or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1244

post #18646 of 32977

I have been interested in picking up a Caine Navy Hopsack for a while now, and was browsing through this thread and there was some mention of special ordering longer sizes.  Is it possible to get a 40L?  I really need a length of 31" for a proper fit... My only other concern is that most of my other sport coats (40L) have an 18" shoulder, and although they aren't a tight fit in the shoulder, I didn't know if I could work with the .5" of difference, as the other measurements are good.  Does anyone who normally wear a 40 have to size up? Or did the 40 fit fine?

post #18647 of 32977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

The trouser and shirt contests were both great, but looking at the pics for this one has really been amazing. Many of us have come a very long way, with Epaulet being a very big part of that transformation!

QFT
post #18648 of 32977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

The trouser and shirt contests were both great, but looking at the pics for this one has really been amazing. Many of us have come a very long way, with Epaulet being a very big part of that transformation!

ABSOUTELY! This contest has been fantastic. It's really exciting to see everyone's progression. At the end, I'll work this all into a big online gallery. The submissions have been awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Mike, why are you doing this to me. Golden light blue tattersall ordered. That yellow is my favorite color.
I really, really can't afford anything moremusicboohoo[1].gif

Thank you sir! That shirt is going to be boss, good choice there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Not sure if the competition is over or anything but I have a before and after picture, sort of.

(I apologize for the pictures, taken from my tablet)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The original shoes on the left (before Styleforum and Epaulet) and the replacements on the right (post Epaulet).




Alfani square toed something or anothers... and Carmina/Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calfskin.




A little sad I was sent devirginized shoes but hey.. when you get the very last in your size, just be happy.




They're a LITTLE too big for me but not enough to throw a fit.

Extremely happy with Epaulet, will be looking there first for anything and everything.


Shoes are the first part to a better wardrobe for me. Not sure how these fit the pants I already have. Feedback appreciated.

Very nice, and thanks for posting the photos! I appreciate the shoe-centric addition to our contest. Thanks again and enjoy those beautiful double monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick465 View Post

I have been interested in picking up a Caine Navy Hopsack for a while now, and was browsing through this thread and there was some mention of special ordering longer sizes.  Is it possible to get a 40L?  I really need a length of 31" for a proper fit... My only other concern is that most of my other sport coats (40L) have an 18" shoulder, and although they aren't a tight fit in the shoulder, I didn't know if I could work with the .5" of difference, as the other measurements are good.  Does anyone who normally wear a 40 have to size up? Or did the 40 fit fine?

Absolutely, we can do either a Long (1" longer) or an Xtra Long (2" longer).

We've had great experience with the sizing - particularly in the shoulders. Our fit isn't "skinny," and if your shoulders aren't usually too broad for jackets, then you shouldn't have a problem. You'll generally know it if you have to size up. If you're ordinarily finding that slim-ish tailored jackets and shirts are uncomfortably tight then might want to go up 1. But if you're built more or less like the guys posting on this thread, and all of the other measurements are in line, then it should be no problem.
post #18649 of 32977
Mike/Matt-
What's the status on the last batch of trouser Factory Finds?
post #18650 of 32977
Contest Prizes

So... I found the perfect fabric for the contest prizes, but had a brain fart last Friday and left the office without shooting it. But the winner trousers will be done in GORGEOUS linen windowpanes. One is navy with a cream windowpane, the other is cream with a navy windowpane. The popular choice winner will get the first pick of the two.

You guys are familiar with my fits these days, but I found some old school Mike Kuhle style. I'm actually going to visit my parents tomorrow, and I'll see if I can pull out some more gems there:


Here's a great look. I'm around 21 here. I worked to find the perfect pair of obnoxious camo pants to match to my Anime t-shirt. My desire for karaoke hasn't changed though.


First off, this is NOT a picture from Halloween. Back in 2000, I went to the Hugo Boss Christmas party and thought that (1) it's a great idea to wear my Gucci sunglasses all night long indoors and (2) what better to match to my black suit than a powder-blue ruffled tuxedo shirt.
post #18651 of 32977

I should've pulled the trigger this morning on the ff Lavender pinpoint... Too late!  ..What's this about factory find trousers? smile.gif

post #18652 of 32977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

ABSOUTELY! This contest has been fantastic. It's really exciting to see everyone's progression. At the end, I'll work this all into a big online gallery. The submissions have been awesome!

Agree - a gallery would be a very cool idea to showcase everyone. Great idea on the contest, Mike.
post #18653 of 32977
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Mike/Matt-
What's the status on the last batch of trouser Factory Finds?

Scheduled for delivery this week. Thanks again for your patience everyone!
post #18654 of 32977
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

stayed home most nights listening to Morrissey and Smiths tapes (mixed in with the occasional hardcore)

This is still most nights for me LOL
post #18655 of 32977
Mike,

when are the spring/summer trousers coming in? Also, what do you have lined up? smile.gif
post #18656 of 32977
I might be late for the contest but here we go...5 years ago vs last month

(Saving up for another trip to to NY with one purpose only - Epaulet shopping biggrin.gif )

CDED6D53-4BB7-4F80-9069-AD362E790230-18270-000013D0737DD709_zpsd248346b.jpg

Epaulet green rivets and Epaulet vest

AC5EE133-E748-4948-B521-248CB592C867-3047-00000310D48D972F.jpg
post #18657 of 32977
Hi Mike,

Even though they're not in stock currently, are the Rudy measurements posted anywhere on the website?

Thanks,
H
post #18658 of 32977
this is the best contest.

great idea, and seeing the transformations in everyone's personal style is beautiful and inspiring. For example, a dude like Wj4 always seemed like he was just born with mad steeze - cool to see that he had a significant transformation, makes me think anyone could do it.

great stuff, as always, mike and everyone at epaulet.
post #18659 of 32977

Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and 

they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause 

such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor? 

 

I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy.

 

 

 

 

post #18660 of 32977
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and 
they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause 
such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor? 

I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy.





That's a fluke. Mine are fitted and strong as can be. Looks like an easy fix for a tailor though.
Edited by tricky - 2/18/13 at 1:24pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread