Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1235post #18511 of 453322/12/13 at 2:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18512 of 453322/12/13 at 2:57pmpost #18513 of 453322/12/13 at 3:09pmpost #18514 of 453322/12/13 at 3:17pm
Thanks Mike and Adele, the Hardie Cardigan arrived today! Sizing down one was great adivce - this fits pretty much perfectly. I love the thick rugged texture, and the shawl is amazing, but the best bit is the nice thick buttons :). Yay for Epaulet.
Should I follow the care instructions on your website, or on the card that came with the garment?post #18515 of 453322/12/13 at 4:15pmHere are my submissions: No it was not halloween in the first one, I was actually wearing that. May replace an after picture with a different one on Friday...
Warning: Submissions! (Click to show)
Crombie Retro Overcoat
Epaulet Walt Airforce Flannels
Epaulet Fair Isle Sweater
Epaulet x Carmina Caramel double monks
Apologies for the grey tshirt.... wasn't a planned shoot or anything, yes I am standing on a frozen lake.
Epaulet Walt Blue
Ledbury White shirt
Smathers & Branson school belt
Before (Check out my kicks)
Epaulet Blaze Walts
Epaulet x Carmina caramel monks
Ledbury blue check shirt
Edited by streetlight - 2/12/13 at 4:29pmpost #18516 of 453322/12/13 at 4:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by streetlight
Here are my submissions: No it was not halloween in the first one, I was actually wearing that. May replace an after picture with a different one on Friday...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Damn. This guy's got my vote so far. The after in that third set of pics is absolute fire. Mind if I get the deets on your sunglasses? Not the ones in your before pic lol, the other ones.post #18517 of 453322/12/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
Haha, are you saying you don't like my before pictures!?
Sure, they are Persol 714s in tortoise.post #18518 of 453322/12/13 at 5:01pmpost #18519 of 453322/12/13 at 5:14pmpost #18520 of 453322/12/13 at 5:26pmpost #18521 of 453322/12/13 at 5:36pmpost #18522 of 453322/12/13 at 5:42pmYeah I agree with Rob...I think the cuff on the linen trou will add a little bit of heft to an otherwise lightweight pant, which will help keep them "grounded", for lack of a better word. The only reason I didn't get cuffs on my last pair of linens from Epaulet (first round of factory finds) is because I didn't request the 38" unfinished inseam. I'll get cuffs on my next linen pair.post #18523 of 453322/12/13 at 6:03pm
Finally got my Duck Canvas Caramel's hemmed and the waist taken out just a bit! Ordered the 34" and had the waist taken out an inch to be more comfortable tucking shirts in. Did a warm soak to get the shrink out of the inseam, didn't shrink much and took 6" off (I'm 5'10" but have really short legs). Right at 29.5" inseam. Almost considered tapering a bit, but would have only wanted them tapered a half in at absolute most, so didn't think it was worth it.
Very excited to start wearing them. Look, ma! No jeans! Up next, navy rivets!post #18524 of 453322/12/13 at 6:36pmQuote:RE: adding heft..Assuming the trousers will actually touch the shoes! Haha. We'll see May go with it this time around since my two others have no cuffs.Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Yeah I agree with Rob...I think the cuff on the linen trou will add a little bit of heft to an otherwise lightweight pant, which will help keep them "grounded", for lack of a better word. The only reason I didn't get cuffs on my last pair of linens from Epaulet (first round of factory finds) is because I didn't request the 38" unfinished inseam. I'll get cuffs on my next linen pair.
Blackwatch today:post #18525 of 453322/12/13 at 6:59pm
Are these the Carmina Salinger Double Monks in Burgundy? I only ask because I see the double stitching around the straps and the Carminas on Epaulet don't show that.
Regardless, great shoes. I have the Caramel ones coming to me and this may have convinced me to get the Burgundy ones as well.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 32 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 38 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...