Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1386post #20776 of 443965/20/13 at 12:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20777 of 443965/20/13 at 12:30pmQuote:Quote:
I dig both the "Joey" and the "MCA"
MCA is actually really awesome. I feel like every perfecto-ish jacket immediately gets a Brando reference. I haven't seen an MCA call-out, but you're right, he rocked those. And RIP.
I might go a different route altogether and roll with the "Halford." I'm sure that we can find a million absolutely ridiculous pics of Rob Halford (the singer of Judas Priest if you ain't knowing) wearing all kinds of crazy bondage shit, but he a pretty awesome UK metal style going in the early days.
And this jacket is meant to be a nod to those old school Lewis Leathers coats, it's just a better quality of skin, made in the States and a more wearable overall shape.
EDIT.. on second thought I'm almost surely not going to name it after Rob Halford. But that doesn't change that fact that we all think he's cool as hell. I saw them play in Vienna like 10 years ago and he was STILL killing it on vocals after all of these years.Quote:
Good chance that it won't. I saw a jacket from the 70's with that zip detail and I liked it, but I agree - it looks out of place here in the photo. I'll see how it looks when the sample arrives. I'll typically try out a few iffy features on samples as we can always imagine how the garment looks without them. I'll post up real fit pics when this arrives. If all goes well with how the sample is made and the production flows, then the possibilities for this coat are endless.post #20778 of 443965/20/13 at 1:47pmpost #20779 of 443965/20/13 at 2:50pmpost #20780 of 443965/20/13 at 3:15pmpost #20781 of 443965/20/13 at 3:17pmpost #20782 of 443965/20/13 at 3:29pmpost #20783 of 443965/20/13 at 4:12pmpost #20784 of 443965/20/13 at 4:28pmpost #20785 of 443965/20/13 at 4:41pmpost #20786 of 443965/20/13 at 5:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Caine hopsack, FF basket weave Walts, and Lama Carminas; Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Awesome - that whole outfit is kicking ass!
Love the Lama Carminas. Last of a dying breed on that leather!
Oh sure, we've four new lightweight wool dress trousers:
Ah my apologies, we didn't run Thorogoods again this year. We'll have a bunch of Carmina boots go up for preorder in all sizes though.Quote:
Tuff! The camo suit debuts!post #20787 of 443965/20/13 at 6:09pmpost #20788 of 443965/20/13 at 6:24pmpost #20789 of 443965/20/13 at 6:36pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1723 Active Users (399 Members and 1324 Guests)
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 5 seconds ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 9 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 27 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hober, Brioni, Charvet ties 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...