Sooo I came home to a big package which included:
- navy hopsack Caine
- grey super 120s walt
- 4-way multi-dot PS (gorgeous)
- Ashland solid burgundy tie
- Ashland navy & green regimental stripe tie
- and a navy Eisenhower (exchanged a medium for a large, fits perfectly now)
Now about the Caine. I've mentioned earlier that I don't really wear sportcoats and I was intending to use one only for one-off occasions, but this thing I've just received makes me wanna reconsider. You guys know this item so enough of that.
Huge props to Mike for going through all the sizing questions with me. I think we nailed the shoulders fit with the size 40. I'll be posting some pics for tailoring guidance later on, but for now a couple of noobish questions.
1) The sleeves are certainly in need of some shortening. I've examined the sleeve edges and I'm not sure if this operation is not too complicated for a tailor to do. Qualified tailors are few and far between where I live.
2) When taking in the waist, how should it be done? When can one get away with just moving buttons some 1/2" vs. actually taking in some cloth? I'm thinking the latter case makes for a more pronounced hourglass silhouette..