Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1440post #21586 of 327786/23/13 at 3:32pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #21587 of 327786/23/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Thanks! My son just had his elementary school graduation--it was brutal.Quote:
Thanks!post #21588 of 327786/23/13 at 4:58pm
Couldn't agree more. It's one of the sharpest makeups I've ever come across. Is it an Epaulet design? It should be a standard model. Looks as versatile as a color 8 LWB to me.post #21589 of 327786/23/13 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neuromancer8
Long time lurker - thought I might as well join the party.
Also wanted to thank James in the Manhattan store for helping me out yesterday and hooking me up with these:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whoa, great photos. Thanks so much for picking them up!Quote:
We are all madly in love with how these made up. You could call it our design, as it's a unique mashup of a few different models that Alden has made in the past. I don't believe that they've used this combination before. I reordered the Color 8 ones with a quickness, and we'll get them in Burnished Tan Calf as well. Thinking about layering in an Alpine Grain. We're all really stoked - and me in particular - that the Alt Wien shape has proven to be so popular with our customers. I've loved this style for years, and we're going to release a bunch of different takes on it.Quote:
Fantastic shots! Love the pic with you and your daughter.post #21590 of 327786/23/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
I've seen medallion captoes elsewhere, but never with an antique edge trim and never on the Barrie last. I couldn't be happier with these. Thanks to Dylan for helping me in the shop.post #21591 of 327786/23/13 at 5:41pmpost #21592 of 327786/23/13 at 5:50pmVASS SHOES
Hey guys - here's a pic of all of us with Eva and Laszlo Vass. They were incredibly gracious to us, and our meeting was fantastic. It was great to see their craftsmanship in action. It's great that you guys are just as excited as we are! We're going to make some beautiful things with them, and they're very keen to work with us on developing new ideas.
Regarding pricing, I don't have the final landed prices yet as they're going through a bit of a raw materials price increase, but the retails on calf/suede/scotch are going to be WELL under $1000 for shoes. A lot less than that. Boots will be higher because of the additional work they require. And shell cordovan will be higher, but I haven't ordered any yet for stock production. We've got a lot of shell coming with Carmina and Ludwig Reiter already.
As I mentioned before, we're working on building out our shoe collection. I don't want to do it the typical way of just trying to acquire every extremely high-end brand out there and constantly "up the ante." That's not Epaulet, and that's not creative. Vass shoes are high-end and expensive items, there's no doubt. They won't be everyone's cup of tea, but that's alright. Our other brands are equally worthy alternatives. My personal collection reflects this: I've got a bunch of Aldens, a lot of Carminas, and two pairs of Vass. All of the shoes are fantastic in their own way. Each delivers an excellent value. And each is honestly made by talented craftsman in an ethical way. Alden is the greatest shoe company in the United States, Carmina is a family run firm and one of the top brands in the world, and Vass is handmade by a small team of craftsman. There's no reason why all of them can't be appreciated, and when we talk about differences in quality, we're really talking about different shades of excellent quality.
Now, with Vass, we'll roll out a few strategies. First off, we'll carry "off the rack" shoes that come in regular 6-8 week intervals, like Carmina. We'll do MTO projects where several customers signing on to a single style will result in a great price and the ability to push the edge of design. We'll coordinate individual MTO's for any customers who desire them. And we'll be able to work with Lazlo Vass directly to create a few brand new styles each season. Much like the Carmina Greeley Boot and the "WWII" boot that we'll put up for preorder next week, we'll work to create some brand new patterns and shapes that we can offer in a range of leathers. And since Vass is so small scale - they can be extremely flexible in what they can do. We'll make some INCREDIBLE things! First delivery is slated for this September.
And BTW - if you're not aware, Laszlo Vass quite literally wrote the book on mens shoes. If you're interested in shoemaking, then treat yourself to his book - it's fantastic. Great price too:
Edited by Epaulet - 6/23/13 at 6:08pmpost #21593 of 327786/23/13 at 5:55pmpost #21594 of 327786/23/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
We are all madly in love with how these made up. You could call it our design, as it's a unique mashup of a few different models that Alden has made in the past. I don't believe that they've used this combination before. I reordered the Color 8 ones with a quickness, and we'll get them in Burnished Tan Calf as well. Thinking about layering in an Alpine Grain. We're all really stoked - and me in particular - that the Alt Wien shape has proven to be so popular with our customers. I've loved this style for years, and we're going to release a bunch of different takes on it..
Well Kudos to you and your team on combining such great details into a truly unique package. Clearly a home run! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a color 8 restock as I missed out on my size this time around.post #21595 of 327786/23/13 at 6:05pmWe went to the State Opera House for our last day in Vienna. They were performing Wagner's "The Valkyrie." What a stunning place and a great show.
On me: LBM Eggshell DB Jacket, Blue Pinpoint Shirt, Epaulet Knit silver tie, UK Sanded Canvas Olive trousers
On Dylan: Caine Hopsack blazer, ticking stripe shirt, Prince of Wales Walt Trousers from a long-ago factory finds, and Carmina Rand Single Monks in Snuff Suede
On Matt: Southwick Navy Suit, Solid Knit Tie, Cutway blue oxford popover, Carmina Caramel Calf Salinger Double Monks
And here's a shot of the interior:post #21596 of 327786/23/13 at 7:30pmpost #21597 of 327786/23/13 at 8:21pmpost #21598 of 327786/23/13 at 8:43pm
Great write up on the upcoming Vass shoes, thanks for that!
One question - I'll be moving up to NYC in another month and a half. Are Rudy fit trousers purely an online MTO thing, or would a couple misc. Rudy pants be available for purchase at the shop? It's no problem if they aren't and I realize I can't be picky with colors, but figured I'd ask! Thanks!post #21599 of 327786/23/13 at 10:41pmpost #21600 of 327786/24/13 at 1:23amQuote:
I know, it's crazy! Little wide-angle distortion there.
The camera for these shots is the Sony RX100. I'm basically all-Sony these days when it comes to digital. I use the RX1 as my main carry-around camera, the RX100 if I want something more pocketable, or I intend to shoot with a flash, and the A99 (with either the Sony 50/1.4 or the Zeiss 24-70) for website product shots.
Sony's imaging is amazing these days. The RX100 is the best compact camera that I've used, the RX1 is full-frame and incredible, and the A99 is an excellent studio camera as it has a full frame sensor, true live view, and an articulating screen. I'd recommend all of them.
I saw, thank you everyone!Quote:Originally Posted by JackL2
Great write up on the upcoming Vass shoes, thanks for that!
One question - I'll be moving up to NYC in another month and a half. Are Rudy fit trousers purely an online MTO thing, or would a couple misc. Rudy pants be available for purchase at the shop? It's no problem if they aren't and I realize I can't be picky with colors, but figured I'd ask! Thanks!
Perfect - welcome to the city! You're going to love it here.
Rudy's are by special order only, but we have a full run of try-on pairs at the Manhattan shop. And if you come by the store, you can see all of the fabrics in person. At any given time, we're generally able to offer about 85% of the Walt fabrics for Rudy makeups.
I like how you think! Unfortunately we're tapped out of that fabric, so I'm not able to make an additional pair. But you could certainly have the trousers tailored into shorts if you like. Quite a few local customers have done that. Just have the thigh let out when you have them hemmed and you'll get the correct fit.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)