or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1370

post #20536 of 29262

when will Epaulet have any new Alden shoes?

post #20537 of 29262
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackyo View Post

when will Epaulet have any new Alden shoes?

Given Alden's backlog, perhaps never, and that's fine with me. I've been waiting over two years for a pair of #8 Tankers that I ordered through a certain Hawaiian seller. I find this wait to be ridiculous.
post #20538 of 29262
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Those are so awesome. Restock!!!

+1. Want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post

Given Alden's backlog, perhaps never, and that's fine with me. I've been waiting over two years for a pair of #8 Tankers that I ordered through a certain Hawaiian seller. I find this wait to be ridiculous.

Agreed, I'm getting pretty sick of Alden. I'm currently waiting on 4 pre-orders. The orders were placed between January 2011 and February 2012, and there is no end in sight for any of them. I seriously will be surprised if I get any of them before the end of 2013.
post #20539 of 29262

The secret to Alden sartorial bliss is not doing pre-orders IMO.  Buy what is available and your frustrations will subside.

post #20540 of 29262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

The secret to Alden sartorial bliss is not doing pre-orders IMO.  Buy what is available and your frustrations will subside.

this is what i try to do. other than the thor boot (which hasnt technically been approved iirc), the only other preorder im in on is the modified kudu through moulded..

 

everything else, i just wait til i see something pop up..

post #20541 of 29262
Does anybody own the Navy Micro Houndstooth Walts? What color shirts do you wear with it?
post #20542 of 29262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

The secret to Alden sartorial bliss is not doing pre-orders IMO.  Buy what is available and your frustrations will subside.

I really wish I could do this - I have narrow feet and can rarely find anything in my size, let alone an exotic shell, which is pretty much impossible now. Ever try finding a size 12.5C in a Cigar LWB on the Leydon last, or a Ravello wingtip boot in 12C? This is why I must pre-order and wait......serenity now...serenity now...serenity now...

Or maybe I just need to stop buying Alden and get something else that can be custom ordered much more quickly. I really need to figure out if I can wear Carmina comfortably or not.
post #20543 of 29262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I really wish I could do this - I have narrow feet and can rarely find anything in my size, let alone an exotic shell, which is pretty much impossible now. Ever try finding a size 12.5C in a Cigar LWB on the Leydon last, or a Ravello wingtip boot in 12C? This is why I must pre-order and wait......serenity now...serenity now...serenity now...

Or maybe I just need to stop buying Alden and get something else that can be custom ordered much more quickly. I really need to figure out if I can wear Carmina comfortably or not.

You've been extremely patient waiting for your Aldens. Hopefully you end up paying three years ago prices for balance on them when they come in...

And I don't even wear an odd size and I think I'm finished buying Aldens. Famous last words, I know, but I have so (too) many and I don't see the point of scrabbling for more. I'm also trying to get off the impulse buying treadmill of "It's in my size, I have to buy it!" Carmina could be a good option for you, though AFIK they are limited in the widths they make their shoes in (i.e., a last is either a little on the narrower or wider side and that's it, with the exception of one or two that they'll do in wide sizes). Of course, the EP preorder service is outstanding and a really great way to get unique Carminas or an EP stock model reserved in your specific size.

I don't want to open up a new can of worms for you, but consider Vass. Excellent quality and lots of flexibility on a very reasonable production schedule and at prices that are in the Alden/Carmina range. Only trick there is finding out your size to begin with.

Or forget Vass and save yourself some money... smile.gif
post #20544 of 29262
It does for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

F*ck, I think I am gonna have to have those black watch. So 34 in Rivet means likely a 33 in Walt, yeah?
post #20545 of 29262
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

F*ck, I think I am gonna have to have those black watch. So 34 in Rivet means likely a 33 in Walt, yeah?

i personally stay 34 in rivet and walt.
post #20546 of 29262
Frank - thanks for the info. I do seem to remember someone saying Carmina doesn't offer narrow widths, but once I get some money to burn I'll try something on the Rain or maybe Simpson to see if those would be doable for me.

As far as Vass, sounds intriguing but it might be difficult to to figure out my size with limited buying options in the US. Maybe a certain men's habadashery will be able to convince them to sell thru their store... :P

And anything more expensive than the Alden/Carmina/Vass price range would most likely be too pricey for me.
post #20547 of 29262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

And anything more expensive than the Alden/Carmina/Vass price range would most likely be too pricey for me.

QFT.

I should probably get that printed up and hang it above my computer monitor. Must not begin buying even more expensive shoes... rotflmao.gif
post #20548 of 29262

Hey guys! We got a restock of the Alden Snuff Suede PTB in yesterday! It's up on the site now.

 

Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe Blucher - $490

post #20549 of 29262
Wore my Lama boots today and OH MY GOD, they are the perfect summer boot. They felt as light as any of my running shoes, and the leather was so comfortable. Today was with the Koi shirt:


post #20550 of 29262
Speaking of the Alden devil...snuff suede PTB is pretty classic. Now where is the damn ravello semi-brogue captoe and whiskey wingtip boot?!

Looks like my first (of many) Epaulet order was June 2009, the seersucker buttondown shirt in a Large.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread