I ordered May 23...maybe this week!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 6/19/16 at 3:11am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1430post #21436 of 546696/18/13 at 6:18pmpost #21437 of 546696/18/13 at 6:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Got my special order caramel ducks yesterday - went with a size 35 (up from the last pair I had in 34), and I think these will be perfect. I need to get the waist taken in, but the thighs and seat definitely fit better, slim but not skin tight.
Gonna toss them in the wash to get rid of any shrinkage, which shouldn't matter as much now as compared to my last pair, especially in the length since I went with the 38" inseam. I'm actually hoping it shrinks a but in the length because they're super long, and they should shrink down to a perfect size if they behave the same way as all the other 10oz ducks I've had. Now time to start re-buying more Rivets in size 35 with the extended inseam!
Got my caramel duck special order rivet chinos yesterday as well. Mine are in the wash as I type.post #21438 of 546696/18/13 at 6:21pmpost #21439 of 546696/18/13 at 6:23pmpost #21440 of 546696/18/13 at 7:33pm
Yeah. I got a 38. I wear 36 in most other brands but with the rivets I found a 38 works well if I get the waist taken in. I have large quads which makes it hard for me to get pants that fit right. The special order process was really fast. Only a few weeks.post #21441 of 546696/18/13 at 7:39pmpost #21442 of 546696/18/13 at 8:41pmQuote:
I'm curious to hear what final length you hope for on those Rivets after your wash (38" inseam is long, especially given that they sit a bit lower than the Walts). The off-the-shelf length is just okay for me (just short of 34" inside leg), but with nothing left for a turn up. What are your plans for these?post #21443 of 546696/18/13 at 9:08pmpost #21444 of 546696/18/13 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by pekingman
I'm curious to hear what final length you hope for on those Rivets after your wash (38" inseam is long, especially given that they sit a bit lower than the Walts). The off-the-shelf length is just okay for me (just short of 34" inside leg), but with nothing left for a turn up. What are your plans for these?
My OTR caramel ducks shrunk to the point where they fit perfectly with no cuff. I didn't measure the inseam of those, but I figure since these new ones are 2" longer in the inseam, they should shrink to fit to allow a 2" rolled cuff for me. If they're still a little too long, I'll just get them hemmed or maybe just roll them about 1.5x instead of just a 2" turn-up cuff. I also like my Rivets to fit slightly longer than my dressier Rudy trousers.post #21445 of 546696/19/13 at 1:43amHey guys!
Hope that all is well. Dylan, Matt, and I are all at Pitti Uomo for the week in hot-as-hell Florence, and our internet access is a bit spotty. My apologies that we've been AWOL for the past few days.
If you have any urgent concerns/questions, please contact our shops by phone or email - Adele and the crew will be happy to help you. We're getting a lot of work done here, and we'll have some news to report shortly!
Mikepost #21446 of 546696/19/13 at 3:13ampost #21447 of 546696/19/13 at 3:44ampost #21448 of 546696/19/13 at 10:08ampost #21449 of 546696/19/13 at 1:49pmHaha, thanks for posting that - it was cool to see.
Got a few more to show you. Good thing that none of these photos are too close up, so you can't tell that my shirt is basically acting like a sartorial SHAM-WOW for constant perspiration. I can't believe how hot it is here.
Us and Alan from the Armoury
Dylan in the Caine sportcoat, me in the Luchino Polo
In front of the Pitti Wall. I've got the Luchino on again. Did I mention how great this is for an insanely hot day?
The Petrol Blue Walt and Rand Single Monk in snuff is a really boss combination
Dylan & Matt's "Tango And Cash" look for the Aer Lingus plane flight.post #21450 of 546696/19/13 at 1:54pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 18 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 23 minutes ago
- › New Russian Reindeer Accessories! 28 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 32 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 32 minutes ago
- › Looking for high quality dress shoes 33 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 39 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 40 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding