or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1446

post #21676 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

unable to decide... musicboohoo[1].gif


mike, will there be a long-shot of the fabric swatch of the napoli patterns?  

i find it hard to picture what it will look like without the pics that look like this:



Go back thru the thread, someone got that jacket. I think that fabric was offered last time around, too.
post #21677 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

unable to decide... musicboohoo[1].gif


mike, will there be a long-shot of the fabric swatch of the napoli patterns?  

i find it hard to picture what it will look like without the pics that look like this:



Think that jacket was part of the last round too maybe somebody has pictures?

So many nice fabrics but most are a bit too heavyweight for me cold[1].gif
post #21678 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

unable to decide... musicboohoo[1].gif

 

mike, will there be a long-shot of the fabric swatch of the napoli patterns?  

 

i find it hard to picture what it will look like without the pics that look like this:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

It's what I'm wearing in these two photos:

 

post #21679 of 36449

Thanks....!


Edited by Dbear - 6/27/13 at 6:18pm
post #21680 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Think that jacket was part of the last round too maybe somebody has pictures?

So many nice fabrics but most are a bit too heavyweight for me cold[1].gif

Same here....some of these are looking really really nice, but I'm afraid they might all be too heavy for my climate down here. I might be better off waiting until winter when they offer some lightweight options that would be delivered next spring.

I'm really digging the snuff micro-houndstooth - how warm would that actually wear IRL? Being in the Napoli fit with the 3/8 liner, maybe it's actually light enough to wear in Florida?
post #21681 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.T. View Post

They all ready have a peak lapel double breasted blazer 'the Barrett ' and the LBM jacket is eggshell. They also do custom orders on that too that you can make in various fabrics.

I guess I missed that somehow.  Thanks!

post #21682 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

hey Mike,

if the Marcello fit me well in a 40, should I go with a 38 for Southwick jackets?

 

Which Marcello did you get? As far as I recall they came out a bit different with regard to sizing, though they were all indeed on the slim side. I picked up the guncheck Marcello in a size 40 - and ordered a size 38 (long - but that shouldn't affect the chest/shoulder dimensions) in the previous round of FF jackets and am very happy with the fit. Now to decide what to get this time ready for winter ...

post #21683 of 36449

Man, that Donegal is a sweet fabric! However, that sale you guys have been running cleared me out, and I don't know if I should...

post #21684 of 36449

How do the 1" size increments work? Does it just increase the chest of the lower even size by a total of 1" (so .5" on the size chart)? I'm specifically wondering about the difference between the 37 and the 36.

post #21685 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Camo Sportcoat MTO

We received an MTO camo sportcoat for a customer today. He chose to do it in the Napoli shape with a blue liner, and it came out really boss! Check it out...





And you can read more about it and see pricing and options here

Wow that looks amazing....come to think of it...i ordered something like that!
post #21686 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingman View Post

Which Marcello did you get? As far as I recall they came out a bit different with regard to sizing, though they were all indeed on the slim side. I picked up the guncheck Marcello in a size 40 - and ordered a size 38 (long - but that shouldn't affect the chest/shoulder dimensions) in the previous round of FF jackets and am very happy with the fit. Now to decide what to get this time ready for winter ...

I have the Linen Navy Glen Plaid Marcello. I'm guessing I'd probably go 38R if I did order an FF jacket then. Thank you Pekingman
post #21687 of 36449
Hi Mike et all...

I'd greatly appreciate some advice on sizing.

The LBM cotton fits me great in 38R. Also I have a Napoli in duck canvas that fits well in 38R - nice and slim fit.

I have had a Napoli Hopsack in 38R that was a bit too small in the shoulders/chest. I also tried on the Napoli 38R seersucker and it was also a touch small in chest/shoulders.

What size should I order for the FF in the Daltrey or Weller models you're offering?

I suspect 39R might be safe if the fit is similar as 38R seems to be hit or miss with me.
Edited by tricky - 6/28/13 at 4:11am
post #21688 of 36449
I have a sizing question on the jackets. I usually get 38S, which is a good length in the body, sleeves and a good fit in the chest. But the shoulders are always a little wide. I'm wondering if I went down to a 37R, maybe the shoulders would fit better and I might be able to have a tailor let out the fabric a bit so I could button the jacket comfortably.

Finally, if I did that, would the fabric show a seam in the back, the way some fabrics do when you let out the waist in a pair of pants? (I'm eyeing the Harris tweed, which I'd think would disguise that sort of work better than most).

Edit: After studying the measuring charts again, it doesn't look like sizing down would make sense.
post #21689 of 36449
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Hi Mike et all...

I'd greatly appreciate some advice on sizing.

The LBM cotton fits me great in 38R. Also I have a Napoli in duck canvas that fits well in 38R - nice and slim fit.

I have had a Napoli Hopsack in 38R that was a bit too small in the shoulders/chest. I also tried on the Napoli 38R seersucker and it was also a touch small in chest/shoulders.

What size should I order for the FF in the Daltrey or Weller models you're offering?

I suspect 39R might be safe if the fit is similar as 38R seems to be hit or miss with me.

I'd go 39 mostly because these are fall/winter wear jackets and the coats you mentioned above are all spring summer. We wear less underneath in a Spring/summer coat and we tend to be slimmer during the warmer months from being outside and walking a bit more where in the fall and winter we tend to put on a few pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

I have a sizing question on the jackets. I usually get 38S, which is a good length in the body, sleeves and a good fit in the chest. But the shoulders are always a little wide. I'm wondering if I went down to a 37R, maybe the shoulders would fit better and I might be able to have a tailor let out the fabric a bit so I could button the jacket comfortably.

Finally, if I did that, would the fabric show a seam in the back, the way some fabrics do when you let out the waist in a pair of pants? (I'm eyeing the Harris tweed, which I'd think would disguise that sort of work better than most).

Edit: After studying the measuring charts again, it doesn't look like sizing down would make sense.

I wouldn't wprry about anything showing with any of these fabrics. It generally is an issue with cotton, wool tends not to have this issue.
post #21690 of 36449
That's a good point Rob. I often have a light merino sweater and dress shirt underneath as it gets in the colder months so 38 would get quite snug
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread