Damn, the MTO sportcoat option is so dangerous. You guys got to slow your roll...can't keep up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1323post #19831 of 444054/6/13 at 2:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19832 of 444054/6/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by wakawaka
Guys, would you give me some advice? It's rather not entirely on Epaulet-related topic but I hope no one will be too mad at me . At Polish eBay equivalent I've found an L.B.M. 1911 autumn (?) jacket: http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=3142718282 Presumably an older style, described as new with tags, couldn't find any photos or information on it anywhere. Is it worth interest?
I wouldn't do it...post #19833 of 444054/6/13 at 3:04pmpost #19834 of 444054/6/13 at 3:10pmNew Epaulet Ties
We got in a bunch of ties from our "Rhineland Collection." They're made by some serious folk in Deutchland. Here's the lineup:
Purple w/Blue & Gold Squares Silk Tie : $80
Blue w/Gold Diamonds Silk Tie: $90
Navy w/White & Red Florets Silk Tie: $90
Multicolor Silk Regimental Stripe Tie: $90
Solid Burgundy Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Navy Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Red Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Purple Silk Pique Tie: $90post #19835 of 444054/6/13 at 3:17pmpost #19836 of 444054/6/13 at 3:18pmpost #19837 of 444054/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #19838 of 444054/6/13 at 3:37pmpost #19839 of 444054/6/13 at 4:00pmpost #19840 of 444054/6/13 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I'd definitely encourage doing the duck canvas in the Unconstructed Napoli fit. It lends itself to that nicely and the thicker fabric gives a great shoulder line.
The Grape Pastel Scottish check is hands-down the most boss of all our Southwick fabric options for the season. Everyone here went a little bonkers when that swatch arrived. It has a great hand and will make up beautifully.
If I was doing it, I'd probably choose the regular constructed shoulder and 3/8 lining. The "natural" constructed shoulder is still pretty soft and unobtrusive, but it will allow you to dress it up more if the need arises. Open patch pockets have been really popular lately, but most guys doing MTO have opted to do a welt pocket on the breast rather than a third open patch. Breast welts hold pocket squares better
Thank you! And please feel free to call or email if you ever have any specific questions on the fabrics - we're all very familiar with all of them.
The Grape Pastel is now mine (or will be). I could not risk letting it get away. Anyhow, thanks for the advice. I had been thinking along much the same lines, so I went with the specs you suggest. I think that plan will work with this fabric. Now I just have to decide about the others. Besides the Scottish silk herringbone, I also like the pastel green. But that one I think I would do in an unstructured fit, if in fact I get it. It is a soft, light silk, but I see it as a fairly casual SC. Hmm.
Obviously, this is financially disastrous.post #19841 of 444054/6/13 at 6:01pm
YES! i wear 28.
ok, three of them i already own (brown hounds, navy linen, cramerton). lol. i might pick up one of the others though. moleskin seems too warm for cali unless it's in the middle of winter. thanks for the heads up.post #19842 of 444054/6/13 at 6:08pmpost #19843 of 444054/6/13 at 6:10pmpost #19844 of 444054/6/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
I know that feeling. Just went for the navy linen and charcoal. Can't argue with staples. They can be ever so slightly tight, but nothing a tailor can't fix for the price.post #19845 of 444054/6/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
good man. that's a phenomenal deal for those two. i have the grey wool/cash walts that are almost a charcoal color (darker than grey super 120s). the navy linens are boss and will be perfect in the coming months.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1577 Active Users (353 Members and 1224 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 seconds ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 43 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › First adventure in MTM 3 minutes ago
- › Repair of Nomos watch taking way too long 4 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 4 minutes ago
- › Suit/Shoe advice needed 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suits in Tokyo 9 minutes ago
- › Old shoes, new blisters. 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...