or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1226

post #18376 of 37589

Do you plan on doing any restocks of Steinbeck boots in the near future?

post #18377 of 37589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

[ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
SIZE=4]Streetwear & Denim[/SIZE]

Wow. In combing through some scans of old film pics, it turns out that I was rocking both streetwear and denim pretty freaking hard in 2003...





This was from when I lived in Austria. I was definitely the only guy wearing Evisu jeans in that city. You'd only other place you'd see them over there is in a Nelly video. I kind of miss that Lewis Leathers jacket though.

So... these got me thinking... are you guys up for a contest next week? Concept will be "BEFORE/AFTER." You need to post two pics. One of them is you looking good these days wearing a good Epaulet fit with one or more of our pieces. The second is a throwback shot from back in the days. The more embarrassing the Before pic and the larger the contrast to today, the better! What do you think? We'll do the usual judging of one winner selected, one decided at random, and we'll do really good prizes this time. I'll dig through my trouser fabrics, and I'm sure that I can find something amazing there for two special edition pants.

Noice...I'm sure I can find some winners...
post #18378 of 37589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

So... these got me thinking... are you guys up for a contest next week? Concept will be "BEFORE/AFTER." You need to post two pics. One of them is you looking good these days wearing a good Epaulet fit with one or more of our pieces. The second is a throwback shot from back in the days. The more embarrassing the Before pic and the larger the contrast to today, the better! What do you think? We'll do the usual judging of one winner selected, one decided at random, and we'll do really good prizes this time. I'll dig through my trouser fabrics, and I'm sure that I can find something amazing there for two special edition pants.

I have "date night" pictures from my fraternity Freshmen year of Uni. None of you stand a chance.

post #18379 of 37589
Excited for the contest, Mike!
post #18380 of 37589
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

I have "date night" pictures from my fraternity Freshmen year of Uni. None of you stand a chance.
Pants sagging halfway down to the knees while crip walking, bro!

Mike: do we just pose up the pictures on here come Friday?
post #18381 of 37589
This is gonna take "The Biggest Loser" to a whole 'nother level...icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18382 of 37589
Has the Rivet Chinos changed much in terms of fit since last year? Are the new Rivets larger in the leg opening than in the past? I have a few pairs I purchased the same time last year and they fit perfectly.
post #18383 of 37589
Quote:
Originally Posted by uninkco View Post

Has the Rivet Chinos changed much in terms of fit since last year? Are the new Rivets larger in the leg opening than in the past? I have a few pairs I purchased the same time last year and they fit perfectly.

Not much different...but you can now let them in or out...which is nice.
post #18384 of 37589
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post


Pants sagging halfway down to the knees while crip walking, bro!

Mike: do we just pose up the pictures on here come Friday?

 

Yup, let's kick the contest off on Friday. We'll run it through next Friday. I'll post the official rules, but the just will be: 

 

* 3 entries allowed per person. One entry consists of both a before and after shot. You can either post them in succession or combine them into a two-pic montage

* The contrast is what's key. Let's see a real difference between before and after.

* Let's keep a general age minimum on the before pic. Maybe 16yo or something. Everyone becomes self-aware of their style at some point. It can either be then or a later period. Most people are wearing crazy things when they're 5, so no childhood pics! 

* We'll do the usual system of 2 winners - one chosen by vote and one chosen by random ballot.

 

This is going to be fun! I bet that we'll find a lot of new common ground too between everyone on the thread. 

post #18385 of 37589
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Not much different...but you can now let them in or out...which is nice.

Do you mean the leg opening can now be easily adjusted or the waist? I thought the waist/seat were always adjustable because of the split.
post #18386 of 37589
Quote:
Originally Posted by uninkco View Post

Do you mean the leg opening can now be easily adjusted or the waist? I thought the waist/seat were always adjustable because of the split.
That was not always true for the chinos, but now all pants have that option.

Sounds good, Matt! My pics will be from a decade back. 3 entries will be up on Friday!
post #18387 of 37589
I sold my epaulet shirts because I dropped 15 lbs... but I still have plenty of rivets. This contest is going to be "off the hinges" as I used to say when I was 16! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18388 of 37589
Epaulet Walt trousers:



post #18389 of 37589
^ Boot info?
post #18390 of 37589

Heading out on the actual honeymoon tomorrow and will be out all next week so it looks like I will be missing this contest. That said, after the last two, I ought to sit this one out anyway. Perhaps I will post a late, non-qualifying, entry upon my return -- I don't want to make you guys miss out on a chance to bask in my full sartorial grandeur circa 2003. (7)
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread