Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 1:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1293post #19381 of 489113/19/13 at 10:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19382 of 489113/19/13 at 1:09pmpost #19383 of 489113/19/13 at 2:58pm
We'll have a ton of new trousers going up this week, but here are a ton of restocks to hold you guys over:post #19384 of 489113/19/13 at 3:09pmpost #19385 of 489113/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #19386 of 489113/19/13 at 3:37pmpost #19387 of 489113/19/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Really excited to see the gingham option!
Any idea of when a Gunmetal Rivet restock will happen soon? Need the 34 to come back...
And finally. Can someone tell me which pants these are? Are they the Brushed Heavyweight Taupe?post #19388 of 489113/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #19389 of 489113/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #19390 of 489113/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #19391 of 489113/19/13 at 8:51pmpost #19392 of 489113/19/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
So, here's a question I have regarding sleeve lengths.
Based on past experience, this has been kind of a gamble as I've ended up with several different lengths after washing (cold, hang dry) depending on the fabric. I wear almost all my Epaulet shirts casually (ie not usually with a jacket) so this hasn't been too much of a problem, but for instance here are some examples from my closet:
sleeves from shoulder:
original japanese blue OCBD (union-esque label): 24"
more recent white OCBD (plain epaulet label): 25"
blue/white seersucker: 25 1/4" (this one I've even thrown in the dryer but it's still the longest)
purple/brown gingham: 23 3/4" (this one was actually a real bummer, since it could have worked as a dress shirt otherwise)
cranberry madras: 24"
blue/purple check (wool/cotton blend): 25"
these are all size XS, which on the site is listed as having 34.5" sleeves from the center back, which if you subtract the yoke (shoulder), means the sleeves should be measuring 26" actually. obviously, none of them come close to that, but since I'm actually about a 14.5x33 in dress shirts, that's been ok.
but my point is, there's quite a bit of variety here, and while that isn't to be totally unexpected buying shirts that come in unwashed fabrics, are you going to be able to let us know what to expect from the fabrics in the MTO system so that we can have some educated guess as to whether we need to be adding or subtracting sleeve length?
I know the Ashland shirts use pre-washed fabric, right? Is there any reason you wouldn't switch to that for the mainline shirts to get that same consistency?post #19393 of 489113/19/13 at 9:28pmpost #19394 of 489113/19/13 at 9:46pmpost #19395 of 489113/19/13 at 11:29pmI think custom order shirts is a great new development, although these seem to be down at the moment.
I couldn't see a way to set the baseline size of the shirt, except, I suppose, from the collar size. I usually find that the standard Epaulet large shirt fits me very well, so I would want to find a way to order something very similar. But I might actually want to change the collar size, if that makes sense.
I've also noticed that my shirts have some variation in the fit, especially after a wash.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 11 minutes ago
- › The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line 12 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories