or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1229

post #18421 of 34766

I dig the jordans.  and yes, nicelynice, wtf.  i want his life.  

post #18422 of 34766
Wis...those pics are classic! I wish I could find some pics from high school, I'm sure I was wearing some similar stuff. The oldest I could find were from college, so here goes with my entry into the contest:

BEFORE pic taken circa 2003 (my nickname was Jesus around this time period):

T-shirt from the college bookstore for about $6
Jeans I'm sure are from Express or another equally horrible mall brand
Can't see the shoes but they're probably a beat up pair of Nikes
Look at that old cell phone!!
*Graffix also safely out of view*



AFTER pic taken about 10 years after the before pic:

Epaulet Leaf Duck Rivets
Epaulet Color 8 Brixtons

Leaf Duck2 6-7-12.JPG
Edited by Beatlegeuse - 2/8/13 at 2:37pm
post #18423 of 34766
I'm not sure about the colours of the new Elderberry and Juniper linen Walts.

Are they as deep as they are in these pictures:

Elderberry


Juniper


Or do they look a lot lighter in real life, like the picture below?


I prefer the deep colours. Would someone please tell me which pictures are more true to life? Thank you very much!
post #18424 of 34766
is their going to be a true lavender linen trouser or does the elderberry cover that part of the color spectrum this season?
post #18425 of 34766

Mike- When are you planning to restock these:  http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-knits/products/cutaway-collar-popover-blue-oxford

 

Also, are there any plans to make them in different colors in the future or is blue going to be the only color?

post #18426 of 34766
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Pictures for the contest....all of the before pictures were from 2001-2003 during my 11th and 12th grade years in high school. Class of 2003 for reference. I wanted to include more embarrasing pictures, but none of them were full figure photos. Back then, it was all about 3XL tops, and pants/shorts sagging halfway down to your knees with basketball shorts under so you can ball during lunch break with ease, haha. shog[1].gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Entry 1




Entry 2




Entry 3


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Wis...those pics are classic! I wish I could find some pics from high school, I'm sure I was wearing some similar stuff. The oldest I could find were from college, so here goes with my entry into the contest:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BEFORE pic taken circa 2003 (my nickname was Jesus around this time period):

T-shirt from the college bookstore for about $6
Jeans I'm sure are from Express or another equally horrible mall brand
Can't see the shoes but they're probably a beat up pair of Nikes
Look at that old cell phone!!
*Graffix also safely out of view*



AFTER pic taken about 10 years after the before pic:

Epaulet Leaf Duck Rivets
Epaulet Color 8 Brixtons

Leaf Duck2 6-7-12.JPG

Wow. Bravo to both of you. Hope I can compare a bit. I'll preface my entry by saying I don't have any photos on my own computer stretching back to 2003 (which would be quite the eyesore for everyone - literally hoodies and gymshorts everywhere), but only 2005 where I'd already started at least buying clothes at the mall.

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark
post #18427 of 34766
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

You graced the borough...awesome!

Wiseth, thats great dude...I have an ex sending me a bunch of old pics, but I don't think I can tiop that!

Tread lightly.
post #18428 of 34766
^ Excellent Argentino. Although you rocking white Cons may lose it for you, as they are still very much an excellent shoe.
post #18429 of 34766
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Wow. Bravo to both of you. Hope I can compare a bit. I'll preface my entry by saying I don't have any photos on my own computer stretching back to 2003 (which would be quite the eyesore for everyone - literally hoodies and gymshorts everywhere), but only 2005 where I'd already started at least buying clothes at the mall.
 

 

Very nice, man! Is that Stark burgundy or is it a brighter red. I always figured I'd pick one up in navy first, but I love the way that one looks.

post #18430 of 34766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

^ Excellent Argentino. Although you rocking white Cons may lose it for you, as they are still very much an excellent shoe.

laugh.gif They fit my Billabong/Hollister aesthetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

Very nice, man! Is that Stark burgundy or is it a brighter red. I always figured I'd pick one up in navy first, but I love the way that one looks.

Burgundy, my friend. And thank you -
post #18431 of 34766
Glad to see more participants! I wish I had pics of me in jerseys too. That was pretty big around the early 2000s. The new linen Walts look great. Picked up th berry color.
post #18432 of 34766
Hey Epaulet - will you guys be open tomorrow due to the blizzard? Any idea what your plans will be throughout the weekend? I was hoping to stop by one of your locations either Saturday or Sunday but don't want to make the trip in vain.
post #18433 of 34766

is elderberry a blue or a purple?

post #18434 of 34766
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Steps to 'Winning':
  1. Order Double Monks from Epaulet
  2. Refresh page
  3. Notice your size is sold out and you got the last pair.

Smile happily and go to bed.

Very nice! Thanks and enjoy the shoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post

I went to the Brooklyn store for the first time and it was great. I had not followed this thread, and didn't know much about the place except they had Carmina shoes. I went in to try them on for size, and (probably) made a pain in the ass of myself by trying on a zillion pairs of shoes and pants. In the end I left with some nice carminas, a couple of pairs of pants, and a shirt. I'd have bought more, but had to deal with some art gallery bullshit over the phone and ran out of time.

Adele is a peach, and if I had a men's store, I think (or I'd hope) that it would look a lot like Epaulet (except I wouldn't put chest pockets on the shirts .... ). Rest of the staff was also quite helpful.

Just an endorsement for people like me who are too lazy to read the previous 1226 pages.

Thank you sir! Adele actually told me about your visit right after you left - she said that it was great meeting you too. Enjoy all of the new gear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Wis...those pics are classic! I wish I could find some pics from high school, I'm sure I was wearing some similar stuff. The oldest I could find were from college, so here goes with my entry into the contest:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BEFORE pic taken circa 2003 (my nickname was Jesus around this time period):

T-shirt from the college bookstore for about $6
Jeans I'm sure are from Express or another equally horrible mall brand
Can't see the shoes but they're probably a beat up pair of Nikes
Look at that old cell phone!!
*Graffix also safely out of view*



AFTER pic taken about 10 years after the before pic:

Epaulet Leaf Duck Rivets
Epaulet Color 8 Brixtons

Leaf Duck2 6-7-12.JPG


I freaking LOVE this contest already!

Did you go to Penn State Beatlegeuse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post

I'm not sure about the colours of the new Elderberry and Juniper linen Walts.

Are they as deep as they are in these pictures:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Elderberry


Juniper


Or do they look a lot lighter in real life, like the picture below?

I prefer the deep colours. Would someone please tell me which pictures are more true to life? Thank you very much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlms3 View Post

is elderberry a blue or a purple?
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post

is their going to be a true lavender linen trouser or does the elderberry cover that part of the color spectrum this season?

It's a weird thing with bold colored linens. The combination of the hue and texture make it really difficult to get a consistent color across different light sources. I would say that the full size fit photos are the closest to the true color.


Slim Walt Trouser Juniper Italian Linen: $205


Slim Walt Trouser Elderberry Italian Linen: $205

Juniper is largely forest green with a touch of teal. The teal shows more in bright sunlight.

Elderberry is a purple-blue tone. It kind of varies with the lighting. Indoors it looks more blue, outdoors it looks more purple.

Both of these are killer! Elderberry is actually moving very fast, so you might want to pick that up sooner than later if it catches your eye. We'll run a few other linens this season which will be natural (off white), grey, orange, and red. But these will be the only green and purple that we have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Mike- When are you planning to restock these:  http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-knits/products/cutaway-collar-popover-blue-oxford

Also, are there any plans to make them in different colors in the future or is blue going to be the only color?

We'll definitely restock them. I'm going to run oxfords in a few colors this Spring, but I imagine that this exact model (popover cutaway) will probably just come in blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Hey Epaulet - will you guys be open tomorrow due to the blizzard? Any idea what your plans will be throughout the weekend? I was hoping to stop by one of your locations either Saturday or Sunday but don't want to make the trip in vain.

We're playing it by ear at the moment. I'll post an update here in the morning. The plan is:

1. If the city is walkable and mass transit is working then we'll open both shops

2. If mass transit is shut down and/or it's really hairy to walk around, then we'll only open the Brooklyn shop, and possibly with shorter hours than usual.

Either way, Brooklyn will surely be open tomorrow from 12-5 if you want to plan for that. I imagine that we'll have both shops open normal hours on Sunday. The city seems on top of cleaning this thing up.
post #18435 of 34766
Mike: you guys are planning another run of orange and red linens?! Will they be like last year's? Also, what hue of gray are you guys planning to run? I hope it's a light gray. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread