Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1249
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #18722 of 339352/21/13 at 4:06pmpost #18723 of 339352/21/13 at 4:24pmQuote:
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.post #18724 of 339352/21/13 at 4:29pmQuote:I'm not here to argue, Mr. BMW. I am just stating my two cents. By the look, I mean the noticeable metal piece hugging the sole in the toe area when your shoes are up. This is the same reason I don't like to add a thin piece of rubber onto leather sole. Yes, they preserve the life of the sole, but not my cup of tea. When it comes to resole then so be it.Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.post #18725 of 339352/21/13 at 5:09pmpost #18726 of 339352/21/13 at 5:14pmpost #18727 of 339352/21/13 at 5:22pmHaha. Impressive, wj4. I'll have to take your word for it.
I just got a pair of shoes with flush metal taps. Not sure how I feel about them just yet. Likely another one of those things that will fall into the category of 'do with your shoes as you will."
NYI's fits looking good as usual.post #18728 of 339352/21/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
I went to college in NH with Pete Nash's little brother. He used to visit all the time. We were all star struck. It was the late 80's early 90's after all. I haven't heard 3rd bass in years. Off to YouTube...post #18729 of 339352/21/13 at 5:29pmpost #18730 of 339352/21/13 at 5:37pmpost #18731 of 339352/21/13 at 5:39pmQuote:
How could I forget that Sanka from Cool Runnings was in the gas face video? lolpost #18732 of 339352/21/13 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.
Agreed. Have recently added taps to all my leather-soled shoes.
I have some Vass coming with the sunken metal tap.
Also, you can get a sunken rubber tap added as well.post #18733 of 339352/21/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by zinc2162
I have ordered the button-down shirts from the recent factory find. I ordered them in small but am thinking that I should change to a medium. This is my first shirt purchase with Epaulet so I am not familiar with the sizing. My chest measurement is 38.5 and shoulder is about 17.5. If this helps, I am about 155lbs and 5'8". Based on the measurement chart on Epaulet website, this should be a no brainer that I should switch to medium, right? because small will be too tight on the chest. Thanks, K.
Your measurements is almost just like mine. I'm 5'9, 155 lbs, 39" chest and 17.5 shoulder. I found medium Epaulet shirts to be wearable but a bit tight in the chest, while size large feels comfortable and still look pretty fitted. So I've sold off most of my mediums and buy large exclusively now. I think medium should work for you but small likely would not.post #18734 of 339352/21/13 at 6:03pm
Thx, fabric is vintage 1936 English overcoating I found on Delancey St...as soon as i saw it, i was in love.Quote:Quote:
I'm not a toe tap fan, don't like the feel of them to be honest...I've some, and they always catch on the stairs when I walk up...falling in front of 30 13 year olds is not pleasant. Yes, it has happened.post #18735 of 339352/21/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
As long as we're in car nerd mode...
ZSP was the normal sport package code.
ZHP was the performance package code. It was mostly notable because you could get Imola Red which until then was an M exclusive color at least in the US.
You also got 10 hp more than a standard 330 and a lower final drive ratio. You could get it on a sedan and guys who got the ZHP liked to pretend that they got it because there was no E46 M3 sedan.
To keep this Epaulet related
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Currently, there are 1869 Active Users (447 Members and 1422 Guests)
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 9 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 54 seconds ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of... 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Meermin shell cordovan wingtip boots, 10UK Rui (fits 11.5+) 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › RLBL Denim Jeans Sz 32 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...