Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 5/24/16 at 4:50am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 6:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1338post #20057 of 539194/16/13 at 1:37pm
I just measured a pair and the front rise is 10.25". The rear rise is 12.25". Always feel free to drop me a PM, email or give the stores a shout any time you need quick help.Quote:Quote:
HOLY SHIT. It bums me out to think that you guys were killing some karaoke (and, if I had to guess, plenty of whiskey!) and I'm 3000 miles away. Hope everyone that came out had a great time!
THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER!
After long-last, we're thrilled to announce the finalists of our Before/After 2013 contest! Each of these pics represents a "style evolution" from before we were all obsessed with shirts, trousers, shoes, and jackets.
You can vote for as many entries as you like. The poll will close this Saturday. One winner will be chosen here. The other will be chosen by a random drawing - thereby giving everyone who entered an equal chance to winner. The two finalists will both receive an extremely boss pair of special makeup windowpane linen trousers - right in time for the Summer to start.
Huge thanks again to everyone who participated! It was a lot of fun, and it served as an inspiration for all of us!
The thread is here: PEEP THE AWESOMENESS!post #20058 of 539194/16/13 at 2:34pmQuote:
Thank you a lot!
Has the cut of the Rivets changed drastically in the last year?
My ~one year old pair of size 29 (still with horn buttons) has a 8.625 front- and a 15.75 back rise each measured from the crotch (where front and back as well as the inside seams of the legs join).post #20059 of 539194/16/13 at 2:34pmpost #20060 of 539194/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #20061 of 539194/16/13 at 7:23pmpost #20062 of 539194/16/13 at 8:36pmpost #20063 of 539194/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #20064 of 539194/16/13 at 9:38pmHey guys,
We're having another wonderful day of soaking up California sunshine. Dear everyone in San Francisco: we are extremely jealous of your myriad wonderful coffee options and polite taxi drivers.
Regarding buttons and any other small snafu's that might happen with our clothing:
1. We're always grateful to get feedback on our garments, both positive and negative.
2. Buttons are - in particular - a concern for brands like us. Most small-scale factories have either entirely handsewn or simple machine-stitched buttons. In garments like the Hardie cardigan, every single button is stitched by hand. While buttons falling off our clothing is a pretty rare thing, it can happen. They're attached by people, and people do make mistakes from time to time.
I personally sympathize with the frustration when a button comes off. It's a pain in the ass to get them fixed. But it's not really a reflection on the overall quality of the item, as it's a product of the handwork on your garment. The most pricey thing that I own is a Kiton sportcoat - where each button is sewn on by hand. I had the center button of my jacket fall off after the second wear.
That said, just because it's somewhat normal (however infrequent it is), that doesn't make it acceptable. I wasn't happy paying for the Kiton jacket to have its button repaired, even if it's cheap and easy to do. If you ever have a small snafu on an new or recent epaulet garment, then drop us an email. As a policy, we'll reimburse you for the cost of a small repair from your local tailor. This includes buttons falling off, seam failures, fabric fraying. We can't ensure that these things never happen, but we do stand behind our garments and work with customers to ensure that the problems are fixed and that they're satisfied.
I'll have to disagree with you on that one, I think that he's wearing the camo's really well there.Quote:
Haha, yes, and you can add these to the list:
"I'm A Flirt" - R.Kelly
"Slow Hand" - Pointer Sisters
"Suddenly, Seymour" - Little Shop of Horrors
"Party Up in Here" - DMX
Wow. We really sang a foolish lineup of music last night. I'd fully recommend that karaoke spot to any SF residents. It's fantastic, especially the "Osaka" room.Quote:Originally Posted by momentoftruth
just received a couple of the polos (aubergine, bordeaux) and they're great as usual. Fabric is incredible and cut is very good too. I have noticed though that they attract a ton of lint, which the navy one I got last year did too. For some reason the infrared version does not seem to suffer from this very minor issue. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this
Thanks for picking them up! Mercerized cotton attracts lint by its very nature, but I've found that cold wash/hang dry and the occasional pass of a lint roller keeps it under control. If your machine has a delicate setting, you might consider using that and washing it with similar knit garments or on its own.
It's a bit of the trade off against a standard cotton pique. Regular cotton tends to dull with wash and wear and start to look beaten in. Mercerized cotton keeps its shape and that moderate sheen, but it will attract lint through a wash cycle if you put it with things like jeans, chinos, towels, etc..Quote:
Regiment twill is a tough, basic twill fabric. I'd say that it's closest to the traditional "khaki" pant that we all know.
Canvas is a bit more casual and significantly softer and lighter.
Duck canvas is heavier and rougher. It has a fairly open weave so it breathes quite wellQuote:
Haha, I imagine that you could have jumped right in to our assortment of show tunes, forgotten 80's smooth jams, and profane hip-hop.post #20065 of 539194/17/13 at 1:59pmpost #20066 of 539194/17/13 at 5:07pmpost #20067 of 539194/17/13 at 5:58pm
+1. At first I didn't notice it wasn't all backdrop! Great outfit.
I just found this thread, although I've been eyeing Alden and Carmina collabs on the Epaulet site for ages. I am now on my 2nd pair of rivet chinos. Just love 'em. I'm eyeing one of the sportcoats now but am still struggling with the prices. I know I don't need another thread to destroy my pocketbook like the Alden and AE threads have done but...post #20068 of 539194/17/13 at 8:34pmJust bought a ton of stuff in separate orders. It's all incredible.
If I have a little bit of room (but not much, and not after wash/dry) in the medium flannel and oxford, should I go with a 36 or 38 jacket?
Also, would the caramel carminas work well with the dark navy of the super 120s?
http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/suits-outerwear/products/weller-sportcoat-navy-super-120s-wool-1post #20069 of 539194/17/13 at 8:59pmpost #20070 of 539194/17/13 at 9:19pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 13 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 15 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 49 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 59 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding