Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Today
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1338
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20057 of 508304/16/13 at 1:37pm
I just measured a pair and the front rise is 10.25". The rear rise is 12.25". Always feel free to drop me a PM, email or give the stores a shout any time you need quick help.Quote:Quote:
HOLY SHIT. It bums me out to think that you guys were killing some karaoke (and, if I had to guess, plenty of whiskey!) and I'm 3000 miles away. Hope everyone that came out had a great time!
THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER!
After long-last, we're thrilled to announce the finalists of our Before/After 2013 contest! Each of these pics represents a "style evolution" from before we were all obsessed with shirts, trousers, shoes, and jackets.
You can vote for as many entries as you like. The poll will close this Saturday. One winner will be chosen here. The other will be chosen by a random drawing - thereby giving everyone who entered an equal chance to winner. The two finalists will both receive an extremely boss pair of special makeup windowpane linen trousers - right in time for the Summer to start.
Huge thanks again to everyone who participated! It was a lot of fun, and it served as an inspiration for all of us!
The thread is here: PEEP THE AWESOMENESS!post #20058 of 508304/16/13 at 2:34pmQuote:
Thank you a lot!
Has the cut of the Rivets changed drastically in the last year?
My ~one year old pair of size 29 (still with horn buttons) has a 8.625 front- and a 15.75 back rise each measured from the crotch (where front and back as well as the inside seams of the legs join).post #20059 of 508304/16/13 at 2:34pmpost #20060 of 508304/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #20061 of 508304/16/13 at 7:23pmpost #20062 of 508304/16/13 at 8:36pmpost #20063 of 508304/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #20064 of 508304/16/13 at 9:38pmHey guys,
We're having another wonderful day of soaking up California sunshine. Dear everyone in San Francisco: we are extremely jealous of your myriad wonderful coffee options and polite taxi drivers.
Regarding buttons and any other small snafu's that might happen with our clothing:
1. We're always grateful to get feedback on our garments, both positive and negative.
2. Buttons are - in particular - a concern for brands like us. Most small-scale factories have either entirely handsewn or simple machine-stitched buttons. In garments like the Hardie cardigan, every single button is stitched by hand. While buttons falling off our clothing is a pretty rare thing, it can happen. They're attached by people, and people do make mistakes from time to time.
I personally sympathize with the frustration when a button comes off. It's a pain in the ass to get them fixed. But it's not really a reflection on the overall quality of the item, as it's a product of the handwork on your garment. The most pricey thing that I own is a Kiton sportcoat - where each button is sewn on by hand. I had the center button of my jacket fall off after the second wear.
That said, just because it's somewhat normal (however infrequent it is), that doesn't make it acceptable. I wasn't happy paying for the Kiton jacket to have its button repaired, even if it's cheap and easy to do. If you ever have a small snafu on an new or recent epaulet garment, then drop us an email. As a policy, we'll reimburse you for the cost of a small repair from your local tailor. This includes buttons falling off, seam failures, fabric fraying. We can't ensure that these things never happen, but we do stand behind our garments and work with customers to ensure that the problems are fixed and that they're satisfied.
I'll have to disagree with you on that one, I think that he's wearing the camo's really well there.Quote:
Haha, yes, and you can add these to the list:
"I'm A Flirt" - R.Kelly
"Slow Hand" - Pointer Sisters
"Suddenly, Seymour" - Little Shop of Horrors
"Party Up in Here" - DMX
Wow. We really sang a foolish lineup of music last night. I'd fully recommend that karaoke spot to any SF residents. It's fantastic, especially the "Osaka" room.Quote:Originally Posted by momentoftruth
just received a couple of the polos (aubergine, bordeaux) and they're great as usual. Fabric is incredible and cut is very good too. I have noticed though that they attract a ton of lint, which the navy one I got last year did too. For some reason the infrared version does not seem to suffer from this very minor issue. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this
Thanks for picking them up! Mercerized cotton attracts lint by its very nature, but I've found that cold wash/hang dry and the occasional pass of a lint roller keeps it under control. If your machine has a delicate setting, you might consider using that and washing it with similar knit garments or on its own.
It's a bit of the trade off against a standard cotton pique. Regular cotton tends to dull with wash and wear and start to look beaten in. Mercerized cotton keeps its shape and that moderate sheen, but it will attract lint through a wash cycle if you put it with things like jeans, chinos, towels, etc..Quote:
Regiment twill is a tough, basic twill fabric. I'd say that it's closest to the traditional "khaki" pant that we all know.
Canvas is a bit more casual and significantly softer and lighter.
Duck canvas is heavier and rougher. It has a fairly open weave so it breathes quite wellQuote:
Haha, I imagine that you could have jumped right in to our assortment of show tunes, forgotten 80's smooth jams, and profane hip-hop.post #20065 of 508304/17/13 at 1:59pmpost #20066 of 508304/17/13 at 5:07pmpost #20067 of 508304/17/13 at 5:58pm
+1. At first I didn't notice it wasn't all backdrop! Great outfit.
I just found this thread, although I've been eyeing Alden and Carmina collabs on the Epaulet site for ages. I am now on my 2nd pair of rivet chinos. Just love 'em. I'm eyeing one of the sportcoats now but am still struggling with the prices. I know I don't need another thread to destroy my pocketbook like the Alden and AE threads have done but...post #20068 of 508304/17/13 at 8:34pmJust bought a ton of stuff in separate orders. It's all incredible.
If I have a little bit of room (but not much, and not after wash/dry) in the medium flannel and oxford, should I go with a 36 or 38 jacket?
Also, would the caramel carminas work well with the dark navy of the super 120s?
http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/suits-outerwear/products/weller-sportcoat-navy-super-120s-wool-1post #20069 of 508304/17/13 at 8:59pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 15 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 20 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 27 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...