Damn, the MTO sportcoat option is so dangerous. You guys got to slow your roll...can't keep up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1323post #19831 of 339484/6/13 at 2:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19832 of 339484/6/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by wakawaka
Guys, would you give me some advice? It's rather not entirely on Epaulet-related topic but I hope no one will be too mad at me . At Polish eBay equivalent I've found an L.B.M. 1911 autumn (?) jacket: http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=3142718282 Presumably an older style, described as new with tags, couldn't find any photos or information on it anywhere. Is it worth interest?
I wouldn't do it...post #19833 of 339484/6/13 at 3:04pmpost #19834 of 339484/6/13 at 3:10pmNew Epaulet Ties
We got in a bunch of ties from our "Rhineland Collection." They're made by some serious folk in Deutchland. Here's the lineup:
Purple w/Blue & Gold Squares Silk Tie : $80
Blue w/Gold Diamonds Silk Tie: $90
Navy w/White & Red Florets Silk Tie: $90
Multicolor Silk Regimental Stripe Tie: $90
Solid Burgundy Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Navy Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Red Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Purple Silk Pique Tie: $90post #19835 of 339484/6/13 at 3:17pmpost #19836 of 339484/6/13 at 3:18pmpost #19837 of 339484/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #19838 of 339484/6/13 at 3:37pmpost #19839 of 339484/6/13 at 4:00pmpost #19840 of 339484/6/13 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I'd definitely encourage doing the duck canvas in the Unconstructed Napoli fit. It lends itself to that nicely and the thicker fabric gives a great shoulder line.
The Grape Pastel Scottish check is hands-down the most boss of all our Southwick fabric options for the season. Everyone here went a little bonkers when that swatch arrived. It has a great hand and will make up beautifully.
If I was doing it, I'd probably choose the regular constructed shoulder and 3/8 lining. The "natural" constructed shoulder is still pretty soft and unobtrusive, but it will allow you to dress it up more if the need arises. Open patch pockets have been really popular lately, but most guys doing MTO have opted to do a welt pocket on the breast rather than a third open patch. Breast welts hold pocket squares better
Thank you! And please feel free to call or email if you ever have any specific questions on the fabrics - we're all very familiar with all of them.
The Grape Pastel is now mine (or will be). I could not risk letting it get away. Anyhow, thanks for the advice. I had been thinking along much the same lines, so I went with the specs you suggest. I think that plan will work with this fabric. Now I just have to decide about the others. Besides the Scottish silk herringbone, I also like the pastel green. But that one I think I would do in an unstructured fit, if in fact I get it. It is a soft, light silk, but I see it as a fairly casual SC. Hmm.
Obviously, this is financially disastrous.post #19841 of 339484/6/13 at 6:01pm
YES! i wear 28.
ok, three of them i already own (brown hounds, navy linen, cramerton). lol. i might pick up one of the others though. moleskin seems too warm for cali unless it's in the middle of winter. thanks for the heads up.post #19842 of 339484/6/13 at 6:08pmpost #19843 of 339484/6/13 at 6:10pmpost #19844 of 339484/6/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
I know that feeling. Just went for the navy linen and charcoal. Can't argue with staples. They can be ever so slightly tight, but nothing a tailor can't fix for the price.post #19845 of 339484/6/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
good man. that's a phenomenal deal for those two. i have the grey wool/cash walts that are almost a charcoal color (darker than grey super 120s). the navy linens are boss and will be perfect in the coming months.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1650 Active Users (440 Members and 1210 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 seconds ago
- › Frederick Scholte 21 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 54 seconds ago
- › recreating a david evans pattern - tie to be made by cappelli 2 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa Sportcoat: Let's Get Another One Rolling! 5 minutes ago
- › Barbour Quilted Vest X-Small (34-36) BRAND NEW 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...