or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1438

post #21556 of 33589
I am really looking forward to see the new Vass collaborations and appreciate Mike's background on the company. In all honesty there is not a huge difference to me in a $700+ pair of shoes and a $1,000 pair. By that I mean they are both a considerable sum of money and if I felt comfortable with justifying one then the deciding factor would likely be stylistic as opposed to the $$ difference between them
post #21557 of 33589
I've owned several pairs of vass shoes and the quality and material was absolutely top notch - substantially better than both alden and crockett and jones hand grade. I immensely regret parting with them (was in college at the time and just couldn't justify the price)
post #21558 of 33589
^ I agree. Vass is on the same level as G&G, EG, and St Crispin

Then Carmina, C&J Handgrade

Followed by Alden, C&J Benchgrade, etc
post #21559 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post

Everyone says so, but I'd like to know what makes them so much better. I don't doubt it's true, but I'd like to know more specifically why. Can anyone share some first hand knowledge here? I'm pretty much set on getting a pair from EP this fall, but I'd like to know more.

Finishing. Hand welted soles. Proper goyser welting. Better lasts. Better looking (if you dig the Austro-hungarian style, which, for a short stocky guy like me, is perfect).

Here's my pair of Theresianer's (3636 last): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




post #21560 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I think it looks great since its an outerwear like stated.

How much would the Vass shoes run? Never spent more than Carmina shells for a pair before but I feel like I need to try a pair. I'm going up start a lemonade stand in the mean time to save up for the $$$.

Save the money. Once you have teh Vash you will be angry at your other shoes.
post #21561 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 View Post

I've owned several pairs of vass shoes and the quality and material was absolutely top notch - substantially better than both alden and crockett and jones hand grade. I immensely regret parting with them (was in college at the time and just couldn't justify the price)
You guys are doing it big. I had a hard time buying Red Wing in undergrad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Save the money. Once you have teh Vash you will be angry at your other shoes.
frown.giffrown.gif
post #21562 of 33589
Vass shits on EG GG et al. Makes Carmina look like Cole Haan.
post #21563 of 33589
Vass is certainly in the same league as the others you mentioned. However I doubt anyone deficates on eg.
post #21564 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Vass shits on EG GG et al. Makes Carmina look like Cole Haan.

All aboard the HypeTrain!
post #21565 of 33589

I second the above, getting tired of the Vass posts, perhaps a seperate thread would be nice. Not all of us can or want to spend more than a mortgage payment on a pair of shoes. Perfectly happy with Aldens, and other made in USA products.

post #21566 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

I second the above, getting tired of the Vass posts, perhaps a seperate thread would be nice. Not all of us can or want to spend more than a mortgage payment on a pair of shoes. Perfectly happy with Aldens, and other made in USA products.

+1

post #21567 of 33589

^ EP is going to carry vass.  It'll be weird if you couldnt talk about it here.  puzzled.gif

post #21568 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

^ EP is going to carry vass.  It'll be weird if you couldnt talk about it here.  puzzled.gif

+1 Nobody gets mad if people get excited about other brands carried by Epaulet. Nobody would think to write "hey I'm sure Carmina is great, but it costs more than Alden and I can't afford it, so let's not talk about it here." And I'm sure if they start running MTOs there will eventually be a separate thread for that, just like Carmina x Epaulet has it's own thread.
post #21569 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

Not all of us can or want to spend more than a mortgage payment on a pair of shoes.

I WISH my monthly rent were less than a pair of Vass!
post #21570 of 33589
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivmo View Post


I WISH my monthly rent were less than a pair of Vass!

Move to Atlanta.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread