Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Edited on 1/9/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1270post #19036 of 208623/6/13 at 11:46amHow dressy are their dress oxfords? The descriptions claim they can be worn untucked and casually -- is this true? I'm essentially interested in them because of the cutaway collar, but I'm worried that the material will be too dressy or the the tails will be excessively long. Can their oxfords compete with the typical Brooks Brothers OCBD? -- not that that is an excessively high bar or anything.post #19037 of 208623/6/13 at 3:34pmpost #19038 of 208623/6/13 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by oisin
I'm 6'5", between 180 and 190 (trying to get back closer to 180!). I have a Caine in a 38 but it needed a lot of tailoring and I'm still not 100% happy with the fit. May try to sell at some point and re-order. On the recent factory finds jackets I was deciding between a 40 and 41 and ended up with the 41 (in extra long). I wish I had known a bit more about my sizing and how different companies size coats when I first ordered -- I have plenty of coats with 17.5 and 18" shoulders that fit fine now. 17" on the 38 is just a bit narrow and it took some work to get the chest right on it too. Anyway, I would say start with the shoulder. If you have a coat that fits you well, measure the shoulders. I have a feeling a 40 will be right for you but really depends on your build. If you are ordering custom anyway (long or extra long) you can specify in between sizes (so a 39, 41, etc) to dial it in.Quote:
Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards 40, too, but just thought I'd put it out there!post #19039 of 208623/6/13 at 4:15pm
Received my first Epaulet shipment today. Bought a few staples, Navy and Stone Sanded Canvas Slim Walts. Could not be happier. I have a feeling this is going to snowball in a similar fashion to my now significant Alden, um, problem.
Tried to put together a suit, with the Weller and the 120's Walt trousers as well, but it looks like I am going to have to go the special order route on the Jacket. Wouldn't have ordered any of it if it wasn't for the 14 day return window for SF members.
Anyways, always looking for recommendations, if anyone has any particular EP staple items in their regular rotation that you suggest I take a look at, let me know and I will check them out.post #19040 of 208623/6/13 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by milesbeyond
I know you guys have the duck canvas in navy in the Walt cut, but any chances of it ever being used on the Rivet chino? Love the toughness of my caramel ducks and the fit and rise of the Rivet is exactly what I was looking for.
On another note, I was looking to pick up Oboy's Purple Herringbone shirt but just based on measurements, I think I'm right inbetween an L and an XL in the Epaulet shirt line. For reference, a medium in the regular fit of J. Crew shirts fits me perfectly (even with their inconsistent sizing) and their slim line is a bit too tight for me.
I think the Epaulet line may border the slim fit of J. Crew per what I've read. Anyone else that wears a J. Crew medium chime in on their sizing experience with the different shirts Epaulet offers? That's partially why I was hesitant on ordering some of the FF. Maybe the Navy label is what I have to stick to?
Thanks! Yes and no on the navy duck, we're going to release a stone washed navy duck canvas rivet chino with a small twist in the design. Should drop in about 4-6 weeks.
And most guys who wear J.Crew shirts end up sizing up one for Epaulet. You could buy the same size in Navy Label.Quote:
Hmm, I don't have that exact shirt in the works, but stay tuned, we've got about 10 new shirts going live in the next 2 days. Might be something else that you dig in there.Quote:Originally Posted by Randomore
Want to order a couple chinos and shirts and had a couple questions as far as fit.
I have a couple west is dead chinos and I am a perfect 32 on those. Does anyone have both to compare? I'm usually a 34 on most other brands.
Gitman Vintage I am a perfect L. Should I size up for the house brand? I wear a M for J crew as well, I know someone mentioned them for comparison.
Thanks in advance. Love this stuff.
Thank you. For the chinos, I'd recommend measuring the rear waistband to get an idea of sizing. Provided you can normally wear slim-ish pants and jeans, then the legs will most likely work for you.
For shirts, our Ashland Large is going to spot on. Those are made by Gitman Brothers with a slightly modified version of the Vintage fit. In mainline Epaulet shirts, you'd wear a Large or XL, but most likely an XL.Quote:
No, they're definitely a true olive, there's no brown cast to them.Quote:Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Napoli SC sizing question--though applicable for all SC fits I suppose.
I'm 6'3" ~175lbs. I typically buy Large Epaulet shirts, but sometimes wash/hot dry them to get them down a little for a really good fit. I think I'm just a little between an M and L. Ashland label size Medium fits me great.
Is the 40 going to be my best bet w/ a little tailoring in the body vs. the 38? Of course, always variations but looking for some input.
I'd put you into a 40R jacket. I can wear an Epaulet large, but I need to special order a 41 jacket. You might need to tailor the coat a bit to really dial it in, but I imagine that the 40 will give you a pretty solid fit straight off the rack.Quote:Awesome, your kids are really cute! And I'm officially jealous that you're in Disneyland.Originally Posted by Abecedarian
At Disney with the girls. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Gun metal rivets (with much wear)
EP seersucker shirtQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Looks great Abe! We'll be there next Feb hopefully!
Carmina Jumpers and Italian Navy Donegal Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That jacket pattern is super boss. Jumpers are looking tight!Quote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Walt Stone Sanded UK Canvas.
Nice! I really dig that comboQuote:Originally Posted by 70gransport
Just received my first Ashland OCBD shirt in the mail the other day. Want to thank James for the help, the shirt fits wonderfully. My next plan is to loose some weight so I can fit back into some of my old EP short sleeves this summer.
Also, will you guys be redoing the denim from a couple season back? I suspect not, but I am really loving those jeans and they are starting to get a little worn and would love to replace them. Thanks again for being such a kick ass business!
Thank you sir! We've got two new Ashland shirts going up in the next day or two. Some killer patterns in there.
And for the denim, I've got a little something up my sleeve. I'm just waiting for the fabric to be delivered. It won't be exactly what we did before, but will be a really unique piece. We're planning a release date around May.
Yup, going to work on them tonight and put them up as they're finished.post #19041 of 208623/6/13 at 4:22pmpost #19042 of 208623/6/13 at 4:23pmpost #19043 of 208623/6/13 at 4:26pmpost #19044 of 208623/6/13 at 4:32pmpost #19045 of 208623/6/13 at 4:56pmQuote:
compared to a year ago, then i believe the answer is yes.post #19046 of 208623/6/13 at 5:21pmpost #19047 of 208623/6/13 at 6:09pmpost #19048 of 208623/6/13 at 6:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by k9n
What shoes is the model wearing in the above link? TIA!
They look like Epaulet handsewns
Ranger mocs essentiallypost #19049 of 208623/6/13 at 6:14pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › What is your workhorse untucked short sleeve shirt for summer? 1 minute ago
- › Church's new 'Shanghai' like? or not? 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 3 minutes ago
- › HELLO EVERYONE! NEW FROM PORTLAND, MAINE! 3 minutes ago
- › RRL new Hickory Stripe Officer's Chino, Hickory Bozeman Wash, 34x34... 6 minutes ago
- › Less "Douchey" alternative to the Boat Shoe? 6 minutes ago
- › Let's get rid of archaic dress codes 7 minutes ago
- › Websites for men who basically can't get dates? 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › PEURIST - European Menswear Discounter - Official Affiliiate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw