Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 3/23 DROP▐ Santoni Boot▐ Orciani Bag▐ Nom de Guerre Jeans Last post on 3/28/11 at 3:13pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Edited on 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Edited on 1/9/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1244post #18646 of 209322/17/13 at 5:20pmpost #18647 of 209322/17/13 at 5:31pm
I have been interested in picking up a Caine Navy Hopsack for a while now, and was browsing through this thread and there was some mention of special ordering longer sizes. Is it possible to get a 40L? I really need a length of 31" for a proper fit... My only other concern is that most of my other sport coats (40L) have an 18" shoulder, and although they aren't a tight fit in the shoulder, I didn't know if I could work with the .5" of difference, as the other measurements are good. Does anyone who normally wear a 40 have to size up? Or did the 40 fit fine?post #18648 of 209322/17/13 at 5:43pmpost #18649 of 209322/17/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
ABSOUTELY! This contest has been fantastic. It's really exciting to see everyone's progression. At the end, I'll work this all into a big online gallery. The submissions have been awesome!Quote:
Thank you sir! That shirt is going to be boss, good choice there.Quote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Not sure if the competition is over or anything but I have a before and after picture, sort of.
(I apologize for the pictures, taken from my tablet)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The original shoes on the left (before Styleforum and Epaulet) and the replacements on the right (post Epaulet).Shoes are the first part to a better wardrobe for me. Not sure how these fit the pants I already have. Feedback appreciated.
Alfani square toed something or anothers... and Carmina/Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calfskin.
A little sad I was sent devirginized shoes but hey.. when you get the very last in your size, just be happy.
They're a LITTLE too big for me but not enough to throw a fit.
Extremely happy with Epaulet, will be looking there first for anything and everything.
Very nice, and thanks for posting the photos! I appreciate the shoe-centric addition to our contest. Thanks again and enjoy those beautiful double monks.Quote:Originally Posted by mavrick465
I have been interested in picking up a Caine Navy Hopsack for a while now, and was browsing through this thread and there was some mention of special ordering longer sizes. Is it possible to get a 40L? I really need a length of 31" for a proper fit... My only other concern is that most of my other sport coats (40L) have an 18" shoulder, and although they aren't a tight fit in the shoulder, I didn't know if I could work with the .5" of difference, as the other measurements are good. Does anyone who normally wear a 40 have to size up? Or did the 40 fit fine?
Absolutely, we can do either a Long (1" longer) or an Xtra Long (2" longer).
We've had great experience with the sizing - particularly in the shoulders. Our fit isn't "skinny," and if your shoulders aren't usually too broad for jackets, then you shouldn't have a problem. You'll generally know it if you have to size up. If you're ordinarily finding that slim-ish tailored jackets and shirts are uncomfortably tight then might want to go up 1. But if you're built more or less like the guys posting on this thread, and all of the other measurements are in line, then it should be no problem.post #18650 of 209322/17/13 at 7:34pmpost #18651 of 209322/17/13 at 7:36pmContest Prizes
So... I found the perfect fabric for the contest prizes, but had a brain fart last Friday and left the office without shooting it. But the winner trousers will be done in GORGEOUS linen windowpanes. One is navy with a cream windowpane, the other is cream with a navy windowpane. The popular choice winner will get the first pick of the two.
You guys are familiar with my fits these days, but I found some old school Mike Kuhle style. I'm actually going to visit my parents tomorrow, and I'll see if I can pull out some more gems there:
Here's a great look. I'm around 21 here. I worked to find the perfect pair of obnoxious camo pants to match to my Anime t-shirt. My desire for karaoke hasn't changed though.
First off, this is NOT a picture from Halloween. Back in 2000, I went to the Hugo Boss Christmas party and thought that (1) it's a great idea to wear my Gucci sunglasses all night long indoors and (2) what better to match to my black suit than a powder-blue ruffled tuxedo shirt.post #18652 of 209322/17/13 at 8:08pmpost #18653 of 209322/17/13 at 8:08pmQuote:
Agree - a gallery would be a very cool idea to showcase everyone. Great idea on the contest, Mike.post #18654 of 209322/17/13 at 8:39pmpost #18655 of 209322/17/13 at 10:19pmpost #18656 of 209322/17/13 at 10:23pmpost #18657 of 209322/18/13 at 11:08ampost #18658 of 209322/18/13 at 11:45ampost #18659 of 209322/18/13 at 12:15pmthis is the best contest.
great idea, and seeing the transformations in everyone's personal style is beautiful and inspiring. For example, a dude like Wj4 always seemed like he was just born with mad steeze - cool to see that he had a significant transformation, makes me think anyone could do it.
great stuff, as always, mike and everyone at epaulet.post #18660 of 209322/18/13 at 12:43pm
Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and
they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause
such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor?
I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin. Carmina 2nd brand? 10 minutes ago
- › Paolo Scafora RTW 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › 13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81?... 17 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw