Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1249
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18722 of 462292/21/13 at 4:06pmpost #18723 of 462292/21/13 at 4:24pmQuote:
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.post #18724 of 462292/21/13 at 4:29pmQuote:I'm not here to argue, Mr. BMW. I am just stating my two cents. By the look, I mean the noticeable metal piece hugging the sole in the toe area when your shoes are up. This is the same reason I don't like to add a thin piece of rubber onto leather sole. Yes, they preserve the life of the sole, but not my cup of tea. When it comes to resole then so be it.Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.post #18725 of 462292/21/13 at 5:09pmpost #18726 of 462292/21/13 at 5:14pmpost #18727 of 462292/21/13 at 5:22pmHaha. Impressive, wj4. I'll have to take your word for it.
I just got a pair of shoes with flush metal taps. Not sure how I feel about them just yet. Likely another one of those things that will fall into the category of 'do with your shoes as you will."
NYI's fits looking good as usual.post #18728 of 462292/21/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
I went to college in NH with Pete Nash's little brother. He used to visit all the time. We were all star struck. It was the late 80's early 90's after all. I haven't heard 3rd bass in years. Off to YouTube...post #18729 of 462292/21/13 at 5:29pmpost #18730 of 462292/21/13 at 5:37pmpost #18731 of 462292/21/13 at 5:39pmQuote:
How could I forget that Sanka from Cool Runnings was in the gas face video? lolpost #18732 of 462292/21/13 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.
Agreed. Have recently added taps to all my leather-soled shoes.
I have some Vass coming with the sunken metal tap.
Also, you can get a sunken rubber tap added as well.post #18733 of 462292/21/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by zinc2162
I have ordered the button-down shirts from the recent factory find. I ordered them in small but am thinking that I should change to a medium. This is my first shirt purchase with Epaulet so I am not familiar with the sizing. My chest measurement is 38.5 and shoulder is about 17.5. If this helps, I am about 155lbs and 5'8". Based on the measurement chart on Epaulet website, this should be a no brainer that I should switch to medium, right? because small will be too tight on the chest. Thanks, K.
Your measurements is almost just like mine. I'm 5'9, 155 lbs, 39" chest and 17.5 shoulder. I found medium Epaulet shirts to be wearable but a bit tight in the chest, while size large feels comfortable and still look pretty fitted. So I've sold off most of my mediums and buy large exclusively now. I think medium should work for you but small likely would not.post #18734 of 462292/21/13 at 6:03pm
Thx, fabric is vintage 1936 English overcoating I found on Delancey St...as soon as i saw it, i was in love.Quote:Quote:
I'm not a toe tap fan, don't like the feel of them to be honest...I've some, and they always catch on the stairs when I walk up...falling in front of 30 13 year olds is not pleasant. Yes, it has happened.post #18735 of 462292/21/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
As long as we're in car nerd mode...
ZSP was the normal sport package code.
ZHP was the performance package code. It was mostly notable because you could get Imola Red which until then was an M exclusive color at least in the US.
You also got 10 hp more than a standard 330 and a lower final drive ratio. You could get it on a sedan and guys who got the ZHP liked to pretend that they got it because there was no E46 M3 sedan.
To keep this Epaulet related
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1367 Active Users (322 Members and 1045 Guests)
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 11 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 4 September 2015: Air Your Linen! 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015