Thanks, I found it already. But, I appreciate the response.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 11:48 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1461post #21902 of 576997/6/13 at 9:47ampost #21903 of 576997/6/13 at 9:56ampost #21904 of 576997/6/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
Thanks so much! We'll still be back here every month, so you'll see us around :-)Quote:
Navy hopsack is always our number one seller, and the first standard blazer for anyone. It's a luxurious, easily matched, and long-wearing fabric. You can dress it up with grey trousers or wear it with chinos and jeans. And if you want to make a suit out of it down the road, we sell a matching trouser. It's easily the most versatile piece in our collection.Quote:
Hmm. A navy jacket will work with charcoal, but you'd need something grey to jive with navy and black pants.
I'd actually recommend the Factory Finds piece that we just put up:
Factory Finds Pearl Grey Napoli Sportcoat
This is going to make up beautifully. It will be a great match for jeans too. If the charcoal pants are dark enough, then it could work with them. It will definitely be boss with Navy or Black.
Unfortunately no, but we've made well over 50 units in those sizes, and we've received great feedback on the fit. If you have a sportcoat where you like the fit already, then measuring the chest, shoulder, sleeve, length will give you a very good idea of how it jives with our pattern. And if you might be between sizes, then go up an inch (ex. order the 35 if you're not sure between 34 or 35). It's always better to take the jacket in a bit. You can email Matt directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a phone call with him for personalized sizing advice.Quote:
StanVan is the king of faded duck Rivet Chinos. These are the French Blue color:post #21905 of 576997/6/13 at 5:21pm
Are there any sample jackets to try in the Brooklyn store? I'm interested in the navy Napoli jacket, but I want to see the fit before ordering. Would you guys consider this a versatile jacket/fabric?post #21906 of 576997/6/13 at 5:22pmpost #21907 of 576997/6/13 at 5:23pmpost #21908 of 576997/7/13 at 12:18ampost #21909 of 576997/7/13 at 1:35ampost #21910 of 576997/7/13 at 3:36ampost #21911 of 576997/7/13 at 8:01amQuote:
I remember this post from a couple of months back ... Hope you can make it over in the future (looks like you'll have both an East coast and West coast option now so maybe that helps....).
Anyway my visit to Epaulet just got cancelled as two of my colleagues didn't get their visas, so now we will be short-handed on the trip, and the free time I originally had planned to use for a quick visit to New York no longer exists! I will have to console myself by ordering something online with the money saved on airfare and hotel .... Big question though is whether to go for instant gratification (maybe the the peanut floral boat shoes - delivered while I am in the US to a friend), or one of the fall sportcoat options ...post #21912 of 576997/7/13 at 10:19ampost #21913 of 576997/7/13 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by docka
Are there any sample jackets to try in the Brooklyn store? I'm interested in the navy Napoli jacket, but I want to see the fit before ordering. Would you guys consider this a versatile jacket/fabric?
Oh absolutely. This is a really versatile and comfortable fabric. It's wearable year round.
And both stores typically have a pretty wide selection of jackets in sizes 36, 38, 40, and 42. Anyone in the shops will be happy to help you to find your size. Some guys will bring a sportcoat that they own as well - we can measure that to see how it compares with our in-house fit.
Absolutely. That should be an option for each of the FF jackets. If you don't see it in one of the items then let me know and we'll get that fixed. It will reduce the sleeves and body by 2"Quote:
Size 28 and 29 are only done via special order. Send us an email and we can put that into work for you. We definitely have more of that fabric on hand. It's no extra cost, and takes 4-6 weeks for delivery.Quote:
Other guys can chime in on how they personally like the fabric, but I can tell you that it's a lightweight tropical wool with a comfortable open weave. It's great for hot and humid days. Linen is generally the coolest fabric that you can wear, with Tropical Wool being a close second. It will breathe better than a cotton trouser.post #21914 of 576997/7/13 at 12:59pmJust grabbed the Carmina Faulkner Midnight Shortwings.
I'm excited about these but arranged shipping to be combined with my FF rivets.
Now I'm in the painful holding period for the longwings, 3 FF rivets and a FF Sportcoat (or two).
The Epaulet addiction is ridiculous. I almost feel I need to order something for immediate delivery to hold me over haha.post #21915 of 576997/7/13 at 1:01pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › *HUGE DROP!* NWOT Luigi Borrelli Mainline Wool Down Filled Vest 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway