greencast denim from the FF shirts. was lurking right when they went up, stared at it for 3 hours and decided to sleep on it. gone when i woke up... got a gauzy tartan after the fact but it was only a consolation
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:50 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:19 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1539post #23072 of 538038/28/13 at 10:47ampost #23073 of 538038/28/13 at 11:03ampost #23074 of 538038/28/13 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by mattp
Hey, guys. All this sunny LA talk reminded me I had some snowy Brooklyn shots to put up. These are from an engagement shoot with my now-wife taken last winter in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Blackwatch heirloom cardigan
Blue point collar oxford
Brooklyn Navy Yard (Click to show)
Man, that cardigan is great. It must have come out before I was buyin Epaulet.
I like the engagement photos. I am going to be doing some myself soon and I need to find some good scenery like that.post #23075 of 538038/28/13 at 1:00pmpost #23076 of 538038/28/13 at 1:21pmpost #23077 of 538038/28/13 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
It's seriously, seriously warm.
I'm actually pretty sensitive to cold. And I'm well aware that all sorts of menswear brands put out flimsy coats and claim that they're "super warm." And they'll always be some guy from the suburbs of Detroit who can somehow wear a henley and an APC varsity jacket on the coldest day of winter and say that he's "toasty" because the front of his jacket is wool.
Menwear brands overselling the warmth of their winter garments is a pet peeve of mine. This one is actually very warm and practical for a cold day in a cold place. I had my first US-made Spiewak parka when I lived in Vienna, and it got me through the coldest days of the year when I layered with a single thick sweater on underneath. Worked great in NYC too. And it makes for a brilliant overcoat for a sportcoat/suiting look when its cold or snowing.
Additional question I forgot to ask. I'm some between Epaulet medium and large (medium shirts fit a bit snug), I wear a large Eisenhower and my optimal Caine size is probably 39. With that in mind, and if I'm going to layer a stark underneath, should I be aiming for size 38 in the snorkel parka? (36 is recommended for a true medium)
Also, unrelated: any news on the shirts MTO program?post #23078 of 538038/28/13 at 2:30pm
I know a few of you guys were inquiring about the Carmina captoe from the Santa Monica store opening, well, it's here!
We decided to change the Ellison and take away the medallion on the toe. Since we're not running the first version again, we marked them down. Only a few sizes left, but a damn good deal for a Carmina staple shoe.post #23079 of 538038/28/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by leftofthedial
Epaulet Luchino Polo Charcoal - $135
I don't know if this has already been expressed, but I'd love to see a long-sleeve version of these sometime down the road. I saw these at the SM opening and I have to say they're probably the nicest polos I've ever seen!post #23080 of 538038/28/13 at 4:15pmpost #23081 of 538038/28/13 at 4:52pmInside shot today b/c of rain and clouds.
EP 7oz Cherry RCs
Belt and shoes are cigar colored, not black, despite poor photography on my part. First time wearing the shirt, fresh from the SM store opening. Probably my favorite in the closet right now, and will definitely be investing more into EPshirting.post #23082 of 538038/28/13 at 4:56pmpost #23083 of 538038/28/13 at 5:27pmQuote:
Great deal. I love that jacket. Good thing it was a size too small.
Is the tie from YHNT or from the stash for sale in his sig?post #23084 of 538038/28/13 at 6:15pmQuote:Man if I didn't have the Ruby Shell captoes already that 7.5 would've been mine!
I need to bring down the sleeves a bit. I don't think it will be too difficult since the buttons are nonfunctional.post #23085 of 538038/28/13 at 6:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Inside shot today b/c of rain and clouds.
EP 7oz Cherry RCs
Belt and shoes are cigar colored, not black, despite poor photography on my part. First time wearing the shirt, fresh from the SM store opening. Probably my favorite in the closet right now, and will definitely be investing more into EPshirting.
You are rocking those RIvet's
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 22 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › creases 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding