or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1516

post #22726 of 37429

Had to Kop the Nightshades worship.gif

post #22727 of 37429
Blouson is fantastic. Any more colors in the future?
post #22728 of 37429
Hey quick question for an epaulet rep- is the model for the moleskin overshit (http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/suits-outerwear/products/cutaway-collar-overshirt-navy-moleskin) wearing a small or medium? Trying to figure out my sizing... Thanks!
post #22729 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkingucla View Post

Hey quick question for an epaulet rep- is the model for the moleskin overshit (http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/suits-outerwear/products/cutaway-collar-overshirt-navy-moleskin) wearing a small or medium? Trying to figure out my sizing... Thanks!

I believe that model (Dylan?) wears medium in the other Epaulet stuff he models.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I see some MTO rivet options up there as well, and I'm sure you'll get inundated with questions but I'm going to ask a couple anyway.

Are you just starting out with the basics and adding more fabric options in the future?

Also, the price for duck canvas chinos jumped from $150 to $180, so if I wanted to special order a standard pair in an odd size (like 35), but keep all details the same, do I have to pay $180 now or can I still order a pair without any of the extra MTO options for $150? I don't think I would make any changes to the regular template you use for the standard production run, but size 35 is special order only, so hopefully I can still get that for $150.

+1 If I use the MTO I mostly see myself using it for sizing reasons and not for special pocket fetishes. The idea of saving a trip to the tailor's appeals to me.

 

post #22730 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Had to Kop the Nightshades worship.gif

+1. Now I don't have to decide whether to wear navy or brown flannels. I'll just wear these wink.gif

Do you think the Nightshade will go with these?



post #22731 of 37429

Would there ever be a round of Rudy orders on some of the cord pants?

post #22732 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post


+1. Now I don't have to decide whether to wear navy or brown flannels. I'll just wear these wink.gif

Do you think the Nightshade will go with these?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

from what I can tell from the Pic's, absolutely

post #22733 of 37429

Will leaving the Twill Taping off have any effect on how durable the pants are? I get my RC's hemmed so as to not show any cuff and I'm thinking that leaving the taping off will make it easier for my tailor to taper the lower leg, but I don't want to skimp on it if it means they won't last as long as they would w/ the taping.

post #22734 of 37429

The new stuff looks great, as always.  Looking forward to more of the fall/winter stuff coming in.

 

Wearing the windowpane linen from the before/after contest today.  Unfortunately, I think they're going back to the tailor to the the seat/thighs let out.  They seem to be a little tighter than my other walts. 

 

 

AppleMark

post #22735 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedCA View Post

The new stuff looks great, as always.  Looking forward to more of the fall/winter stuff coming in.

Wearing the windowpane linen from the before/after contest today.  Unfortunately, I think they're going back to the tailor to the the seat/thighs let out.  They seem to be a little tighter than my other walts. 


AppleMark

Those look awesome. give them a little wear time today and maybe one more day after that--I feel like the linen stretches a bit so it might actually fit right after a little wear. If I'm wrong, back to the tailor.
post #22736 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedCA View Post

The new stuff looks great, as always.  Looking forward to more of the fall/winter stuff coming in.

 

Wearing the windowpane linen from the before/after contest today.  Unfortunately, I think they're going back to the tailor to the the seat/thighs let out.  They seem to be a little tighter than my other walts. 

 

Is the windowpane a very faint pink? It looks exactly like a linen suitsupply suit I have: size, texture, the whole works. Very nice either way!

post #22737 of 37429
Wanting to make my first foray into Epaulet shirting this fall. Looking to kick it off w/ a basic blue OCBD.

For anyone who has experience w/ both the Gitman and Epaulet shirts on the site - beyond tagged sizing, what are the draws of either shirt? Why should I choose one over the other?
post #22738 of 37429
Quick questions for the next massive-answer-post

1) Are you restocking the Moss canvas ducks, or are they only MTO for now? If so, any ETA?

2) More wool Rivets this fall?
post #22739 of 37429
There are bigger jumps between Gitman sizes, which may or may not affect you depending on how well you fit their measurements. Also, I much prefer the darting on the Epaulet shirts as I have a larger drop than average.
post #22740 of 37429
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Wanting to make my first foray into Epaulet shirting this fall. Looking to kick it off w/ a basic blue OCBD.

For anyone who has experience w/ both the Gitman and Epaulet shirts on the site - beyond tagged sizing, what are the draws of either shirt? Why should I choose one over the other?

From an overall quality POV, both are excellent and made in the USA. However the biggest differences for me are:

1) Fit.The cut on GVB shirts is odd--slim in the body w/ relatively high arm holes (nice), but with a giant rear panel so the shirt blossoms out absurdly in the lowerr body and at the waist. Also, the the arms are cut short relative to tagged size, whereas the body is long--almost comically sometimes. If you have even slightly long arms for your size, this is a problem.

2) Worst of all, IMO, is that the measurements and fit can vary slightly from season to season, and often from fabric to fabric. This is maddening if any given measurement is close, since you may find one Medium that's perfect, but the next time, it's too short in the arms, or it's tighter in the chest. I've given up on Gitman entirely.

I'm 6'3"/175 lbs/40. I'm right on the border between L and M in Epaulet. I have Larges I've washed and dried that are perfect (including a couple I shortened just a touch since I wear them untucked), and Mediums I don't dry. In both cases, they fit me great and are among my favorite shirts.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: totally agree w/ CYC's point above.



*Amusingly, the best fitting non-Epaulet shirts I've found for me are Uniqulo slim cut OCBDs. But Epaulet shirts are nicer for numerous (mostly obvious) reasons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread