Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 8/28/15 at 6:47am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 5:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1293post #19381 of 460763/19/13 at 10:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19382 of 460763/19/13 at 1:09pmpost #19383 of 460763/19/13 at 2:58pm
We'll have a ton of new trousers going up this week, but here are a ton of restocks to hold you guys over:post #19384 of 460763/19/13 at 3:09pmpost #19385 of 460763/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #19386 of 460763/19/13 at 3:37pmpost #19387 of 460763/19/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
Really excited to see the gingham option!
Any idea of when a Gunmetal Rivet restock will happen soon? Need the 34 to come back...
And finally. Can someone tell me which pants these are? Are they the Brushed Heavyweight Taupe?post #19388 of 460763/19/13 at 5:41pmpost #19389 of 460763/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #19390 of 460763/19/13 at 6:48pmpost #19391 of 460763/19/13 at 8:51pmpost #19392 of 460763/19/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
So, here's a question I have regarding sleeve lengths.
Based on past experience, this has been kind of a gamble as I've ended up with several different lengths after washing (cold, hang dry) depending on the fabric. I wear almost all my Epaulet shirts casually (ie not usually with a jacket) so this hasn't been too much of a problem, but for instance here are some examples from my closet:
sleeves from shoulder:
original japanese blue OCBD (union-esque label): 24"
more recent white OCBD (plain epaulet label): 25"
blue/white seersucker: 25 1/4" (this one I've even thrown in the dryer but it's still the longest)
purple/brown gingham: 23 3/4" (this one was actually a real bummer, since it could have worked as a dress shirt otherwise)
cranberry madras: 24"
blue/purple check (wool/cotton blend): 25"
these are all size XS, which on the site is listed as having 34.5" sleeves from the center back, which if you subtract the yoke (shoulder), means the sleeves should be measuring 26" actually. obviously, none of them come close to that, but since I'm actually about a 14.5x33 in dress shirts, that's been ok.
but my point is, there's quite a bit of variety here, and while that isn't to be totally unexpected buying shirts that come in unwashed fabrics, are you going to be able to let us know what to expect from the fabrics in the MTO system so that we can have some educated guess as to whether we need to be adding or subtracting sleeve length?
I know the Ashland shirts use pre-washed fabric, right? Is there any reason you wouldn't switch to that for the mainline shirts to get that same consistency?post #19393 of 460763/19/13 at 9:28pmpost #19394 of 460763/19/13 at 9:46pmpost #19395 of 460763/19/13 at 11:29pmI think custom order shirts is a great new development, although these seem to be down at the moment.
I couldn't see a way to set the baseline size of the shirt, except, I suppose, from the collar size. I usually find that the standard Epaulet large shirt fits me very well, so I would want to find a way to order something very similar. But I might actually want to change the collar size, if that makes sense.
I've also noticed that my shirts have some variation in the fit, especially after a wash.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 22 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 23 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 39 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 45 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015