Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1488post #22306 of 444227/26/13 at 9:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22307 of 444227/27/13 at 9:18ampost #22308 of 444227/27/13 at 12:39pmpost #22309 of 444227/28/13 at 9:45ampost #22310 of 444227/28/13 at 10:49ampost #22311 of 444227/28/13 at 12:13pmpost #22312 of 444227/28/13 at 4:29pmpost #22313 of 444227/28/13 at 4:50pmpost #22314 of 444227/28/13 at 5:12pmpost #22315 of 444227/28/13 at 7:56pmpost #22316 of 444227/28/13 at 8:06pmpost #22317 of 444227/28/13 at 9:48pmQuote:
It's going to be a great piece! But it will have a radically different style. Our Southwick jackets are heavy wool overcoats with full construction and canvassing. It's pretty dressy. The Veneto line is all technical water-resistant quilted wool.Quote:
Sure, I definitely have some swatches around. I'll see what I can dig out.Quote:
Everyone in hot-ass New York is officially very jealous of this....
We've got three going live this week actually. Black Denim workshirt, white denim workshirt, white chambray buttondown. All of them at our $110 price point. They're killer!Quote:
Ahhh... this is the kind of question that always divides the Styleforum membership. There's never really a consensus on this, so let me just offer my opinion on it.
The Navy Weller jacket is the second best-selling coat that we have, right after the Hopsack Caine/Napoli. It's an elegant and basic flat super 120s wool. I've seen dozens of our customers - both in-store and online - wear this jacket with odd trousers that are not the matched fabric.
As long as the jacket is worn with a suitably dressy trouser, I think that it looks great. I like it with grey 120s, grey or taupe flannel, wool-cashmere, and even a linen trouser. We've run certain lighter weight tweeds that also match it well.
I'm not crazy about it with denim or chinos. Or more casual trouser fabrics like thick tweed, duck canvas, or moleskin. In this case, I think that the hopsack works a lot better due to its texture.
But with the appropriate dress trouser: sure thing. I'd wear the navy weller with grey 120s, a white shirt, a purple tie, and snuff suede shoes in a heartbeat.Quote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Mike - a quick question.
I've noticed generally a few "misplaced" threads on SF - ie, the Alden thread under SW+D as opposed to MC, where one might think it was more appropriately classified.
Myself being still relatively new to the brand, you guys are here amongst the SW+D threads, but particularly in the last year have expanded to include a lot of MC-type products - almost to the point that many of us here think of Epaulet first for trousers, suiting, and fine footwear as opposed to more traditional streetwear attire.
Could you shed a bit of light on how your brand has changed focus since it started? (under the assumption that it actually has)
Haha, this is a great question! I've actually had this conversation with Fok (user La Guy) on a few occasions.
Styleforum as a whole has changed a lot over the past few years. I've been a member since 2008. The incongruity of Alden and (some) Epaulet items on Streetwear and Denim is - I believe - mostly due to "Streetwear and Denim" being a bit misleading as a current section name.
Back in '08, there was a lot more discussion of actual streetwear items - things like graphic t-shirts and hoodies - going on in this area. Lot of talk about Dior jeans, A.P.C, designer sneakers, and Clarks Desert Boots. The Alden thread matched this in its early days by largely dealing with boots, chukkas, longwings, Indy's, etc. It spoke very well to the denim-head culture, and you'd read about Aldens on other streetwear sites like Superfuture and Hypebeast.
We started out with more of a streetwear focus than we have now. Our shirts were our first in-house product, and they were all done in casual fabrics. The trousers, chinos, and jeans followed. We didn't start with tailored clothing until 2010. And all of my early Aldens were skewed toward the casual side. Actually, if you go back to the early pages in this thread, it's kind of a trip to read! It's cool how supportive everyone was, especially given that we were a tiny single shop in Brooklyn with no employees and a collection of five shirts. This site has always been so good to us.
I still feel very much at home in the SW&D section, and I couldn't imagine our thread relocating to MC. Even with all of the formal stuff that we're doing (Southwick, Samuelsohn, Vass), we'll also introduce a lot of casual pieces that you wouldn't see from a typical MC dealer. We're launching sneakers next week, bringing in horsehide motorcycle jackets, bringing back selvedge 5-pocket jeans, launching a line of Japanese cloth Rivet Chinos, developing denim and chambray shirts, etc. And part of our LA expansion is gaining the ability to develop this side more. LA has the biggest garment district in the country, and you can make great denim-ish items and garment-dyed pieces there.
Epaulet is very much a lifestyle store for our customers, and it's one of the things that we're really proud of. When you look through the fit pics here, you see a huge diversity of looks, and you see guys pulling off MC style perfectly but also wearing things like sneakers and shorts and tees. Rather than limiting our brand to one look, it's exciting to source diverse products from a range of makers and see it through our lens of quality, pricing, fit, and consistency. Besides, I'm way too ADD to ever stick to just one look. I have to bounce around and search out the next thing at all times.
So, after that long-winded reply, yes we changed our style quite a bit and will continue to develop it according to our customers tastes and what they're interested in. And "Streetwear and Denim" could probably stand to be renamed, but no one (including me) has come up with a better title for it. I guess that the name is kind of a tradition at this pointpost #22318 of 444227/28/13 at 11:01pmQuote:
Yeah sounds very tempting, can't wait to see pics.
And picked up a pair of textured yuketens, incredible pricepost #22319 of 444227/28/13 at 11:12pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 948 Active Users (149 Members and 799 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 43 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › ToJ Fishtail S | SS Chandler IV | SS Double Alpaca Jacket IV 14 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...