Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:40 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:44 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1293post #19381 of 453713/19/13 at 10:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19382 of 453713/19/13 at 1:09pmpost #19383 of 453713/19/13 at 2:58pm
We'll have a ton of new trousers going up this week, but here are a ton of restocks to hold you guys over:post #19384 of 453713/19/13 at 3:09pmpost #19385 of 453713/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #19386 of 453713/19/13 at 3:37pmpost #19387 of 453713/19/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Really excited to see the gingham option!
Any idea of when a Gunmetal Rivet restock will happen soon? Need the 34 to come back...
And finally. Can someone tell me which pants these are? Are they the Brushed Heavyweight Taupe?post #19388 of 453713/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #19389 of 453713/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #19390 of 453713/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #19391 of 453713/19/13 at 8:51pmpost #19392 of 453713/19/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
So, here's a question I have regarding sleeve lengths.
Based on past experience, this has been kind of a gamble as I've ended up with several different lengths after washing (cold, hang dry) depending on the fabric. I wear almost all my Epaulet shirts casually (ie not usually with a jacket) so this hasn't been too much of a problem, but for instance here are some examples from my closet:
sleeves from shoulder:
original japanese blue OCBD (union-esque label): 24"
more recent white OCBD (plain epaulet label): 25"
blue/white seersucker: 25 1/4" (this one I've even thrown in the dryer but it's still the longest)
purple/brown gingham: 23 3/4" (this one was actually a real bummer, since it could have worked as a dress shirt otherwise)
cranberry madras: 24"
blue/purple check (wool/cotton blend): 25"
these are all size XS, which on the site is listed as having 34.5" sleeves from the center back, which if you subtract the yoke (shoulder), means the sleeves should be measuring 26" actually. obviously, none of them come close to that, but since I'm actually about a 14.5x33 in dress shirts, that's been ok.
but my point is, there's quite a bit of variety here, and while that isn't to be totally unexpected buying shirts that come in unwashed fabrics, are you going to be able to let us know what to expect from the fabrics in the MTO system so that we can have some educated guess as to whether we need to be adding or subtracting sleeve length?
I know the Ashland shirts use pre-washed fabric, right? Is there any reason you wouldn't switch to that for the mainline shirts to get that same consistency?post #19393 of 453713/19/13 at 9:28pmpost #19394 of 453713/19/13 at 9:46pmpost #19395 of 453713/19/13 at 11:29pmI think custom order shirts is a great new development, although these seem to be down at the moment.
I couldn't see a way to set the baseline size of the shirt, except, I suppose, from the collar size. I usually find that the standard Epaulet large shirt fits me very well, so I would want to find a way to order something very similar. But I might actually want to change the collar size, if that makes sense.
I've also noticed that my shirts have some variation in the fit, especially after a wash.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 32 seconds ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Indochino suits? 5 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...