Got a pair of the navy Rivet chinos in today (thanks again for the help, Mike! I owe you!), and I'll need to take the waist/seat out a tad but otherwise I love them. This is unfortunate for my back account, as now I'm looking at the Factory Finds options. Is the cotton/cashmere khaki lighter than the shade of khaki used for the 8 oz canvas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:34 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 11:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1321post #19801 of 425764/5/13 at 11:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19802 of 425764/5/13 at 11:39amSOUTHWICK MTO PROGRAM
As many of you guys have seen, we're bringing a new level of customization to our Southwick collection. You can see the Spring/Summer lineup of fabrics here:
Here's some points about the program:
1. We've actually been doing MTO work along these lines for the better part of 2 years, this is just the first time that we've put everything online. The system works very smoothly. You place the order, and you get a jacket shipped right to your door within 4-6 weeks. Domestic customers are shipped directly from Southwick, International customers are shipped from us.
2. We're using a mixture of our in-house fabrics (Navy 120s, Grey Merino, Duck Canvas) and Southwick Fabrics. We generally have good availability on the in-house fabrics. Southwick fabrics (they all have specific numerical style numbers) can be subject to availability. We've taken about 5 orders on the Navy Tone-on-Tone seersucker jacket so far, and there's only another 2 or 3 that can be cut in that fabric. The rest are pretty good stock-wise.
3. We'll have swatches available to see in person at both of our NYC shops within the next 1-2 days.
4. At the moment, the only "suits" that we can offer are Navy 120s, Caramel Duck, Navy Duck, and Grey Merino. In the Fall we'll have a whole bunch of suiting fabrics that will be available. With the current Spring lineup, the fabrics that have matching pants already are really the only ones that you'd want to make a suit out of. Those other wool-linen fabrics make great jackets, but would probably get shredded quickly as a trouser. Trouser have a huge amount of stress put on them, so it's important not to use weaves that are too open and light. Sportcoats don't face the same amount of wear.
5. We'll slowly build it out with more options over the next few months. I know that we're currently working on a sample jacket in Digicamo rip-stop . If that works, then we can take special orders in both Desert and Woodland. You can - in theory - have a digicam double breasted suit. Paging Wisith for that one!post #19803 of 425764/5/13 at 11:40ampost #19804 of 425764/5/13 at 11:56amThe MTO jackets look great!
Two quick questions: I think you've mentioned in the past that the in between sizes scale every measurement up or down, but I thought I'd double check about the length. I think a 40 is 1" longer than a 38", so a 39" would be .5" longer than a 38"?
Also, the fit is close to perfect on me except the shoulders. I need a bit of shoulder slope, especially for a jacket with so little padding (and I haven't tried one in the Napoli cut, which I imagine would be a bit worse). Do you think you might be able to offer that in the future as an option (say a basic 1" slope), even for an added cost?
Thanks!post #19805 of 425764/5/13 at 11:58ampost #19806 of 425764/5/13 at 12:04pmFirst, MTO jackets look fantastic. Even more excited to see how my FF jackets fit in 41 now.
And a question from me as well: How long will the spring/summer weight fabrics remain up? I ask this with the assumption that at some point the lightweight stuff will be swapped out for fall/winter fabrics.post #19807 of 425764/5/13 at 12:25pmpost #19808 of 425764/5/13 at 2:22pmMike,
I really like the scans of the fabric on the card that denote the weight and the origin of the fabric. I was going to make a suggestion but you beat me to it - photographing the fabrics in natural light and/or at an angle. Especially in the latest Rivet Factory Find mailing, you get a REALLY good sense of the depth of the colors. Thanks for photographing the MTO fabrics at an angle. Awesome!post #19809 of 425764/5/13 at 2:37pmpost #19810 of 425764/5/13 at 2:40pmpost #19811 of 425764/5/13 at 2:58pmpost #19812 of 425764/5/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
I'm on for the Navy S/S.
I opted patch hip and welted breast in the Napoli cut. I also opted for badass lining! Love all the options. The other fits are great too though, I wouldn't say one is more "summery" weight wise, but the Napoli is definitely more relaxed and maybe a hair lighter.post #19813 of 425764/5/13 at 3:16pmpost #19814 of 425764/5/13 at 3:23pmQuote:
the closest thing I can think of that you could be remembering is my guncheck Marcello jacket (discontinued)post #19815 of 425764/5/13 at 3:36pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1620 Active Users (384 Members and 1236 Guests)
- › Viberg Service Boots Shell Cordovan Color 10D 11 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge May 8th 2015: The odd white trouser challenge... 36 seconds ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 36 seconds ago
- › The irritating side of driving shoes and moccasins. 50 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...