Mike, is the grey hopsack available for a MTO jacket (to match the stock Walt)?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 1:23 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 4:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1322post #19816 of 551264/5/13 at 4:07pmpost #19817 of 551264/5/13 at 4:30pm
We've got a lot of special order product rolling in (FF shirts & jackets). In the meantime, here are few overcut FF shirts, only single units. But have to say, they look great!
Edited by EpauletFemme - 4/5/13 at 4:57pmpost #19818 of 551264/5/13 at 4:41pmQuote:
In terms of Xshort, we can do that in the sleeves right now. We're confirming whether we can do that in the body as well. We should know early next week. They use a computerized cutting table, so the measurements are exactly halfway in between the two sizes.Quote:Originally Posted by thirdman
The MTO jackets look great!
Two quick questions: I think you've mentioned in the past that the in between sizes scale every measurement up or down, but I thought I'd double check about the length. I think a 40 is 1" longer than a 38", so a 39" would be .5" longer than a 38"?
Also, the fit is close to perfect on me except the shoulders. I need a bit of shoulder slope, especially for a jacket with so little padding (and I haven't tried one in the Napoli cut, which I imagine would be a bit worse). Do you think you might be able to offer that in the future as an option (say a basic 1" slope), even for an added cost?
Yes, that is correct on the length, a 39" will be right in the middle of a isze 38" and 40".Quote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
First, MTO jackets look fantastic. Even more excited to see how my FF jackets fit in 41 now.
And a question from me as well: How long will the spring/summer weight fabrics remain up? I ask this with the assumption that at some point the lightweight stuff will be swapped out for fall/winter fabrics.
The spring/summer weight fabrics are open stock from Southwick. So either if we sell out of the fabric or if they do, that's when it will be unavailable. Most of the fabrics are limited, approximately 20 yards or under. The stock fabrics which we'll always have are: navy 120's, grey merino, navy hopsack and the duck canvas.
And yes, once we get into the Fall season we'll be putting up some amazing swatches!Quote:The blue silk two tone is brand new, we've never offered it.And if you guys have any questions about the MTO jackets or shirts, I'm your woman. Shoot me a PM or email me.post #19819 of 551264/5/13 at 4:44pmpost #19820 of 551264/5/13 at 4:55pmpost #19821 of 551264/5/13 at 4:58pmpost #19822 of 551264/5/13 at 6:30pmpost #19823 of 551264/5/13 at 7:24pmpost #19824 of 551264/6/13 at 4:33amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
I'm on for the Navy S/S.
I opted patch hip and welted breast in the Napoli cut. I also opted for badass lining! Love all the options. The other fits are great too though, I wouldn't say one is more "summery" weight wise, but the Napoli is definitely more relaxed and maybe a hair lighter.
That may be a good choice. But now I've gotten myself a little unsettled in my preference. I am determined to have the grape pastel SC. But I am starting to think that that fabric might look better in the 3/8 lined, regular construction (so: the light shoulder padding). That little bit of structure gives some of my other SCs a nice, clean look, a bit less casual than the unstructured option. For a finer fabric that might be a good thing. Then again, I plan to wear it casually. I think the Scottish silk herringbone tweed wants a little structure. But the duck canvas should be unstructured. But perhaps others disagree. Must decide.post #19825 of 551264/6/13 at 5:05ampost #19826 of 551264/6/13 at 9:39ampost #19827 of 551264/6/13 at 10:36am
Guys, would you give me some advice? It's rather not entirely on Epaulet-related topic but I hope no one will be too mad at me . At Polish eBay equivalent I've found an L.B.M. 1911 autumn (?) jacket: http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=3142718282 Presumably an older style, described as new with tags, couldn't find any photos or information on it anywhere. Is it worth interest?post #19828 of 551264/6/13 at 10:43ampost #19829 of 551264/6/13 at 1:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by unclesam099
I really like the scans of the fabric on the card that denote the weight and the origin of the fabric. I was going to make a suggestion but you beat me to it - photographing the fabrics in natural light and/or at an angle. Especially in the latest Rivet Factory Find mailing, you get a REALLY good sense of the depth of the colors. Thanks for photographing the MTO fabrics at an angle. Awesome!
Thank you! I'm all about natural lighting and angled shots. We'll keep that spirit alive.Quote:
YES! Actually we totally neglected to build that in. We'll hook that up next week. We actually had two guys come in to order that grey jacket today.Quote:Originally Posted by Simplicio
That may be a good choice. But now I've gotten myself a little unsettled in my preference. I am determined to have the grape pastel SC. But I am starting to think that that fabric might look better in the 3/8 lined, regular construction (so: the light shoulder padding). That little bit of structure gives some of my other SCs a nice, clean look, a bit less casual than the unstructured option. For a finer fabric that might be a good thing. Then again, I plan to wear it casually. I think the Scottish silk herringbone tweed wants a little structure. But the duck canvas should be unstructured. But perhaps others disagree. Must decide.Quote:
I'd definitely encourage doing the duck canvas in the Unconstructed Napoli fit. It lends itself to that nicely and the thicker fabric gives a great shoulder line.
The Grape Pastel Scottish check is hands-down the most boss of all our Southwick fabric options for the season. Everyone here went a little bonkers when that swatch arrived. It has a great hand and will make up beautifully.
If I was doing it, I'd probably choose the regular constructed shoulder and 3/8 lining. The "natural" constructed shoulder is still pretty soft and unobtrusive, but it will allow you to dress it up more if the need arises. Open patch pockets have been really popular lately, but most guys doing MTO have opted to do a welt pocket on the breast rather than a third open patch. Breast welts hold pocket squares betterQuote:
Thank you! And please feel free to call or email if you ever have any specific questions on the fabrics - we're all very familiar with all of them.post #19830 of 551264/6/13 at 2:17pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - July 22, 2016: Victory in Detail 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Braces, waistcoat and nature calls question. 17 minutes ago
- › Interest check: Eidos Chiaia brown herringbone topcoat, 52 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding