Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 2:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1235post #18511 of 508272/12/13 at 2:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18512 of 508272/12/13 at 2:57pmpost #18513 of 508272/12/13 at 3:09pmpost #18514 of 508272/12/13 at 3:17pm
Thanks Mike and Adele, the Hardie Cardigan arrived today! Sizing down one was great adivce - this fits pretty much perfectly. I love the thick rugged texture, and the shawl is amazing, but the best bit is the nice thick buttons :). Yay for Epaulet.
Should I follow the care instructions on your website, or on the card that came with the garment?post #18515 of 508272/12/13 at 4:15pmHere are my submissions: No it was not halloween in the first one, I was actually wearing that. May replace an after picture with a different one on Friday...
Warning: Submissions! (Click to show)
Crombie Retro Overcoat
Epaulet Walt Airforce Flannels
Epaulet Fair Isle Sweater
Epaulet x Carmina Caramel double monks
Apologies for the grey tshirt.... wasn't a planned shoot or anything, yes I am standing on a frozen lake.
Epaulet Walt Blue
Ledbury White shirt
Smathers & Branson school belt
Before (Check out my kicks)
Epaulet Blaze Walts
Epaulet x Carmina caramel monks
Ledbury blue check shirt
Edited by streetlight - 2/12/13 at 4:29pmpost #18516 of 508272/12/13 at 4:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by streetlight
Here are my submissions: No it was not halloween in the first one, I was actually wearing that. May replace an after picture with a different one on Friday...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Damn. This guy's got my vote so far. The after in that third set of pics is absolute fire. Mind if I get the deets on your sunglasses? Not the ones in your before pic lol, the other ones.post #18517 of 508272/12/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
Haha, are you saying you don't like my before pictures!?
Sure, they are Persol 714s in tortoise.post #18518 of 508272/12/13 at 5:01pmpost #18519 of 508272/12/13 at 5:14pmpost #18520 of 508272/12/13 at 5:26pmpost #18521 of 508272/12/13 at 5:36pmpost #18522 of 508272/12/13 at 5:42pmYeah I agree with Rob...I think the cuff on the linen trou will add a little bit of heft to an otherwise lightweight pant, which will help keep them "grounded", for lack of a better word. The only reason I didn't get cuffs on my last pair of linens from Epaulet (first round of factory finds) is because I didn't request the 38" unfinished inseam. I'll get cuffs on my next linen pair.post #18523 of 508272/12/13 at 6:03pm
Finally got my Duck Canvas Caramel's hemmed and the waist taken out just a bit! Ordered the 34" and had the waist taken out an inch to be more comfortable tucking shirts in. Did a warm soak to get the shrink out of the inseam, didn't shrink much and took 6" off (I'm 5'10" but have really short legs). Right at 29.5" inseam. Almost considered tapering a bit, but would have only wanted them tapered a half in at absolute most, so didn't think it was worth it.
Very excited to start wearing them. Look, ma! No jeans! Up next, navy rivets!post #18524 of 508272/12/13 at 6:36pmQuote:RE: adding heft..Assuming the trousers will actually touch the shoes! Haha. We'll see May go with it this time around since my two others have no cuffs.Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Yeah I agree with Rob...I think the cuff on the linen trou will add a little bit of heft to an otherwise lightweight pant, which will help keep them "grounded", for lack of a better word. The only reason I didn't get cuffs on my last pair of linens from Epaulet (first round of factory finds) is because I didn't request the 38" unfinished inseam. I'll get cuffs on my next linen pair.
Blackwatch today:post #18525 of 508272/12/13 at 6:59pm
Are these the Carmina Salinger Double Monks in Burgundy? I only ask because I see the double stitching around the straps and the Carminas on Epaulet don't show that.
Regardless, great shoes. I have the Caramel ones coming to me and this may have convinced me to get the Burgundy ones as well.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 49 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 2 minutes ago
- › Ankle opening? 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 6 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...