Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1438post #21556 of 510106/22/13 at 6:51pmI am really looking forward to see the new Vass collaborations and appreciate Mike's background on the company. In all honesty there is not a huge difference to me in a $700+ pair of shoes and a $1,000 pair. By that I mean they are both a considerable sum of money and if I felt comfortable with justifying one then the deciding factor would likely be stylistic as opposed to the $$ difference between them
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21557 of 510106/22/13 at 7:04pmpost #21558 of 510106/22/13 at 7:16pmpost #21559 of 510106/22/13 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by hypomnema
Everyone says so, but I'd like to know what makes them so much better. I don't doubt it's true, but I'd like to know more specifically why. Can anyone share some first hand knowledge here? I'm pretty much set on getting a pair from EP this fall, but I'd like to know more.
Finishing. Hand welted soles. Proper goyser welting. Better lasts. Better looking (if you dig the Austro-hungarian style, which, for a short stocky guy like me, is perfect).
Here's my pair of Theresianer's (3636 last): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #21560 of 510106/22/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Save the money. Once you have teh Vash you will be angry at your other shoes.post #21561 of 510106/22/13 at 9:10pmQuote:You guys are doing it big. I had a hard time buying Red Wing in undergrad!Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
I've owned several pairs of vass shoes and the quality and material was absolutely top notch - substantially better than both alden and crockett and jones hand grade. I immensely regret parting with them (was in college at the time and just couldn't justify the price)post #21562 of 510106/22/13 at 10:10pmpost #21563 of 510106/22/13 at 11:34pmpost #21564 of 510106/23/13 at 5:01ampost #21565 of 510106/23/13 at 9:44ampost #21566 of 510106/23/13 at 9:47ampost #21567 of 510106/23/13 at 10:38ampost #21568 of 510106/23/13 at 10:43amQuote:
+1 Nobody gets mad if people get excited about other brands carried by Epaulet. Nobody would think to write "hey I'm sure Carmina is great, but it costs more than Alden and I can't afford it, so let's not talk about it here." And I'm sure if they start running MTOs there will eventually be a separate thread for that, just like Carmina x Epaulet has it's own thread.post #21569 of 510106/23/13 at 10:45am
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1240 Active Users (240 Members and 1000 Guests)
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › 13 Feb new wallets - BERLUTI MEGATHREAD - Wallets, card holders,... 8 minutes ago
- › Justice Scalia Has Died 8 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.