Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:55 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:53 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Today
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1386post #20776 of 412865/20/13 at 12:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20777 of 412865/20/13 at 12:30pmQuote:Quote:
I dig both the "Joey" and the "MCA"
MCA is actually really awesome. I feel like every perfecto-ish jacket immediately gets a Brando reference. I haven't seen an MCA call-out, but you're right, he rocked those. And RIP.
I might go a different route altogether and roll with the "Halford." I'm sure that we can find a million absolutely ridiculous pics of Rob Halford (the singer of Judas Priest if you ain't knowing) wearing all kinds of crazy bondage shit, but he a pretty awesome UK metal style going in the early days.
And this jacket is meant to be a nod to those old school Lewis Leathers coats, it's just a better quality of skin, made in the States and a more wearable overall shape.
EDIT.. on second thought I'm almost surely not going to name it after Rob Halford. But that doesn't change that fact that we all think he's cool as hell. I saw them play in Vienna like 10 years ago and he was STILL killing it on vocals after all of these years.Quote:
Good chance that it won't. I saw a jacket from the 70's with that zip detail and I liked it, but I agree - it looks out of place here in the photo. I'll see how it looks when the sample arrives. I'll typically try out a few iffy features on samples as we can always imagine how the garment looks without them. I'll post up real fit pics when this arrives. If all goes well with how the sample is made and the production flows, then the possibilities for this coat are endless.post #20778 of 412865/20/13 at 1:47pmpost #20779 of 412865/20/13 at 2:50pmpost #20780 of 412865/20/13 at 3:15pmpost #20781 of 412865/20/13 at 3:17pmpost #20782 of 412865/20/13 at 3:29pmpost #20783 of 412865/20/13 at 4:12pmpost #20784 of 412865/20/13 at 4:28pmpost #20785 of 412865/20/13 at 4:41pmpost #20786 of 412865/20/13 at 5:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
Caine hopsack, FF basket weave Walts, and Lama Carminas; Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Awesome - that whole outfit is kicking ass!
Love the Lama Carminas. Last of a dying breed on that leather!
Oh sure, we've four new lightweight wool dress trousers:
Ah my apologies, we didn't run Thorogoods again this year. We'll have a bunch of Carmina boots go up for preorder in all sizes though.Quote:
Tuff! The camo suit debuts!post #20787 of 412865/20/13 at 6:09pmpost #20788 of 412865/20/13 at 6:24pmpost #20789 of 412865/20/13 at 6:36pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1811 Active Users (458 Members and 1353 Guests)
- › What are you reading? 7 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 10 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 33 seconds ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 39 seconds ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 51 seconds ago
- › Suggest a hiking boot .... 55 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Yuketen Footwear 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › TOJ MA-1 Suited Wool size 52 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...