or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1457

post #21841 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post

Congrats on the business expansion.  I am looking forward to the Samuelsohn line!!

I want some advices from you guys. I want to take advantage of the FF offer and add a solid color sportcoat. I have a navy already so I am looking at the Pearl Grey Napoli. Do you guys think this is a good versatile addition? I am mostly going to wear it with dark color wool trousers. Maybe it will work with more casual pants too?

Yup, it's going to be great for that. The best thing about Pearl Grey (and medium grey flannel sportcoats in general) is that they match brilliantly to Navy trousers. As a nice light neutral tone it would also go well with brown, tan, olive, charcoal and even black. You'd just want to stay away from any medium to light grey pant.

It has a great texture and it's being done in the unconstructed Napoli shape, so you can easily wear this casually. It would be a boss match for jeans.

This is a Cucinelli jacket and a DB one at that, but the color tone will be fairly similar, so you can see how it jives with chinos:

post #21842 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Yup, it's going to be great for that. The best thing about Pearl Grey (and medium grey flannel sportcoats in general) is that they match brilliantly to Navy trousers. As a nice light neutral tone it would also go well with brown, tan, olive, charcoal and even black. You'd just want to stay away from any medium to light grey pant.

It has a great texture and it's being done in the unconstructed Napoli shape, so you can easily wear this casually. It would be a boss match for jeans.

This is a Cucinelli jacket and a DB one at that, but the color tone will be fairly similar, so you can see how it jives with chinos:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

Thanks Mike!! I am sold.

post #21843 of 36539
Cannot wait to see the Samuelsohn...sounds amazing!
post #21844 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Thanks for all of the kind words guys - we're really excited about it! Santa Monica is a hell of a lot different than Brooklyn, but good thing that I like driving and listening to 93.5 KDAY for "LA's back in the day jams."

There's a chance that I might get sick of driving around with a constant Tupac and Ice Cube playlist, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

We're moving ourselves here in August, but we'll still be fairly bi-coastal. I anticipate spending at least one week per month back in NYC, so you'll definitely still see me there.

While this is certainly great news that you are opening a shop so close to me now... I hate to be the bearer of bad news. KDAY will most likely be shutting down in the near future and begin broadcasting Chinese radio

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/10/entertainment/la-et-ms-kday-hiphop-radio-station-sold-chinese-format-20130410

http://allhiphop.com/2013/04/12/l-a-s-classic-hip-hop-station-kday-could-be-facing-format-change/
post #21845 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13k View Post


While this is certainly great news that you are opening a shop so close to me now... I hate to be the bearer of bad news. KDAY will most likely be shutting down in the near future and begin broadcasting Chinese radio http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/10/entertainment/la-et-ms-kday-hiphop-radio-station-sold-chinese-format-20130410

 

I didn't wanna be the one to dash his dreams. I've been listening to KDAY since I was 10 years old. It's gonna be a sad day frown.gif.

post #21846 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Super news guys...congrats!

And with all this Dodger talk, the irony of Epaulet following in their footsteps hasn't escaped me, just glad you guys will still have a presence here...and I can imagine the great things to come with expansion!

Hopefully they will follow in the preferred Giants' footsteps one day and also open up a store in San Francisco!
post #21847 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

I didn't wanna be the one to dash his dreams. I've been listening to KDAY since I was 10 years old. It's gonna be a sad day frown.gif .

Ah, actually I heard about this. It is indeed going to be sad. This was clearly the best radio station remaining on Earth.

I could always make an old-school West Coast rap mix on my phone. But then where would I get my daily fix of auto insurance and payday loan commercials?
post #21848 of 36539
Congrats on the west coast location. Sad to hear bout KDAY though man no more Friday mix sessions to kick it too.
post #21849 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Ah, actually I heard about this. It is indeed going to be sad. This was clearly the best radio station remaining on Earth.

I could always make an old-school West Coast rap mix on my phone. But then where would I get my daily fix of auto insurance and payday loan commercials?

 

And therein lies the problem.

post #21850 of 36539
So I take it there's no way to get the length of the FF sportcoats shortened? I prefer my sportcoats an inch shorter than my suit coats.

I suppose I could buy a short version then have the sleeves let out.
post #21851 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilinx View Post

So I take it there's no way to get the length of the FF sportcoats shortened? I prefer my sportcoats an inch shorter than my suit coats.

I suppose I could buy a short version then have the sleeves let out.

Yes, for Factory Finds you have to shorten both the body and the sleeves by 1" or 2". We can do one or the other with MTO's, but not with these.

But, getting the sleeves let out one inch is no problem. They're not fully finished, and I've had many customers do that for our OTR jackets. It's typically an inexpensive alteration.
post #21852 of 36539
Any thoughts to having an in house tailor for alterations/measurements for the jackets/pants/suits you offer (especially with factory finds where we have options on fit and such)? Now that you're coming to CA, lots of us could swing by, would ensure a good fit and no returns/further alterations.
post #21853 of 36539

For the person who requested pictures of the Thorogood Work Oxfords.

 

(excuse the shitty phone camera)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #21854 of 36539
Quote:
Any thoughts to having an in house tailor for alterations/measurements for the jackets/pants/suits you offer (especially with factory finds where we have options on fit and such)? Now that you're coming to CA, lots of us could swing by, would ensure a good fit and no returns/further alterations.

 

I was just thinking about this the other day. I understand it would be an extra expense to you guys, but it would be nice :)


Edited by bbri06 - 7/3/13 at 3:34pm
post #21855 of 36539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Two New Factory Find Swatches

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hey guys,

I just want to highlight these - we asked Southwick for solid fabrics, as our factory find assortment is pretty plaid-heavy. We got our hands on two options:


[URL=http://Factory Finds Navy Wool/Cotton/Cashmere Napoli Sportcoat]Factory Finds Navy Wool/Cotton/Cashmere Napoli Sportcoat[/URL]


Factory Finds Pearl Grey Napoli Sportcoat

I'm going to let Matt weigh in on the Navy fabric - he made up an entire suit in it. The fabric's awesome and he's probably got a bunch of fit photos.

The Pearl Grey is a nice medium-weight flannel with a great texture. It's a touch lighter than our usual flannel trousers - probably around 10oz, and on par with the flannela trousers that we released last Fall. As an unlined Napoli, it's going to be a really smooth operator.

Now, we CAN make suits out of these on demand - and both of them would make up as excellent suits. I mentioned it a few pages ago, but the matching trousers would be $350. The price is a little nuts compared to the jacket because the trousers need to be individually cut (and carry a hefty MTO fee) while the jackets are cut as an off-price group. That said, you'll still get a fantastic suit for $825 and you can specify your trouser waist and inseam.

If you're interested in doing a suit out of these or any other Factory Find fabrics, then just:
1) Order TWO jackets in the same fabric. This will block out the needed cloth for the suit
2) Email us with your order number, waist size and inseam
3) We'll then immediately refund you $125 (the difference in trouser and jacket cost) and put your order in

 

 

The Navy wool/cotton/cashmere is one of the best fabrics I've ever seen, honestly. I saw it during (capsule) in January and knew I had to have a suit in it. 

 

It has a great hand, is very substantial and is EXTREMELY hard wearing. You NYC dudes know how hard I wear my clothing. From shoes to sportcoats, I don't baby anything I own. I think clothes should be worn and the repairs/fades/whatever are, somewhat, badges of honor. I would liken the fabric to Fresco in a lot of ways, but the cashmere and cotton in the blend give it distinctly different properties. It is softer and thicker to the touch. I believe it's around 9.5 or 10 oz, so it's not a Summer fabric, but I can wear it comfortably up to almost 90 degrees. I think it's a 3 1/2 season fabric. For you LA or SF dudes, I think it would serve you all VERY well in particular.

 

(I was comfortable in the suit all day at Pitti)

 

 


And a close-up

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread