Thanks, I found it already. But, I appreciate the response.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on Yesterday at 6:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1461post #21901 of 351367/6/13 at 2:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21902 of 351367/6/13 at 9:47ampost #21903 of 351367/6/13 at 9:56ampost #21904 of 351367/6/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
Thanks so much! We'll still be back here every month, so you'll see us around :-)Quote:
Navy hopsack is always our number one seller, and the first standard blazer for anyone. It's a luxurious, easily matched, and long-wearing fabric. You can dress it up with grey trousers or wear it with chinos and jeans. And if you want to make a suit out of it down the road, we sell a matching trouser. It's easily the most versatile piece in our collection.Quote:
Hmm. A navy jacket will work with charcoal, but you'd need something grey to jive with navy and black pants.
I'd actually recommend the Factory Finds piece that we just put up:
Factory Finds Pearl Grey Napoli Sportcoat
This is going to make up beautifully. It will be a great match for jeans too. If the charcoal pants are dark enough, then it could work with them. It will definitely be boss with Navy or Black.
Unfortunately no, but we've made well over 50 units in those sizes, and we've received great feedback on the fit. If you have a sportcoat where you like the fit already, then measuring the chest, shoulder, sleeve, length will give you a very good idea of how it jives with our pattern. And if you might be between sizes, then go up an inch (ex. order the 35 if you're not sure between 34 or 35). It's always better to take the jacket in a bit. You can email Matt directly at email@example.com or schedule a phone call with him for personalized sizing advice.Quote:
StanVan is the king of faded duck Rivet Chinos. These are the French Blue color:post #21905 of 351367/6/13 at 5:21pm
Are there any sample jackets to try in the Brooklyn store? I'm interested in the navy Napoli jacket, but I want to see the fit before ordering. Would you guys consider this a versatile jacket/fabric?post #21906 of 351367/6/13 at 5:22pmpost #21907 of 351367/6/13 at 5:23pmpost #21908 of 351367/7/13 at 12:18ampost #21909 of 351367/7/13 at 1:35ampost #21910 of 351367/7/13 at 3:36ampost #21911 of 351367/7/13 at 8:01amQuote:
I remember this post from a couple of months back ... Hope you can make it over in the future (looks like you'll have both an East coast and West coast option now so maybe that helps....).
Anyway my visit to Epaulet just got cancelled as two of my colleagues didn't get their visas, so now we will be short-handed on the trip, and the free time I originally had planned to use for a quick visit to New York no longer exists! I will have to console myself by ordering something online with the money saved on airfare and hotel .... Big question though is whether to go for instant gratification (maybe the the peanut floral boat shoes - delivered while I am in the US to a friend), or one of the fall sportcoat options ...post #21912 of 351367/7/13 at 10:19ampost #21913 of 351367/7/13 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by docka
Are there any sample jackets to try in the Brooklyn store? I'm interested in the navy Napoli jacket, but I want to see the fit before ordering. Would you guys consider this a versatile jacket/fabric?
Oh absolutely. This is a really versatile and comfortable fabric. It's wearable year round.
And both stores typically have a pretty wide selection of jackets in sizes 36, 38, 40, and 42. Anyone in the shops will be happy to help you to find your size. Some guys will bring a sportcoat that they own as well - we can measure that to see how it compares with our in-house fit.
Absolutely. That should be an option for each of the FF jackets. If you don't see it in one of the items then let me know and we'll get that fixed. It will reduce the sleeves and body by 2"Quote:
Size 28 and 29 are only done via special order. Send us an email and we can put that into work for you. We definitely have more of that fabric on hand. It's no extra cost, and takes 4-6 weeks for delivery.Quote:
Other guys can chime in on how they personally like the fabric, but I can tell you that it's a lightweight tropical wool with a comfortable open weave. It's great for hot and humid days. Linen is generally the coolest fabric that you can wear, with Tropical Wool being a close second. It will breathe better than a cotton trouser.post #21914 of 351367/7/13 at 12:59pmJust grabbed the Carmina Faulkner Midnight Shortwings.
I'm excited about these but arranged shipping to be combined with my FF rivets.
Now I'm in the painful holding period for the longwings, 3 FF rivets and a FF Sportcoat (or two).
The Epaulet addiction is ridiculous. I almost feel I need to order something for immediate delivery to hold me over haha.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 15 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 seconds ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 2 minutes ago
- › Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › VIBERG SERVICE BOOTS, BROWN CALF, 310 LAST, SIZE 8.5 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)