Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/17/16 at 7:54am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 8:17 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1293post #19381 of 564113/19/13 at 10:36ampost #19382 of 564113/19/13 at 1:09pmpost #19383 of 564113/19/13 at 2:58pm
We'll have a ton of new trousers going up this week, but here are a ton of restocks to hold you guys over:post #19384 of 564113/19/13 at 3:09pmpost #19385 of 564113/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #19386 of 564113/19/13 at 3:37pmpost #19387 of 564113/19/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Really excited to see the gingham option!
Any idea of when a Gunmetal Rivet restock will happen soon? Need the 34 to come back...
And finally. Can someone tell me which pants these are? Are they the Brushed Heavyweight Taupe?post #19388 of 564113/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #19389 of 564113/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #19390 of 564113/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #19391 of 564113/19/13 at 8:51pmpost #19392 of 564113/19/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
So, here's a question I have regarding sleeve lengths.
Based on past experience, this has been kind of a gamble as I've ended up with several different lengths after washing (cold, hang dry) depending on the fabric. I wear almost all my Epaulet shirts casually (ie not usually with a jacket) so this hasn't been too much of a problem, but for instance here are some examples from my closet:
sleeves from shoulder:
original japanese blue OCBD (union-esque label): 24"
more recent white OCBD (plain epaulet label): 25"
blue/white seersucker: 25 1/4" (this one I've even thrown in the dryer but it's still the longest)
purple/brown gingham: 23 3/4" (this one was actually a real bummer, since it could have worked as a dress shirt otherwise)
cranberry madras: 24"
blue/purple check (wool/cotton blend): 25"
these are all size XS, which on the site is listed as having 34.5" sleeves from the center back, which if you subtract the yoke (shoulder), means the sleeves should be measuring 26" actually. obviously, none of them come close to that, but since I'm actually about a 14.5x33 in dress shirts, that's been ok.
but my point is, there's quite a bit of variety here, and while that isn't to be totally unexpected buying shirts that come in unwashed fabrics, are you going to be able to let us know what to expect from the fabrics in the MTO system so that we can have some educated guess as to whether we need to be adding or subtracting sleeve length?
I know the Ashland shirts use pre-washed fabric, right? Is there any reason you wouldn't switch to that for the mainline shirts to get that same consistency?post #19393 of 564113/19/13 at 9:28pmpost #19394 of 564113/19/13 at 9:46pmpost #19395 of 564113/19/13 at 11:29pmI think custom order shirts is a great new development, although these seem to be down at the moment.
I couldn't see a way to set the baseline size of the shirt, except, I suppose, from the collar size. I usually find that the standard Epaulet large shirt fits me very well, so I would want to find a way to order something very similar. But I might actually want to change the collar size, if that makes sense.
I've also noticed that my shirts have some variation in the fit, especially after a wash.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 31 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 34 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 40 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 43 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...