or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1245

post #18661 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and 
they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause 
such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor? 

I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy.

Yes, we all do. The answer is yes. If you know basic sewing, you could repair it also, as this is just a few loose stitches. It happens.
post #18662 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and 

they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause 

such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor? 

 

I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy.

 

 

 

 

Same thing just happned to my Duck Rivets.  Dropped them off at my tailor to restitch. No big deal and an easy fix

post #18663 of 36645
Turn inside-out. Straight stitch down the seam, something heavier if you're worried about wear. 5 minutes max.
post #18664 of 36645
Yea, thats no biggie and prob due to the open weave of the cloth.
post #18665 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and 
they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause 
such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor? 

I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





My duck rivets chinos have had no such issues, but I did have this happen to my pair of sanded canvas Walts. The fix was so simple, my tailor did it for free.
post #18666 of 36645

Ah, got it. Thanks!

Still not used to buying 'expensive' clothes so stuff like that causes me to think that the world is coming to an end. Phew! Of course, if that 

were a pair of Margiela, Givenchy, or Jil Sander pants, I probably would've had a heart attack.

 

Thanks again.

post #18667 of 36645
clothes are so expensive these days frown.gif
post #18668 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

clothes are so expensive these days frown.gif

I was just talking to my wife, EVERYTHING is more expensive nowadays. Even in the past 10 years it seems that everything has been adversely impacted by what I can only assume is the rise of gas prices. Food, clothing, materials, hell ANYTHING that needs fuel to be transported. Add to that the fact that people are making less, and you have a recession.
post #18669 of 36645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


First off, this is NOT a picture from Halloween. Back in 2000, I went to the Hugo Boss Christmas party and thought that (1) it's a great idea to wear my Gucci sunglasses all night long indoors and (2) what better to match to my black suit than a powder-blue ruffled tuxedo shirt.

Oh my lord, I had nearly the exact outfit, except that my go to suit was an Emporio Armani number with rounded peak lapels (it's actually an old style lapel that I see here and there, I forget the exact name), and my go to shirts were Dirk Schonberger tuxedo shirts with cut outs and shredded bibs.) Oh, and my sunglasses were custom titanium frames with blue lenses. Booyah!
post #18670 of 36645

Is the online store stock the same stock as in-store?

No 28s left in the side tab pants online ffffuuuu.gif

post #18671 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceBoogie View Post

Is the online store stock the same stock as in-store?
No 28s left in the side tab pants online ffffuuuu.gif
Yep.
post #18672 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

I was just talking to my wife, EVERYTHING is more expensive nowadays. Even in the past 10 years it seems that everything has been adversely impacted by what I can only assume is the rise of gas prices. Food, clothing, materials, hell ANYTHING that needs fuel to be transported. Add to that the fact that people are making less, and you have a recession.

I remember senior year (Clinton boom, baby): $0.93 for HIGH TEST/Gallon. In New York (40 miles north of City, so, close to NYC prices).

Crazy thing is, we use less and produce more than almost ever. Market Capitalism ft(1%)w!
post #18673 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


I remember senior year (Clinton boom, baby): $0.93 for HIGH TEST/Gallon. In New York (40 miles north of City, so, close to NYC prices).

Crazy thing is, we use less and produce more than almost ever. Market Capitalism ft(1%)w!


Part of it is also a mix of taxes and increased use. The U.S. may use less then ever before but when you add in China and India its no surprise.

post #18674 of 36645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceBoogie View Post

Is the online store stock the same stock as in-store?
No 28s left in the side tab pants online ffffuuuu.gif

Mike and co. stopped offering 28's in their standard Walt runs some time ago. Fabric willing, you can pm Mike or Matt to special order a size 28. I do this from time to time, takes 4-6 weeks, sometimes sooner.
post #18675 of 36645
Hey Mike-
Can we expect the next round of Factory Finds this week since the last batch is due to arrive this week?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread