or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1437

post #21541 of 32883
Thanks mike, I'm glad that all of you guys took a look at it, and the photos completely sold me. The jacket seems to fit me pretty similarly... I may get the sides tailored a bit, but that will be it. If I was going to wear it like a sports coat, yeah I would send it back, but it is an outerwear piece for me, and as such should work well.

And I'm totally glad I jumped on this because although I'm excited about this years outerwear, there is no DB...

NYI Of course your opinion is much appreciated too! Thanks!



... Too bad I won't be touching any of those 31 walts I've been jonesing for, or the polos, or the sale shoes! But oh well, epaulet always has something cool in the works!
post #21542 of 32883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

For our other boot, it's a Theresianer high boot in dark cognac calf, all eyes and no hooks. That one should arrive in September.

YES! YES! YES!

So, yesterday Epaulet did very well for me, got me through my 8th grade graduation, and emergency trip to the ER (all is well thank goodness) and then some much needed drinking at our end of year party. Tomorrow my lil firl is 5. I'm gonna need a nap Sunday. (Tons of hot nurses gave me compliments on the jacket and shoes while my wife was out of earshot!)
Graduation/ER Gear: Navy Napoli Seersucker and Carmina Suede Austerity Brogue
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Night time partying: Carmina Suede Double Monks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #21543 of 32883
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlms3 View Post

Alright, so I got it.  The bad news is that there was not actually a 38 left.  However, I figured I would give the 40 a shot.  What do you guys think overall?  I will obviously get the sides tailored, and I know the neck is a bit big. But, do you think that over all the fit is good enough to roll with?  I feel that it is because I will most likely be wearing it with sweaters over the winter, so it being slightly large in the neck should not be a problem.  If you honestly think it is too big though, please let me know.  This is the most expensive clothing purchase that I have ever made and I want to make sure that I am not just being biased.
I think it looks great since its an outerwear like stated.

How much would the Vass shoes run? Never spent more than Carmina shells for a pair before but I feel like I need to try a pair. I'm going up start a lemonade stand in the mean time to save up for the $$$.
post #21544 of 32883
Well normal vass price is 420-600 euros for normal leather and then you add in shipping bank transfer fees and a whole lot of hassle which had made me hold off ordering directly
post #21545 of 32883
IIRC there was a price bump right? I don't think there are any models sub $700 if ordered from Vass. And their workshop closes for a month in August it seems.
post #21546 of 32883
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Well normal vass price is 420-600 euros for normal leather and then you add in shipping bank transfer fees and a whole lot of hassle which had made me hold off ordering directly
Also why I never got Carminas until Epaulet started carrying them. Eager to see the models!
post #21547 of 32883
A Vass shoe in standard calf is €365 shipped to the US. The Italian lasts cost more as does something like the museum calf or shell. Obviously a high boot costs more. Add maybe 2.5% for the wire transfer, which admittedly isn't super convenient. Buy that's the least you'd spend on Vass ordered directly.

You can find Vass' price list online by googling. I believe those prices include VAT.

I'm definitely excited to see what Epaulet offers this fall.
Edited by FrankCowperwood - 6/22/13 at 3:29pm
post #21548 of 32883
My first pair would ideally be a shoe. I would be down for a simple short wing of sort.
post #21549 of 32883
I'm excited to see what some suede Vass looks like. Are they the type of company where you can run MTOs like you've been doing with Carmina?
post #21550 of 32883
Huge thanks to James for the hospitality at Epaulet Manhattan today.

Was a great experience and ended with 2 blazers - a blue LBM and caramel duck. Surpisingly Carmina monks I've been lusting after didn't quite do it for me. But I'll be ordering the Alden longwings for sure.
post #21551 of 32883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I'm excited to see what some suede Vass looks like. Are they the type of company where you can run MTOs like you've been doing with Carmina?

They definitely do suede. I have a pair of what are essentially snuff suede PTBs coming soon. And Epaulet should have plenty of scope for some really nice MTOs with Vass.

I believe Vass can also do wide and narrow in pretty much all of their lasts, so that may be something that Epaulet can offer as well.
post #21552 of 32883
I'm really looking forward to this Vass collaboration. I've really wanted to try out Vass but it seems like such a hassle for those of us in the U.S. Having a U.S. retailer is going to be awesome. I would like to know a general idea of price points before I get too excited. I've yet to top the $1K mark for shoes (although I was close with a direct Carmina MTO) and I really thought my next purchase would be Edward Greens (which I plan to purchase when I successfully defended my PhD Dissertation).
post #21553 of 32883
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

They definitely do suede. I have a pair of what are essentially snuff suede PTBs coming soon. And Epaulet should have plenty of scope for some really nice MTOs with Vass.

I believe Vass can also do wide and narrow in pretty much all of their lasts, so that may be something that Epaulet can offer as well.

The possibility of width options definitely sounds good to me, since I'm always struggling to find narrow shoes with every other brand. Hopefully some MTO options won't be too far out of my price range.
post #21554 of 32883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

I'm really looking forward to this Vass collaboration. I've really wanted to try out Vass but it seems like such a hassle for those of us in the U.S. Having a U.S. retailer is going to be awesome. I would like to know a general idea of price points before I get too excited. I've yet to top the $1K mark for shoes (although I was close with a direct Carmina MTO) and I really thought my next purchase would be Edward Greens (which I plan to purchase when I successfully defended my PhD Dissertation).
Likewise. $1k for a pair of shoes or boots is hard for me to pull the trigger on. Most $$ thus far would be Carmina shell.

Definitely excited about this!
post #21555 of 32883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Yup! The guys and I took a day trip to Budapest today to finalize everything. We'll get our first delivery around early September. These shoes are going to be incredible! We'll go live with a complete presentation when they arrive. In the meantime, check out these beauties in Dylan's hands: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Incredible news.

 

Great going Mike!!!

 

 

I can't wait to see what surprises you and Vass have in store for us.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread