Thanks, I found it already. But, I appreciate the response.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1461
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21902 of 435847/6/13 at 9:47ampost #21903 of 435847/6/13 at 9:56ampost #21904 of 435847/6/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
Thanks so much! We'll still be back here every month, so you'll see us around :-)Quote:
Navy hopsack is always our number one seller, and the first standard blazer for anyone. It's a luxurious, easily matched, and long-wearing fabric. You can dress it up with grey trousers or wear it with chinos and jeans. And if you want to make a suit out of it down the road, we sell a matching trouser. It's easily the most versatile piece in our collection.Quote:
Hmm. A navy jacket will work with charcoal, but you'd need something grey to jive with navy and black pants.
I'd actually recommend the Factory Finds piece that we just put up:
Factory Finds Pearl Grey Napoli Sportcoat
This is going to make up beautifully. It will be a great match for jeans too. If the charcoal pants are dark enough, then it could work with them. It will definitely be boss with Navy or Black.
Unfortunately no, but we've made well over 50 units in those sizes, and we've received great feedback on the fit. If you have a sportcoat where you like the fit already, then measuring the chest, shoulder, sleeve, length will give you a very good idea of how it jives with our pattern. And if you might be between sizes, then go up an inch (ex. order the 35 if you're not sure between 34 or 35). It's always better to take the jacket in a bit. You can email Matt directly at email@example.com or schedule a phone call with him for personalized sizing advice.Quote:
StanVan is the king of faded duck Rivet Chinos. These are the French Blue color:post #21905 of 435847/6/13 at 5:21pm
Are there any sample jackets to try in the Brooklyn store? I'm interested in the navy Napoli jacket, but I want to see the fit before ordering. Would you guys consider this a versatile jacket/fabric?post #21906 of 435847/6/13 at 5:22pmpost #21907 of 435847/6/13 at 5:23pmpost #21908 of 435847/7/13 at 12:18ampost #21909 of 435847/7/13 at 1:35ampost #21910 of 435847/7/13 at 3:36ampost #21911 of 435847/7/13 at 8:01amQuote:
I remember this post from a couple of months back ... Hope you can make it over in the future (looks like you'll have both an East coast and West coast option now so maybe that helps....).
Anyway my visit to Epaulet just got cancelled as two of my colleagues didn't get their visas, so now we will be short-handed on the trip, and the free time I originally had planned to use for a quick visit to New York no longer exists! I will have to console myself by ordering something online with the money saved on airfare and hotel .... Big question though is whether to go for instant gratification (maybe the the peanut floral boat shoes - delivered while I am in the US to a friend), or one of the fall sportcoat options ...post #21912 of 435847/7/13 at 10:19ampost #21913 of 435847/7/13 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by docka
Are there any sample jackets to try in the Brooklyn store? I'm interested in the navy Napoli jacket, but I want to see the fit before ordering. Would you guys consider this a versatile jacket/fabric?
Oh absolutely. This is a really versatile and comfortable fabric. It's wearable year round.
And both stores typically have a pretty wide selection of jackets in sizes 36, 38, 40, and 42. Anyone in the shops will be happy to help you to find your size. Some guys will bring a sportcoat that they own as well - we can measure that to see how it compares with our in-house fit.
Absolutely. That should be an option for each of the FF jackets. If you don't see it in one of the items then let me know and we'll get that fixed. It will reduce the sleeves and body by 2"Quote:
Size 28 and 29 are only done via special order. Send us an email and we can put that into work for you. We definitely have more of that fabric on hand. It's no extra cost, and takes 4-6 weeks for delivery.Quote:
Other guys can chime in on how they personally like the fabric, but I can tell you that it's a lightweight tropical wool with a comfortable open weave. It's great for hot and humid days. Linen is generally the coolest fabric that you can wear, with Tropical Wool being a close second. It will breathe better than a cotton trouser.post #21914 of 435847/7/13 at 12:59pmJust grabbed the Carmina Faulkner Midnight Shortwings.
I'm excited about these but arranged shipping to be combined with my FF rivets.
Now I'm in the painful holding period for the longwings, 3 FF rivets and a FF Sportcoat (or two).
The Epaulet addiction is ridiculous. I almost feel I need to order something for immediate delivery to hold me over haha.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Howdens kítchens Newcastle Upon Tyne 11 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan