EP under various DOF; EP shirt (converted from French cuff to barrel cuff), Rudy UK Donegal Tweed Navy & Alden.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 1222post #18316 of 453412/3/13 at 10:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18317 of 453412/3/13 at 10:37ampost #18318 of 453412/3/13 at 10:41amQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
I found these today at Buffalo Exchange - can someone confirm if they are by Epaulet? The tag isn't the same as the current models on the Epaulet site, but the herringbone "selvage" looks like that on the rivet chinos. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good find! Yup, that's our old tag, back when I cast "EP's" as a diffusion denim line, just to confuse the hell out of everyone.Quote:Originally Posted by milesbeyond
Just spent a good chunk of time reading through the thread and made my first purchase! Rivet Chino in Duck Canvas Caramel.
Been trying to "class up" my wardrobe just a smidge. I literally wear denim every day.
The no refund policy scared me a bit, but after meticulously measuring every pair of pants that I own, I think I'll be okay with size 34. And it looks like the waist can be let out even slightly as well, so feeling okay. The rise seems perfect.
If these fit great, I'll be picking up a pair in canvas navy as well. Any other "staple" colors I should put on my list?
And finally, for those that have the duck canvas rivets, how warm of temperature have you worn them comfortably? I live in Seattle so it doesn't get too terribly warm here, but wondering if these are wearable in 65ish degree temps?
Thanks and excited to get these!
Thank you sir! Enjoy the chinos! After caramel, the most popular basic colors are Gunmetal canvas, Navy canvas, and Moss Duck Canvas.
And as an SF member, you do get a 14-day refund policy on all full price purchases.Quote:
Yes, this is done by special order only, but it's a pretty easy process. You can drop a PM to Matt at leftofthedial to get the ball rolling.Quote:Originally Posted by mothball
My favorite shirt, caramel ducks, and cigar. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Cigar Indys were my first Epaulet purchase, my first Alden purchase, and my first shell purchase all rolled into one.
The boots look boss!post #18319 of 453412/3/13 at 10:44am
There's always some pulling on wool fabrics with long underwear -- unless you get the kind that has a brushed/slick exterior like these Under Armour ones. They're designed not to snag your pants and are pretty good at it IME.post #18320 of 453412/3/13 at 10:52ampost #18321 of 453412/3/13 at 11:21ampost #18322 of 453412/3/13 at 11:32amQuote:
It typically does, but a very dark brown like this will keep its uniform appearance for a while. We have a few in-store customers who wear this shoe religiously when it's terrible outside. Been lots of opportunities for that latelyQuote:
Unfortunately there was no way to port the old accounts over, you have to make a fresh one.post #18323 of 453412/3/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
It typically does, but a very dark brown like this will keep its uniform appearance for a while. We have a few in-store customers who wear this shoe religiously when it's terrible outside. Been lots of opportunities for that lately
Unfortunately there was no way to port the old accounts over, you have to make a fresh one.
Thanks, Mike. Am I going to want to wear them regularly with a suit or are they just not for that. Should I steer toward the Fitzgerald? I'd be special ordering a small size so time is of no essence.post #18324 of 453412/3/13 at 12:37pmpost #18325 of 453412/3/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
Good to know. Was hoping I could see my old order history, but that's fine.
Just bought one of the Armor Lux sweaters, and I'm thinking hard about the Alt Wien.post #18326 of 453412/3/13 at 12:43pmpost #18327 of 453412/3/13 at 12:45pmpost #18328 of 453412/3/13 at 2:01pm
Again, this is in reference to the duck canvas, somebody up there mentioned wool.
I wear mostly wool underneath and and find that at the waist it can be snug.
With a bit of creative rolling of the waistband I can get away with it, though of course everyone's idea of a perfect pant fit can vary in the first place.
I tuck my long underwear into my socks, so snagging or riding up isn't an issue. Is that gauche? It keeps me warmer.post #18329 of 453412/3/13 at 7:07pmpost #18330 of 453412/4/13 at 12:01am
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 34 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 37 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 45 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 45 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 49 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 50 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...