Got a pair of the navy Rivet chinos in today (thanks again for the help, Mike! I owe you!), and I'll need to take the waist/seat out a tad but otherwise I love them. This is unfortunate for my back account, as now I'm looking at the Factory Finds options. Is the cotton/cashmere khaki lighter than the shade of khaki used for the 8 oz canvas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 1:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 2:53 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1321post #19801 of 576854/5/13 at 11:34ampost #19802 of 576854/5/13 at 11:39amSOUTHWICK MTO PROGRAM
As many of you guys have seen, we're bringing a new level of customization to our Southwick collection. You can see the Spring/Summer lineup of fabrics here:
Here's some points about the program:
1. We've actually been doing MTO work along these lines for the better part of 2 years, this is just the first time that we've put everything online. The system works very smoothly. You place the order, and you get a jacket shipped right to your door within 4-6 weeks. Domestic customers are shipped directly from Southwick, International customers are shipped from us.
2. We're using a mixture of our in-house fabrics (Navy 120s, Grey Merino, Duck Canvas) and Southwick Fabrics. We generally have good availability on the in-house fabrics. Southwick fabrics (they all have specific numerical style numbers) can be subject to availability. We've taken about 5 orders on the Navy Tone-on-Tone seersucker jacket so far, and there's only another 2 or 3 that can be cut in that fabric. The rest are pretty good stock-wise.
3. We'll have swatches available to see in person at both of our NYC shops within the next 1-2 days.
4. At the moment, the only "suits" that we can offer are Navy 120s, Caramel Duck, Navy Duck, and Grey Merino. In the Fall we'll have a whole bunch of suiting fabrics that will be available. With the current Spring lineup, the fabrics that have matching pants already are really the only ones that you'd want to make a suit out of. Those other wool-linen fabrics make great jackets, but would probably get shredded quickly as a trouser. Trouser have a huge amount of stress put on them, so it's important not to use weaves that are too open and light. Sportcoats don't face the same amount of wear.
5. We'll slowly build it out with more options over the next few months. I know that we're currently working on a sample jacket in Digicamo rip-stop . If that works, then we can take special orders in both Desert and Woodland. You can - in theory - have a digicam double breasted suit. Paging Wisith for that one!post #19803 of 576854/5/13 at 11:40ampost #19804 of 576854/5/13 at 11:56amThe MTO jackets look great!
Two quick questions: I think you've mentioned in the past that the in between sizes scale every measurement up or down, but I thought I'd double check about the length. I think a 40 is 1" longer than a 38", so a 39" would be .5" longer than a 38"?
Also, the fit is close to perfect on me except the shoulders. I need a bit of shoulder slope, especially for a jacket with so little padding (and I haven't tried one in the Napoli cut, which I imagine would be a bit worse). Do you think you might be able to offer that in the future as an option (say a basic 1" slope), even for an added cost?
Thanks!post #19805 of 576854/5/13 at 11:58ampost #19806 of 576854/5/13 at 12:04pmFirst, MTO jackets look fantastic. Even more excited to see how my FF jackets fit in 41 now.
And a question from me as well: How long will the spring/summer weight fabrics remain up? I ask this with the assumption that at some point the lightweight stuff will be swapped out for fall/winter fabrics.post #19807 of 576854/5/13 at 12:25pmpost #19808 of 576854/5/13 at 2:22pmMike,
I really like the scans of the fabric on the card that denote the weight and the origin of the fabric. I was going to make a suggestion but you beat me to it - photographing the fabrics in natural light and/or at an angle. Especially in the latest Rivet Factory Find mailing, you get a REALLY good sense of the depth of the colors. Thanks for photographing the MTO fabrics at an angle. Awesome!post #19809 of 576854/5/13 at 2:37pmpost #19810 of 576854/5/13 at 2:40pmpost #19811 of 576854/5/13 at 2:58pmpost #19812 of 576854/5/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
I'm on for the Navy S/S.
I opted patch hip and welted breast in the Napoli cut. I also opted for badass lining! Love all the options. The other fits are great too though, I wouldn't say one is more "summery" weight wise, but the Napoli is definitely more relaxed and maybe a hair lighter.post #19813 of 576854/5/13 at 3:16pmpost #19814 of 576854/5/13 at 3:23pmQuote:
the closest thing I can think of that you could be remembering is my guncheck Marcello jacket (discontinued)post #19815 of 576854/5/13 at 3:36pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1071 Active Users (125 Members and 946 Guests)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Keeper loop 19 minutes ago
- › MTM or Bespoke Tailcoat Tuxedo? 23 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 51 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway