Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on Today at 8:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1293post #19381 of 349413/19/13 at 10:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19382 of 349413/19/13 at 1:09pmpost #19383 of 349413/19/13 at 2:58pm
We'll have a ton of new trousers going up this week, but here are a ton of restocks to hold you guys over:post #19384 of 349413/19/13 at 3:09pmpost #19385 of 349413/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #19386 of 349413/19/13 at 3:37pmpost #19387 of 349413/19/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Really excited to see the gingham option!
Any idea of when a Gunmetal Rivet restock will happen soon? Need the 34 to come back...
And finally. Can someone tell me which pants these are? Are they the Brushed Heavyweight Taupe?post #19388 of 349413/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #19389 of 349413/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #19390 of 349413/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #19391 of 349413/19/13 at 8:51pmpost #19392 of 349413/19/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
So, here's a question I have regarding sleeve lengths.
Based on past experience, this has been kind of a gamble as I've ended up with several different lengths after washing (cold, hang dry) depending on the fabric. I wear almost all my Epaulet shirts casually (ie not usually with a jacket) so this hasn't been too much of a problem, but for instance here are some examples from my closet:
sleeves from shoulder:
original japanese blue OCBD (union-esque label): 24"
more recent white OCBD (plain epaulet label): 25"
blue/white seersucker: 25 1/4" (this one I've even thrown in the dryer but it's still the longest)
purple/brown gingham: 23 3/4" (this one was actually a real bummer, since it could have worked as a dress shirt otherwise)
cranberry madras: 24"
blue/purple check (wool/cotton blend): 25"
these are all size XS, which on the site is listed as having 34.5" sleeves from the center back, which if you subtract the yoke (shoulder), means the sleeves should be measuring 26" actually. obviously, none of them come close to that, but since I'm actually about a 14.5x33 in dress shirts, that's been ok.
but my point is, there's quite a bit of variety here, and while that isn't to be totally unexpected buying shirts that come in unwashed fabrics, are you going to be able to let us know what to expect from the fabrics in the MTO system so that we can have some educated guess as to whether we need to be adding or subtracting sleeve length?
I know the Ashland shirts use pre-washed fabric, right? Is there any reason you wouldn't switch to that for the mainline shirts to get that same consistency?post #19393 of 349413/19/13 at 9:28pmpost #19394 of 349413/19/13 at 9:46pmpost #19395 of 349413/19/13 at 11:29pmI think custom order shirts is a great new development, although these seem to be down at the moment.
I couldn't see a way to set the baseline size of the shirt, except, I suppose, from the collar size. I usually find that the standard Epaulet large shirt fits me very well, so I would want to find a way to order something very similar. But I might actually want to change the collar size, if that makes sense.
I've also noticed that my shirts have some variation in the fit, especially after a wash.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 seconds ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 2 minutes ago
- › Ben Affleck's shirt (Gone Girl) 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › How many shirts do you own? 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 8 minutes ago
- › I just won a custom suit - what would you go with? 10 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...