me to reach for them instead of the usual 50 shades of brown.
Tuesday, feeling a bit hipsterish in my raw Levis with EP Bridled Leather Belt, MTO Camo Jacket and bitchin' Solovair Suede Wingtips that are a steal now (http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/country-brogue-vanilla-nubuck) and got me more compliments than ever:
Today, last day in the mid 80s here until May I assume, so one last go around for the Seersucker Napoli and White Walts, with the suede dub monks:post #23902 of 3352110/2/13 at 6:09pmpost #23903 of 3352110/2/13 at 6:49pmpost #23904 of 3352110/2/13 at 8:44pmpost #23905 of 3352110/2/13 at 9:12pmpost #23906 of 3352110/2/13 at 9:29pmpost #23907 of 3352110/2/13 at 11:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
Looking rad Frank and Rob!
Mike: Will the Nightshade trousers be at Santa Monica?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice, Rob's ties are fantastic!
And yes, we'll have the Nightshade's here early next week.Quote:
Thank you so much! This is the Kudu Antelope version, right? Agreed, the Sand Suede would make a nice compliment to it. I'd wear the British Tan Bridle leather with it too. Right now the boots are much lighter in tone, but they won't be for long.Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
This past week:
Monday, Nori Walts and after a conversation with Matt, a turn to black accessories (shoes and belt) probably not how he'd wear it, but we chatted about the simplicity of it and it forced me to reach for them instead of the usual 50 shades of brown. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tuesday, feeling a bit hipsterish in my raw Levis with EP Bridled Leather Belt, MTO Camo Jacket and bitchin' Solovair Suede Wingtips that are a steal now (http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/country-brogue-vanilla-nubuck) and got me more compliments than ever: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Today, last day in the mid 80s here until May I assume, so one last go around for the Seersucker Napoli and White Walts, with the suede dub monks: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tour De Force! Love these looks.Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Carmina austerity bal boots in burgundy shell and the bottom half of a pair of Walts.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good to see the Greeley's out for the season!Quote:
Yup, I do. I'll scan them tomorrow and we'll add all of them into the preorder item as well.
The cotton is absolutely brilliant on these - a really soft mid-weight Japanese twill. I LOVE the Aubergine color.post #23908 of 3352110/3/13 at 2:49ampost #23909 of 3352110/3/13 at 3:56amI stopped by the Manhattan store the other day on my way through New York. Matt was very welcoming and it was great to be back. I can confirm some things that you already know:
1. The Veneto vest is outstanding.
2. The Mulberry leather jacket is also very well done. If you don't already have a leather jacket take a look.
3. The Kudo antelope boots are pretty damned cool.
Those who have bought the kudo boots, I think we will to see some pictures of how they look after 6 months of wear. And it may not be to soon to start thinking about other styles for this leather. A chukka, perhaps?
I will watch carefully for news about the new tweed trousers. I don't think I have ever seen orange tweed trousers before. Do I dare?post #23910 of 3352110/3/13 at 4:39amQuote:
My wife thought the aubergine was amazing as well. What color shirt would you pair this with?
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Watch BSC Young Boys V Slov Bratis Live Football Match Thursday... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 13 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 14 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 14 minutes ago
- › Watch Dnipro vs Inter Live Stream 17 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 17 minutes ago
- › Watch Lille V FK Krasnodar Live Football Match Thursday 18-Sep-2014 19 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)