Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1249
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18722 of 508402/21/13 at 4:06pmpost #18723 of 508402/21/13 at 4:24pmQuote:
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.post #18724 of 508402/21/13 at 4:29pmQuote:I'm not here to argue, Mr. BMW. I am just stating my two cents. By the look, I mean the noticeable metal piece hugging the sole in the toe area when your shoes are up. This is the same reason I don't like to add a thin piece of rubber onto leather sole. Yes, they preserve the life of the sole, but not my cup of tea. When it comes to resole then so be it.Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.post #18725 of 508402/21/13 at 5:09pmpost #18726 of 508402/21/13 at 5:14pmpost #18727 of 508402/21/13 at 5:22pmHaha. Impressive, wj4. I'll have to take your word for it.
I just got a pair of shoes with flush metal taps. Not sure how I feel about them just yet. Likely another one of those things that will fall into the category of 'do with your shoes as you will."
NYI's fits looking good as usual.post #18728 of 508402/21/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
I went to college in NH with Pete Nash's little brother. He used to visit all the time. We were all star struck. It was the late 80's early 90's after all. I haven't heard 3rd bass in years. Off to YouTube...post #18729 of 508402/21/13 at 5:29pmpost #18730 of 508402/21/13 at 5:37pmpost #18731 of 508402/21/13 at 5:39pmQuote:
How could I forget that Sanka from Cool Runnings was in the gas face video? lolpost #18732 of 508402/21/13 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
what do you mean by "the look"? you can't see them while the pair is being worn and for someone who is hard on their toes (like me, for instance) it prevents the need for premature resoling. who cares about the look when you're adding literally years to the life of your shoes.
Agreed. Have recently added taps to all my leather-soled shoes.
I have some Vass coming with the sunken metal tap.
Also, you can get a sunken rubber tap added as well.post #18733 of 508402/21/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by zinc2162
I have ordered the button-down shirts from the recent factory find. I ordered them in small but am thinking that I should change to a medium. This is my first shirt purchase with Epaulet so I am not familiar with the sizing. My chest measurement is 38.5 and shoulder is about 17.5. If this helps, I am about 155lbs and 5'8". Based on the measurement chart on Epaulet website, this should be a no brainer that I should switch to medium, right? because small will be too tight on the chest. Thanks, K.
Your measurements is almost just like mine. I'm 5'9, 155 lbs, 39" chest and 17.5 shoulder. I found medium Epaulet shirts to be wearable but a bit tight in the chest, while size large feels comfortable and still look pretty fitted. So I've sold off most of my mediums and buy large exclusively now. I think medium should work for you but small likely would not.post #18734 of 508402/21/13 at 6:03pm
Thx, fabric is vintage 1936 English overcoating I found on Delancey St...as soon as i saw it, i was in love.Quote:Quote:
I'm not a toe tap fan, don't like the feel of them to be honest...I've some, and they always catch on the stairs when I walk up...falling in front of 30 13 year olds is not pleasant. Yes, it has happened.post #18735 of 508402/21/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by wj4
As long as we're in car nerd mode...
ZSP was the normal sport package code.
ZHP was the performance package code. It was mostly notable because you could get Imola Red which until then was an M exclusive color at least in the US.
You also got 10 hp more than a standard 330 and a lower final drive ratio. You could get it on a sedan and guys who got the ZHP liked to pretend that they got it because there was no E46 M3 sedan.
To keep this Epaulet related
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1737 Active Users (443 Members and 1294 Guests)
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 35 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1