Damn, the MTO sportcoat option is so dangerous. You guys got to slow your roll...can't keep up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:57 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:16 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1323post #19831 of 452024/6/13 at 2:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19832 of 452024/6/13 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by wakawaka
Guys, would you give me some advice? It's rather not entirely on Epaulet-related topic but I hope no one will be too mad at me . At Polish eBay equivalent I've found an L.B.M. 1911 autumn (?) jacket: http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=3142718282 Presumably an older style, described as new with tags, couldn't find any photos or information on it anywhere. Is it worth interest?
I wouldn't do it...post #19833 of 452024/6/13 at 3:04pmpost #19834 of 452024/6/13 at 3:10pmNew Epaulet Ties
We got in a bunch of ties from our "Rhineland Collection." They're made by some serious folk in Deutchland. Here's the lineup:
Purple w/Blue & Gold Squares Silk Tie : $80
Blue w/Gold Diamonds Silk Tie: $90
Navy w/White & Red Florets Silk Tie: $90
Multicolor Silk Regimental Stripe Tie: $90
Solid Burgundy Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Navy Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Red Silk Pique Tie: $90
Solid Purple Silk Pique Tie: $90post #19835 of 452024/6/13 at 3:17pmpost #19836 of 452024/6/13 at 3:18pmpost #19837 of 452024/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #19838 of 452024/6/13 at 3:37pmpost #19839 of 452024/6/13 at 4:00pmpost #19840 of 452024/6/13 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I'd definitely encourage doing the duck canvas in the Unconstructed Napoli fit. It lends itself to that nicely and the thicker fabric gives a great shoulder line.
The Grape Pastel Scottish check is hands-down the most boss of all our Southwick fabric options for the season. Everyone here went a little bonkers when that swatch arrived. It has a great hand and will make up beautifully.
If I was doing it, I'd probably choose the regular constructed shoulder and 3/8 lining. The "natural" constructed shoulder is still pretty soft and unobtrusive, but it will allow you to dress it up more if the need arises. Open patch pockets have been really popular lately, but most guys doing MTO have opted to do a welt pocket on the breast rather than a third open patch. Breast welts hold pocket squares better
Thank you! And please feel free to call or email if you ever have any specific questions on the fabrics - we're all very familiar with all of them.
The Grape Pastel is now mine (or will be). I could not risk letting it get away. Anyhow, thanks for the advice. I had been thinking along much the same lines, so I went with the specs you suggest. I think that plan will work with this fabric. Now I just have to decide about the others. Besides the Scottish silk herringbone, I also like the pastel green. But that one I think I would do in an unstructured fit, if in fact I get it. It is a soft, light silk, but I see it as a fairly casual SC. Hmm.
Obviously, this is financially disastrous.post #19841 of 452024/6/13 at 6:01pm
YES! i wear 28.
ok, three of them i already own (brown hounds, navy linen, cramerton). lol. i might pick up one of the others though. moleskin seems too warm for cali unless it's in the middle of winter. thanks for the heads up.post #19842 of 452024/6/13 at 6:08pmpost #19843 of 452024/6/13 at 6:10pmpost #19844 of 452024/6/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
I know that feeling. Just went for the navy linen and charcoal. Can't argue with staples. They can be ever so slightly tight, but nothing a tailor can't fix for the price.post #19845 of 452024/6/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
good man. that's a phenomenal deal for those two. i have the grey wool/cash walts that are almost a charcoal color (darker than grey super 120s). the navy linens are boss and will be perfect in the coming months.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1747 Active Users (388 Members and 1359 Guests)
- › Cars We Drive! 1 second ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...